This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Lets talk Mad T Party!

I'll be the first to admit, I LOATHED Mad T Party the first few times I went by it. I'm still bitter that ElecTRONica is gone (yes the movie flopped and there was nothing to do there but come on... you pass through a recognizer!!). However, just recently I went to the parks with my best friend (ditched the husbands and went just us girls), and we gave Mad T Party a second twentieth chance.

We had a BLAST. The drinks are pricey ($11.50!) but are strong enough to get a decent buzz, so I felt it was worth the indulgence. The side-acts over at the House of Cards stage are fun to watch, especially the two aerialists who do a routine on some metal bars high up in the air. And the Mad T Party band is fun, especially if you get into the crowd and really get into the "rock concert" element of it.

Um and can we please talk about how freaking adorable the Dormouse (on guitar) and March Hare (on bass) are? Be still my fangirling heart!

One thing that sours the experience for me is.... teenagers. More specifically, those "too cool" teenagers who stand around near the stage and look bored as all get-out, and seem to only be hanging out there because it's kind of got an "underage club" element to it. I'm all for having all-ages fun, but some of the people I've seen there have such a sour disposition they make 27-year-old-me revert into 17-year-old-me who feels like a nerd for having fun.

So, what does everyone else think of the Mad T Party? Kinda fun? Totally lame? Gimmicky and stupid? A must-do?

Re: Lets talk Mad T Party!

I like the idea, but Disney needs a seperate space for this kind of thing. It looks bad during the daytime.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

I have never really done anything other than walk through, but I am definitely for more entertainment options. Disneyland is supposed to appeal to everyone, and there is a portion of the population that is definitely appeals too. And those that don't like it have plenty of other things to enjoy. It is a shame the teenagers you speak of are "too cool" to have fun at the party, they are probably "too cool" to have fun the entire day that they or their parents spend a ton of money on at DLR.

Comment

I'd be ok if any future Hollywood Land plans include creaing a permanent home for the night parties that's off the beaten path, or at least more hidden. For example, knock out the old Hollywood and Dine warehouse and create an entranceway to the party in that area, and keep it in the corner.

Comment

I love the club vibe that they have going but honestly I think Mad T Party was the worst of them, even Glow Fest was better. My favorite to this day is still ElecTRONica but I highly doubt that they'll be putting it back at any point.
          "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
          "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Ive only passed through MTP and never really checked it out. I did love elecTRONica though, that deep pulsing bass was awesome, it was like a beacon!

Comment

Never been & would probably not be something I'd be 'into' as a rule but have a question for you 'regulars'.

BFF & I are taking her 13 yr old daughter. Would this be an appropriate place to take her or would she feel out of place there? We were thinking that it might be a fun place for us to go soon after it starts up for a hour or so. She's never been to a rock show/concert.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

It's funny but I still think that Mad T Party is the worst of the three versions that has been there. Maybe its my age but the vibe during Glowfest was that of FUN music and stage dancers who would lead the entire street in line dances and what I saw there was FAMILIES dancing together (some parents with drinks in their hands) or LITTLE kids dancing in circles while mom and dad stood to the side with a beer and a smile. Everyone of all ages seemed to be having a wonderful time. Fast forward to TRON and the idea was there, but a lot more entertainment thrown into it and a smaller footprint to the area... now we have the mad T party and its gone from great themed entertainment to Vegas style clubs and shows in one place and even smaller footprint than TRON... I still like the drinks, I still like that people get into it... I just don't like how the family aspect of it has disappeared in favor of drink sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                  Never been & would probably not be something I'd be 'into' as a rule but have a question for you 'regulars'.

BFF & I are taking her 13 yr old daughter. Would this be an appropriate place to take her or would she feel out of place there? We were thinking that it might be a fun place for us to go soon after it starts up for a hour or so. She's never been to a rock show/concert.
                  Actually it's probably perfect for her. It's pop or tame rock music with pretty outlandish costumes and a pretty cool night club kind of vibe.
                  Disneyland Cast Member
                  Outdoor Vending
                  1996 - 1999

Comment

Thanks! Sounds perfect for that age. Too old for the Princesses, too young for 'real' clubbing!
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

One word - HORRIBLE! -

I don't know if it was just the times that we were there or whatever, but everytime I have ever walked through that area or attended / stopped to watch (for a littel bit) the MTP - I was not impressed and found it extremely underwhelming. My 17 yerar old son liked to hang out in Electronica but has also found MTP to be a lack luster experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                        Thanks! Sounds perfect for that age. Too old for the Princesses, too young for 'real' clubbing!
                        Pretty much!
                        Disneyland Cast Member
                        Outdoor Vending
                        1996 - 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                          I like the idea, but Disney needs a seperate space for this kind of thing. It looks bad during the daytime.
                          I completely agree. Everything back there looks odd and out of place during the day. Hollywood Land needs help.

I ALSO agree that ElecTRONica was much better theme-wise, and a little less pandering than the "WHOAAAA wacky Alice in Wonderland!!!!"-theme Mad T Party has going, which I will admit feels really tacky a lot of the time. But it does lend itself to more "entertainment", like the band and the side-stage performers. Never caught GlowFest though from the pics in Yesterland it looked like a lot of fun!

I don't think Mad T Party has much longevity (even after two years it seems a little worn-out) but after giving it a chance, I definitely appreciate the appeal of the night-party. Also I'm addicted to the Mad T Party Long Island Iced Teas they sell. $11.50 or not that's my "must-do" for every evening in DCA!

Comment

I think it's out of place or just unnecessary altogether.

Comment

I'll admit my opinion may be biased because I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, and also was a candy raver in my younger years...and I like to drink cutesy alcoholic beverages, especially Alice themed like the croquetini, which is overpriced but delicious=).Needless to say the Mad T Party is like someone read my mind on a themed Disney party built for me=P, so I'm a big fan.

I've seen plenty of families of all ages there having fun, so clearly it's getting love. But I say if you don't like it, there's so much more to do! Like for me, Fantasmic is something I always skip because it's been around so long and I've seen it many times in the past that I just always want to go on rides instead. But I am a huge fan of World of Color and have to see it at least once on my trip. That's the beauty of such a wonderful place like Disneyland Resort, there can be something for everyone.
                              Go. Live your dream.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X