This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Matterhorns Open Ceiling

Matterhorn Bobsleds had it's rock formation ceiling off (on the fantasyland side for that matter). Now I'm not sure if there ever even was a ceiling but there were work lights on on the upper level that are either blocked or off. You could see support structures for the mountain, and the two metal bars that hold two not-as-glowing red dots. I was personally looking for a basketball court (aka my reason for a second time around).

Anyone seen this before? This was Friday, April 4th at night.

Re: Matterhorns Open Ceiling

It's been like that for years. It used to be dark, but the ceiling was never complete. I assume they needed to keep the lights in for emergency purposes. They don't show during the day because the sunlight at the end of the tunnel is brighter, but at night they become pretty distracting.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

The lights are not always on, but when they are it sure is noticeable. I am not sure if they are on when they are prepping for the fireworks or something like that, but the ride is much cooler when it is completely dark.

Comment

Originally posted by themeparkgeek View Post
        I was personally looking for a basketball court (aka my reason for a second time around).
        You won't be able to see the basketball hoop while riding the attraction.

Comment

I try to give this attraction the benefit of the doubt, as the interior was completely exposed for sometime, but no. Either cover it up or turn the light out, as it's...tacky.

Comment

If I'm riding the FL side of the Matterhorn at night I close my eyes during that section, similar to how if I see people with glaring cell phones in the Haunted Mansion stretching gallery I close my eyes when the lights go out.

Comment

I'll try it next time since it happened again tonight.
              Last edited by themeparkgeek; 04-08-2014, 12:00 AM. Reason: Replied to wrong message

Comment

So it happened again tonight. Both times this has happened is after the fireworks and also the tomorrowland side was shut down again. Anyone know more?

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                  If I'm riding the FL side of the Matterhorn at night I close my eyes during that section, similar to how if I see people with glaring cell phones in the Haunted Mansion stretching gallery I close my eyes when the lights go out.
                  Or you just picture Skyway Buckets passing through in your mind...
                  "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                  "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

If you close your eyes on the Matterhorn, you can clearly imagine you are riding Space Mountain at WDW. Two rides in one

Comment

Seriously? Like it would be such a hassle for Disney to spray-texture a gray tarp and hang it across there?
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Yes, simply because if they need the lights to evacuate then someone will need to remove the tarp first. That defeats the purpose
                        Devastatingly Dank
                        OC/IE Beer Fan

Comment

I love riding the Matterhorn at night for this reason its cool
                          I :love: Fresh baked!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruination View Post
                            Yes, simply because if they need the lights to evacuate then someone will need to remove the tarp first. That defeats the purpose

They could wire emergency lights anywhere else in that section, similar to what they have in all the other tunnels, at no great expense.
                            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by fjhuerta View Post
                              If you close your eyes on the Matterhorn, you can clearly imagine you are riding Space Mountain at WDW. Two rides in one

I know, right? SM at WDW just felt so weird to me!
                              Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X