X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr D
    replied
    Thats a pretty good idea about a Jackie Chan stunt show, its a shame that all the good ideas on forums like these are never used...

Leave a comment:

• Barbossa
    replied
    Since Shanghai Noon was a Disney movie (sort of - Touchstone pictures), why not have a Shanghai Noon/Shanghai Knights stunt show in Frontierland. I sort of have a connection to this movie - during the summers I work on the steam locomotive that was used in Shanghai Noon.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Yes, but would Richard Dryfuss be available to build it
    Hehe... Not sure, but I can do a preliminary test with my Country Crock mashed potatoes.
    Last edited by ModHatter; 01-18-2005, 01:06 AM. Reason: Because I didn't like the possible implication of "potatgoes."

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied
    Originally posted by ModHatter

The best advantage of CircleVision, of course, is that it's a fairly compact space in comparison. And would fit oh so well into the top of a Disney version of Devil's Tower
    Yes, but would Richard Dryfuss be available to build it

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Okay, I'll admit, I always wanted swivel stools in CircleVision, so I can understand the reluctance. However, I couldn't remember the other name for what I was thinking of as an alternative.

The other version I concocted was use of an Omnimax screen like Horizons had. The key is to present a film experience of the frontier that really envelops the audience. And yes, the idea of using some Odorama-type effects are always welcome, in addition to temperature, or the ability of the seats themselves to simulate the feel of riding on a buckboard...

The best advantage of CircleVision, of course, is that it's a fairly compact space in comparison. And would fit oh so well into the top of a Disney version of Devil's Tower

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied
    No more circlevision. I hate standing up while getting dizzy. Going to World Showcase at Epcot reminded me why I don't miss Circlevision. Usually a little boring. Unless it is raining or too hot out. Then circlevision was great. :devil:

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied
    Originally posted by ModHatter
    Well, aside from the No Clones rule, I'm voting for No More Coasters. Or at least no more bare-theme coasters like Space and RnRC.

I'm a big fan of the multi-level expansion concept, and with this project, you could have the first level or two for facilities, another level with a CircleVision show featuring the Grand Canyon or the Oregon Trail. Then have a Nature's Wonderland-type ride that simulates a mule team ride up the mountain, using switchbacks and caves to keep the guests always facing inside the park.
    Hear, Hear!!!

ModHatter has got my vote for Ride Development Zsar

A Circle Vision Show featuring the Oregon Trail would be awesome....throw in some "smell" special effects ala Soarin and you could really enjoy the campfire with back bacon simmering over it.....and circling the wagons would never feel more real then on a circle vision screen

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Well, aside from the No Clones rule, I'm voting for No More Coasters. Or at least no more bare-theme coasters like Space and RnRC.

You know, I've heard a lot of people argue against building beyond the berm again around RoA that there are facilities buildings, blah blah blah. But, even if these can't be moved, couldn't an attraction be built OVER them? Seems workable enough... In fact, the added height of a new attraction back there could be used to create a new berm, allowing for all that Frontierland expansion people keep talking about. It doesn't have to be WRE/Thunder Mesa, but the concept is sound as the pound. I'm a big fan of the multi-level expansion concept, and with this project, you could have the first level or two for facilities, another level with a CircleVision show featuring the Grand Canyon or the Oregon Trail. Then have a Nature's Wonderland-type ride that simulates a mule team ride up the mountain, using switchbacks and caves to keep the guests always facing inside the park.

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    I would love to see a thrilling escape from Maleficent's dungeon, through a forest of thorns and past a fire-breathing dragon - - Spider-Man style ride through.

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied
    Western River was the "Pirates" for WDW. I don't know that Disneyland needs another boat/flume animatronic ride. Although, I'd love to see Gyser Mountain or Villian Mountain. Or something really new and different.

Leave a comment:

• swagdaddy
    replied
    A big, brand new, non-clone, original and inventive e-ticket is what Disneyland needs badly! It's the only thing that will get people back in the gate like in the old days.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Lindstrom
    replied
    C'mon people, you GOT your big E Ticket attraction.

The world's largest (and most inconvenient) parking structure.

And it was personally designed by the great Michael Eisner, himself.

It just doesn't get much better than that. THAT'S Disney Magic in the 21st Centureeeee.

Leave a comment:

• WDWHound
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Monorail
    Well, IF they are going to do something in Frontierland, I think it should be nothing less than the mother of all E tickets rides, Western River Expedition!
    My thoughts exactly. Its been so long since they built a ride like this and everything I've read indicates that this was Mark Davis' best work. I know it would be expensive, but I cant help but think they would have an instant hit on their hands if they would just get off the dime and build it.

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    I really think that Disneyland needs something big ... I really hope it is something that will be for us older kiddies ... Pooh's Hunny Hunt just doesn't create that funny feeling in my tummy!

Leave a comment:

• PirateMunkee
    replied
    Originally posted by MAGIC KINGDOM
    I would just be so happy if they would just keep the rides they had in good shape and running we dont need more a mess near toontown or a new pooh ride ??(please) leave the park alone and just keep it original. IM STILL MIFFED AT THE TAKIN OUT OF SKULL ROCK AND THE PIRATE SHIP..dont get me started on Tomorowland..save the E tickets for DCA they need it.
    I remember Skull Rock and the Pirate Ship as my days as a tyke. I would love to see them back. As for e-ticket rides in DCA.....Rock in Roll Coaster in the Hollywood Backlot 'nuff said!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Monorail
    replied
    Well, IF they are going to do something in Frontierland, I think it should be nothing less than the mother of all E tickets rides, Western River Expedition!

Leave a comment:

• MAGIC KINGDOM
    replied
    big rides??

I would just be so happy if they would just keep the rides they had in good shape and running we dont need more a mess near toontown or a new pooh ride ??(please) leave the park alone and just keep it original. IM STILL MIFFED AT THE TAKIN OUT OF SKULL ROCK AND THE PIRATE SHIP..dont get me started on Tomorowland..save the E tickets for DCA they need it.

Leave a comment:

• riding_big_thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneychica04
    i have heard that they are thinking about expanding Frontierland and putting in two major E Ticket attractions. i dont know where they will put them but thats just what i have heard.
    That would be really cool, it would be great to see some great, original attractions. No clones!

Leave a comment:

• Mr D
    replied
    I took a coffee break and was looking at one of my paperbook books of sci-fi alternate history books and it just dawned on me....

What if guests went back in time, a "guest" or a performer went out upon the stage of say a prehistoric era and accidentally kicked a rock, or left something behind, a cell phone or something from the present, or to be a bit more up say we were all visiting Da Vincis workshop and the same happened. Technology from now presented 300 years ago.....

You know, "the something goes wrong" in the show, then we visit the present and world history has changed completely OR....we come up a hundred years or so, early 19th century and computers are common with steam cars, zeppelins travel the globe, get the picture?

Or a really really funny view of what could happen...like dinosaurs evolve instead into warm blooded mammals? dogs and cats never evolve and we look at other kind of pets...ducks?

Leave a comment:

• Mr D
    replied
    The imagineers could consider a combination walk/ride show similar to "The Mummy" but instead it would be like the 1960's TV show The Time Tunnel

Period shows of historical events from anything like watching the Hindenburg explode to being on the deck of the rapidly sinking Titanic to being in Pompei during the massive eruption of Mt Aetna, etc. Of course the shows can change seasonally, monthly or yearly. Or have say 3 different tunnels, past present and future, get the picture?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X