Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confession: as a child I was deathly afraid of...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession: as a child I was deathly afraid of...

Adventures Thru Inner Space... I used to really think I was about to be shrunken and it totally freaked me out. I also remember refusing to go on Haunted Mansion cuz I was scared of that too. Wow, I was a sissy rugrat!

Haunted Mansion. I LOVE it now, but I wouldn't ride it until I was at least 12 years old. I don't know what I expected, but I was terrified.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

My wife still laughs at me to this day. I was deathly afraid of going on Snow White. I remember still to this day the terror that I felt on it at about 4 or 5 years old and did not go on it again untill I went to Grad night. Even to this day at 36 years old I still get butterflys when we go on it.

Comment

I have a memory of me clinging on to the bars near the front of the haunted mansion yelling, "no no no no" because I was too afraid to go on. This was last year when I was six or so.
        Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
        I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
        ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

Captain EO. It was the only thing I have really been afraid of and ever have been at the parks. (TOT doesn't count because I will still go on it once per trip). I was a smart kid to be afraid of that now wasn't I? It's crazy to think about that being the only thing. I mean, I was on the log flume at Knott's at 3 mo. old and Space Mountain by the time I was 2!

Comment

When I was 8 years old (My 1st trip to DL), I thought that the AA's inside The Pirates of the Caribbean were real

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Minion
              When I was 8 years old (My 1st trip to DL), I thought that the AA's inside The Pirates of the Caribbean were real
              So did I! I also thought the skull was HUGE.
              Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
              I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
              ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

^That talking skull and the first drop on POTC always freaked me out. In the Haunted Mansion, there was a combination of things that scared me: the stretching room, the attic, and the floating candle stick.

There was also the Matterhorn, that first dark cave always had a way of scaring me.

However, from all these things, I though Space Mountain was TERRIFYING. I never wanted to ride it. At first it was the fact that I actually thought I was in space, and the second phase was the "getting your hands chopped off rumor."
                "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

wow.. i lucked out.. I never been scared to go on anything except rollercoasters untill i was 12 and got bet $50.... Strange thing.. I still havn't got that cash.... but i have earned it....

I think ATIS would have scared me if it was at WDW..... But that would be it...

Comment

Adventure Through Innerspace scared me when I was younger as well. I loved going on it, but the shrinking in the microscope scared me. I also got freaked out by the big eye looking at you through the microscope towards the end.

Comment

The Matterhorn ... especially at night ...

Pirates, Mansion, InnerSpace never scared me in the least. Go figure.

Comment

It was the Sea Serpant at the end of the Submarine Voyage that got me, and my sister! I think the reason why I take showers instead of baths can be blamed on the Sea Serpant's googly eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
                          Haunted Mansion. I LOVE it now, but I wouldn't ride it until I was at least 12 years old. I don't know what I expected, but I was terrified.

Same here. I was afraid of anything remotely dealing with ghosts and goblins, and for me to go into a HAUNTED Mansion? Forget about it! "But it's a fun ride, it's not scary" chimed my father. Uh, HELLO! Then why isn't it called the FUN Mansion? It's called the HAUNTED Mansion for a reason. I ain't falling for that story

Comment

When my parents dragged me onto Pirates for the first time, I freaked the hell out. I even have faint memories of this. I peed my pants while sitting on Mom's lap as we drifted past the Blue Bayou. Oh, she loves telling me this story....again and again. I can only imagine what the others in line thought of me.

I think I was about 17.

Okay, I think i was about 4.
                            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

When I was kindergarten, I bit my tounge so hard on POTC that it bled profusely on the first drop.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X