Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

front to fireworks, how do I do it

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • front to fireworks, how do I do it

    I want to see the fireworks, but more inportant I want to see the castle change colors. I do not want to be in the back north forty, I want to acually see this time. So how do I do it? I have never seen the castle up close, tink go down a rope, and or the castle change colors. I so want to this time. Please tell me where to sit, or stand or what ever and howsoon and where. thank you so much!!

    ok, and when to go to the front for fantasmic? I have watched this but never close enough to see good. I am always behind so many people and with my bad eyes I miss so much. I really want to get to see some of this this time around.

  • #2
    Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

    We did it every night we were there in December! It is doable.

    We waited for the parade to go by and foot traffic started to move. If you're facing the castle, we approached from the right side and stayed slightly to the right of center between the hub and the castle on the "street" about five feet in front of the curb. That way the "walkway" wouldn't be right in front of us or next to us (if they bother to put up ropes and have an official walkway, you don't want to be right next to it, the CMs have flashlights and talk/yell the entire time!).

    Many people sat in groups and waited for 35-45 minutes and then stood right before the show started. Other people stood while they waited. We sat each night while we waited, then stood to watch. I'm a stander...you can't see the castle if you don't, and for us, the castle was the main attraction. Also, if you're a little to the right, you get a clear view of the Matterhorn (there's this TREE that can be in your way if you're directly in front of the castle and you can't see the entire Matterhorn).

    Hope this helps! Wish I could put an X on a map for you!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

      fantasmic, you want to get seats by 4:30 if you want front and center. Remember that center for F! is not center of the Harbor Mill, but slightly to the left, past the nearest light post toward center. You will understand when you are there. As for Fireworks, I sat down inbetween the two most northern planters, past the partners statue, right before the normal sidewalk starts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

        Originally posted by wrs28220
        fantasmic, you want to get seats by 4:30 if you want front and center. Remember that center for F! is not center of the Harbor Mill, but slightly to the left, past the nearest light post toward center. You will understand when you are there. As for Fireworks, I sat down inbetween the two most northern planters, past the partners statue, right before the normal sidewalk starts.
        4:30 what time does it start? thatspretty early. can I put a nice blanket down and sit ? or do I have to wait til just before it starts? Can I go right up to the water and sit? oh I am excited but so dippy when it comes to what to do or where to sit.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

          Originally posted by stinkerbell
          We did it every night we were there in December! It is doable.

          We waited for the parade to go by and foot traffic started to move. If you're facing the castle, we approached from the right side and stayed slightly to the right of center between the hub and the castle on the "street" about five feet in front of the curb. That way the "walkway" wouldn't be right in front of us or next to us (if they bother to put up ropes and have an official walkway, you don't want to be right next to it, the CMs have flashlights and talk/yell the entire time!).

          Many people sat in groups and waited for 35-45 minutes and then stood right before the show started. Other people stood while they waited. We sat each night while we waited, then stood to watch. I'm a stander...you can't see the castle if you don't, and for us, the castle was the main attraction. Also, if you're a little to the right, you get a clear view of the Matterhorn (there's this TREE that can be in your way if you're directly in front of the castle and you can't see the entire Matterhorn).

          Hope this helps! Wish I could put an X on a map for you!!
          is this in the stret? can onesit in the street and wait?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

            Back north 40! You crack me up!!

            Yes ma'am, you just plant your beeehind in the street and wait!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

              Originally posted by NeverNeverland
              Back north 40! You crack me up!!

              Yes ma'am, you just plant your beeehind in the street and wait!
              really? wow and people walk around you ? I am going to do just that! now if you are lying to me and I look dumb for 2 hours and then they tell me to move I am going to come after you ( oh never mind you will be with and sitting right beside me LOrie beth hee hee he

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

                No, there will plenty of others with you! The CMs put up ropes and such to guide people away from the area.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

                  There was one grandma who was guarding 7 blankets against the black railing on the banks of the ROA, and she was pacing back and forth from 11:30am til finally we passed her around 3:30 and there were a few kids on the blanket playing with their nintendos. It is the same as any parade, people just walk around you, and don't pay much attention.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

                    If there are two showings of Fantasmic, it's much, much easier to get a good seat, without waiting hours, for the second showing. Just head over into Frontierland a little before the 1st show is ending. The CM's will keep you behind a rope until most of the 1st viewing people are gone. Once they let you go, walk very fast to the area in front of PoTC and you should get a good spot to sit with only a little wait.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

                      Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                      really? wow and people walk around you ? I am going to do just that! now if you are lying to me and I look dumb for 2 hours and then they tell me to move I am going to come after you ( oh never mind you will be with and sitting right beside me LOrie beth hee hee he
                      We are usually sitting in the street in front of the castle a good 2 hours before the show starts. You can see my son sitting in the street waiting in my avatar
                      <------ You will have people all around you waiting too. Stake out enough area to be comfy for the 2 hours, because 5 mins before the show starts another 100 will try to squeeze in!
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: front to fireworks, how do I do it

                        Originally posted by Malcon10t
                        because 5 mins before the show starts another 100 will try to squeeze in!
                        'Aint that the truth!!:bow:

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X