Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'll admit, I always wanted swivel stools in CircleVision, so I can understand the reluctance. However, I couldn't remember the other name for what I was thinking of as an alternative.

The other version I concocted was use of an Omnimax screen like Horizons had. The key is to present a film experience of the frontier that really envelops the audience. And yes, the idea of using some Odorama-type effects are always welcome, in addition to temperature, or the ability of the seats themselves to simulate the feel of riding on a buckboard...

The best advantage of CircleVision, of course, is that it's a fairly compact space in comparison. And would fit oh so well into the top of a Disney version of Devil's Tower
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter

The best advantage of CircleVision, of course, is that it's a fairly compact space in comparison. And would fit oh so well into the top of a Disney version of Devil's Tower
      Yes, but would Richard Dryfuss be available to build it
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
        Yes, but would Richard Dryfuss be available to build it
        Hehe... Not sure, but I can do a preliminary test with my Country Crock mashed potatoes.
        Last edited by ModHatter; 01-18-2005, 01:06 AM. Reason: Because I didn't like the possible implication of "potatgoes."
        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Since Shanghai Noon was a Disney movie (sort of - Touchstone pictures), why not have a Shanghai Noon/Shanghai Knights stunt show in Frontierland. I sort of have a connection to this movie - during the summers I work on the steam locomotive that was used in Shanghai Noon.

Comment

Thats a pretty good idea about a Jackie Chan stunt show, its a shame that all the good ideas on forums like these are never used...
            Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
            "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

Sounds familiar

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
              Hear, Hear!!!

ModHatter has got my vote for Ride Development Zsar

A Circle Vision Show featuring the Oregon Trail would be awesome....throw in some "smell" special effects ala Soarin and you could really enjoy the campfire with back bacon simmering over it.....and circling the wagons would never feel more real then on a circle vision screen
              This sounds like Mission to Mars as well as the new Stitch ride in WDW. :confused:
              Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by Orcatime
                This sounds like Mission to Mars as well as the new Stitch ride in WDW. :confused:
                No, it would be more like Wonders of China or O' Canada .....or even maybe Soarin............nothing like Mission to Mars/Stitch really.
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I would love any of the original Imagineer ideas they were able to create before the "shrinking budget" era came in. Seriously, there are so many awesome, not-just-a-coaster-or-kiddie-ride stuff they can do so much with. I am sick of all this blacklit-painted-wood or basic coaster crap. The parks were founded on originality, lets bring it back!

Duck!

Comment

I like the idea someone had above of a rapids ride...here's my ideas.

A davy crockett themed ride where you ride in a crude looking 'raft', but make it to where it is on a track ala Indy and have water seem to surround/splash, the raft. there would be some sort of person/figure in the front 'steering' us down a calm river when all of a sudden all sorts of crazy things start happening....rapids/indians/bears etc. it could be all indoor, maybe moving from a day scene to night...really dynamic so you wouldn't really know what to expect.

just my imagination

Comment

A Davy Crockett theme I like. I wouldnt mind a new flume type ride. I think something like a indy, matterhorn, and pirates type ride mix. But it has to be a NEW idea!

Comment

The Line Ride.

Comment

The line ride already exists... except it is seasonal and ends at a ticket booth or entrance to Space Mt.....

(Their is talk of a onride photo experance and adding a giftshope to it too...)

Comment

How about it is like Jungle cruise in the begining, then things get rough. And the CM "Driving" Bails Out!(Each CM would have 10 differant Uniforms that would be able to be dryed while the CM just went and put on another one)
                            So you are going down these rapids with no driver!(Or something like that.)
                            "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

Comment

I think it was Innerspaceman who once had an idea for a Sleeping beauty ride. I was a roller coaster, but not a roller coaster. There might be space issues but otherwise it had potential to be a truly great ride. Otherwise my vote goes for some sort of villain ride.

London BABY!!

Comment

Originally posted by winniepooh
                                I was a roller coaster, but not a roller coaster.
                                Is this some sort of enigma or something??

Comment

I love the idea of a ride where the driver bails. Similar to the interactive CM work that is done on Great Movie Ride at MGM. That would be great. They jump into the water and swim off, change clothes, and get on another raft to do it over again.
                                  I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Comment

^ Change clothes?!?!? Lol, the wardrobe department would be very busy with the washing load coming through from that one!

I think DL needs a new high tech show (having gotten rid of the CBJ for that unspeakable Misnomer of a ride!). I am on the fence for clones. I think a version of Mickey's Phillarmagic would be a welcome addition to Toontown - if room is an issue, perhaps knock down the Snow White Theatre and somehow build the entrance through on the other side?

For Frontierland, build a horse drawn cart style thrill ride ala Indy / ala Pirates / ala Mansion but with a creepy ghost town appeal featuring chilling FX to compliment the fast paced thrills (ala Alien Encounter) WoW! That might just work - combining the elements of Disney's BEST attractions to come up with something that's totally immersive and unique.

Tomorrowland - work on a "Mission Space" type of ride system to replace innoventions & re visit the "Rocket Rods" idea only done with a proper budget and improvement on the Journey to the centre of the earth / Test Track Technology. A Treasure planet Dark Ride using Peter Pan style over head track would be cool too perhaps?!?!

Now that's 3 "E" tickets & 2 "D's". Old Mikey Eisner would have a heart attack from the bill of that lot, lol
                                    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_D

For Frontierland, build a horse drawn cart style thrill ride ala Indy / ala Pirates / ala Mansion but with a creepy ghost town appeal featuring chilling FX to compliment the fast paced thrills (ala Alien Encounter) WoW! That might just work - combining the elements of Disney's BEST attractions to come up with something that's totally immersive and unique.
                                      Good luck figuring that one out. The biggest challenge to that is try not to be like KFB.

Tomorrowland - work on a "Mission Space" type of ride system to replace innoventions & re visit the "Rocket Rods" idea only done with a proper budget and improvement on the Journey to the centre of the earth / Test Track Technology. A Treasure planet Dark Ride using Peter Pan style over head track would be cool too perhaps?!?!
                                      I don't entirely agree with this because if I remember correctly the movie was a Disney flop.
                                      Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by Orcatime

I don't entirely agree with this because if I remember correctly the movie was a Disney flop.

How big of a hit was Third Man on the Mountain? Granted, I wasn't even born until well after the movie was out, but I never even heard of it until I read somewhere that the movie had a part in inspiring Walt to build the Matterhorn Bobsleds. I don't think the success of the movie would have to be a factor in the quality of the ride (Atlantis sub ride, anyone?).

If it were, what chance do we have of getting a truly original ride that is not based on some book/movie/TV show/character?
                                        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                                        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

When all of the "E" ticket attractions are gone, then the "D" ticket rides that are left will be the big deal. See? They can solve the need through attrition. Why bother putting in new thrills when you can just keep lowering the bar?
                                          "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X