• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

[Chat] Barbaraann's Magical May/June Vacation:

I usually do a countdown for my Disneyland Vacations. Right now my May/June Vacation is just 56 days away. I was happy to see that the "Magical" Fireworks are on the Disneyland calendar, starting the first weekend in May. I love those fireworks. I wlll always remember the first time that I saw Dumbo fly. It was two years ago, during another late May vacation. The California weather was so nice when I was there. I hit a few Grad Nights, but the kids I ran into were polite, and well behaved. I even loaned one my phone, so she could reconnect with her party.

Join me in my Countdown. My vacation starts on May 29th, and ends on June the 5th.

It will be a Magical May/June Vacation. I am sure of it. My motto is: If I don't have fun on vacation, then it's my own fault.
    BarbaraAnn

• ScottG
    Done with MC.
    • May 2007

Re: Barbaraann's Magical May/June Vacation:

No Disney trip for us this year so I'll have to vacation vicariously through you! :razz:

Comment

• swampymarsh
      Under that tree again!
      • Nov 2011

You will have fun!
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• Barbaraann
        Chicago Gal
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
        No Disney trip for us this year so I'll have to vacation vicariously through you! :razz:
        I love sharing my Disney Vacations with my friends on the internet.

Technically, I love touring Disneyland alone. However, I never feel alone, because I get to share my fun times, talking with my friends on MiceChat.

Only one drawback this year, and that is that I have a 5 day parkhopper for a week's vacation. Gotta come up with some creative ways to spend my time, during the time I won't be going into the parks.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
          Chicago Gal
          • Apr 2005

This vacation, I arrive on a Thursday. I was going to buy an Annual Pass again, but that has changed. Even if I had, I would have gotten hit with a blockout day on the Saturday during my trip. Now I am buying a 5 day parkhopper. In fact, I need to purchase that soon, so it arrives way before my trip starts. With my 5 days in the park, I have come up with this agenda.

Thursday - Arrival Day
          Friday - Disneyland/DCA all day
          Saturday - Disneyland/DCA all day
          Sunday - Disneyland/DCA all day - MiceChat Meet
          Monday - Off day
          Tuesday - Early Entry/Magic Morning
          Wednesday - Last Park Day
          Thursday - Departure Day

55 Days until my trip.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• superlarz
            MiceChatter
            • Mar 2013

If you were getting an AP be becasue you plan on going again within a year, you can upgrade your 5 day pass to an AP on or after the day the blackout is. So you could buy a 3 or 5 day pass on Thursday, go to the Park Thurs, Fri, and Sat, and on Sat upgrade to an AP for the rest of your trip.

Comment

• ssaamm
              Banned User
              • Jun 2010

Can't wait for your trip report already haha. Yours are always fun to read

Comment

• Barbaraann
                Chicago Gal
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by superlarz View Post
                If you were getting an AP be becasue you plan on going again within a year, you can upgrade your 5 day pass to an AP on or after the day the blackout is. So you could buy a 3 or 5 day pass on Thursday, go to the Park Thurs, Fri, and Sat, and on Sat upgrade to an AP for the rest of your trip.

I thought of that strategy. However, it is most likely that any future trip would be beyond the year mark. Mostly, I am hoping that Disneyland will have something special planned for it's 60th year.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• smartlabelprint
                  MiceChatter
                  • Sep 2012

51 days for us. we'll overlap a little

Comment

• Barbaraann
                    Chicago Gal
                    • Apr 2005

Today I bought my 5 day parkhopper online from the Disneyland website. I find it interesting that the Disneyland website ticket prices include tax, and the Disney World one does not.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• swampymarsh
                      Under that tree again!
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                      Today I bought my 5 day parkhopper online from the Disneyland website. I find it interesting that the Disneyland website ticket prices include tax, and the Disney World one does not.
                      CA does not have tax on theme park, special event tickets. So it's not really included it's not there at all.

WDW does have tax, but you actually paid extra for the tickets. WDW sells them through an subsidy that is out of FL. So they sell the wholesale tickets to their own reseller. They pocket the taxed amount that they don't actually pay taxes on. If you buy at the gate in FL, you pay the same amount and Disney gives the included tax to the state. So if you do a package, some of that tax that is avoided is passed on as savings.
                      Last edited by swampymarsh; 04-05-2014, 09:35 PM.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• the702senior09
                        Certified DL Addict
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                        My motto is: If I don't have fun on vacation, then it's my own fault.
                        This. If more people looked at their vacations this way the world will be a better place All joking aside it's a great attitude for anyone to have on a trip... just go with the flow and enjoy being somewhere magical!

I hope you have a wonderful trip and the days go by quickly!
                        Last edited by the702senior09; 04-06-2014, 06:45 AM. Reason: forgot a word
                        2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
                        *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
                        *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

• Barbaraann
                          Chicago Gal
                          • Apr 2005

I have indeed been lucky, in that nothing real bad has ever happened to me during any of my Disney vacations. Both at Disneyland, and Disney World. There's always so much to do and see, so if something comes along that disappoints me, or negatively surprises me, I do try and direct my attention to another area of interest.

The key for me is not to rush and try and do more than I can handle.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                            Chicago Gal
                            • Apr 2005

My vacation is just 53 days away, and quite frankly, I am happy that I don't have to worry about fastpass plus windows opening up for me. I could also do some dining reservations, but I have decided to "Wing It" for all my meals. That worked nicely on my most reason visits to Disneyland/DCA.

I am looking forward to a MiceChat Sunday Meet. I haven't been to one of those in a while. The last one I was at, was during an Anniversary visit, and there were way too many people there that I actually avoided the crowd. I did get in the picture, and I had attended a smaller Meet the Sunday before. I like the smaller Meets a whole lot better. So my next MiceChat Meet Sunday will be on June First.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                              Chicago Gal
                              • Apr 2005

My vacation is 48 days away. For the first time, in a very long time, I will be flying into LAX. I have been wondering how long I should wait until I call Super Shuttle to reserve a spot on one of their Vans. I will be arriving midday, and hopefully will get to my hotel, Dolphin's Cove, just about their check in time.

Or perhaps it would be better to ride the Disneyland Express Bus. I believe I don't need a reservation for that.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• ADDel
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2011

Congrats! Looks like we'll be overlapping. We'll be in the parks June 4th and for the rest of the week. I can't wait for your TR!
                                all magic comes with a price

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                  Chicago Gal
                                  • Apr 2005

Yes, my last day in the parks will be June the 4th, since I am flying back home on the 5th.

My vacation will be a bit different this time. Since Disney won't sell me a longer parkhopper, I actually have a planned, non-park day. That's probably a good thing for me. I can sleep late, and rest up in the middle of my vacation. As I age, I find I can't do as much as I want to in a day.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                                    Goofy
                                    • Jul 2006

that sounds good barbaraann. spending the non day park all relaxing sounds like a dream come true for me lol

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                      Chicago Gal
                                      • Apr 2005

In three more days, the Disneyland Calendar will start to show information about the days that I am visiting. That means that my trip is definitely approaching fast. I haven't yet received the parkhopper ticket that I ordered in the mail yet, but I figure it should show up any day now. I already have my ART tickets. I ordered extra the last time I was there. The ART stop is right around the corner from my hotel.

Spring may not be quite here in Chicago yet, but I am sure looking forward to the great California weather.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                        Chicago Gal
                                        • Apr 2005

My parkhopper ticket arrived in the mail today. That always gives me a good feeling.
                                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X