Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

MORE positivity! Things that make me happy at Disneyland!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] MORE positivity! Things that make me happy at Disneyland!

Alright, I am one of the offenders on here who complain about the "first world problems" at Disneyland (and, well....society in our great U.S.A.) lately. I am also one of the healthy or not so healthy debaters on hot topic issues and heated discussions on these forums. It's probably because I used to be the good little girl who never stood up for things and allowed other people to overpower me. :shy: I guess I'm making up for it now that I'm older and more bitter. :blush:

With that said, I'm bringing back the positivity. Who's with me?

What brings a big smile to my face and what makes my heart skip a beat regarding Disneyland:

The sheer excitement in planning my next trip...
    Seeing Cinderella and hopefully meeting her after 36 years of obsession...
    Walking through the esplanade, then the ticket turn styles, then under the railroad bridge through Main Street and hearing the music and announcements...
    Eating junk food....
    Walking through the castle.....
    Floating by the Polynesian dancers in IASW....
    Walking under the Adventureland sign and into my favorite land...

Your turn!

Re: MORE positivity! Things that make me happy at Disneyland!

Cast members talk to me like I matter.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Just walking down Main Street. I love that whole part of the park, especially when it's after midnight and there's next to no one in the park and it's all lit up... Simply breathtaking. Even more so when it's all dolled up for Christmas season. :')

Eating a Dole Whip float.

Hanging out under the magnolia trees in New Orleans Square and people watching.

Walking through the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.

The watching the fireworks from the top of Big Thunder, or from the top of the queue at Space Mountain.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
      ???

Comment

Here's 14:

1. The ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion.

2. Being stopped in front of the first of 2 Zurgs with his hidden target. (This happened once and I
        scored over a million.)

3. Soarin'.

4. The scenic outdoor parts of Radiator Springs Racers.

5. The Napa Rose chef's table. (The one time I experienced that.)

6. The Mickey & Friends parking structure. (I'm apparently one of its few fans.)

7. Hearing Christmas carolers in the lobby of the Grand Californian.

8. Informing a cast member on the Nemo subs who was a decade older than me, "Son, I used to work on this ride 25 years ago." He wasn't the slightest bit offended and responded like a kid meeting his hero ("Really?!") and asked me what it was like.

9. Just being with my daughter at Disneyland. (My wife gets the day off.)

10. Having trippy dreams of Disneyland where things are often interestingly different than the real thing.

11. DCA's Aladdin with great Genies and/or Jafars.

12. Dumbo (There goes my street cred.)

13. Going whole days without hearing anyone swear, and having helpful teens help us with our stroller when they weren't even asked to.

14. sunset almost anywhere in the parks. Oh, and night time almost anywhere in the parks. And daytime too!
        Last edited by jcruise86; 04-26-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

That magic moment; the first entry on the first park day of my trip. That feeling of 'I'm really here!'.

What sbk said-being treated like someone special by CMs.

The way my problems and worries just seem to melt away, just for those few days.
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Walking under the berm and the feeling of just being there.
            Originally posted by migo
            I poop with joy!
            Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

The whole experience of being there. I enjoy every minute of it. I have never had a bad time at dlr it's my escape from everyday life.
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

Ok
                1. the smell of churro/popcorn by the Haunted Mansion and Star Tours (best smell in the world)
                2. the sound of thunder heard outside the Haunted Mansion giving an ominous foreshadowing of things to come
                3. the train noises of Big Thunder Mountain
                4. the Pepper's ghost effect
                5. the smell of water inside the entry room of Pirates
                6. the music of Tarzan's treehouse in line for Pirates
                7. getting a high score on Astro Blasters
                8. the sound of the Autopia cars
                9. the howl of the yeti
                10. whistle of the Mark Twain
                11. rattling of the queue chains
                13. Fantasmic in general
                14. the com chat of Space Mountain
                15. going down the final drop of Splash Mountain
                16. music of the Mad Tea Party
                17. the jazz bands in Magnolia Park by the Haunted Mansion
                18. music of Tomorrowland
                19. star shaped rice krispie treats from Pizza Port
                20. everything else I may have left out

Comment

Just being at the park fills me with happiness! It's this sort of pleasant content feeling that I can't achieve any other way.
                  I LOVE eating at the park. Veggie Gumbo, pineapple spears, Dolewhip, churros, raspberry Coca Cola, pickles!
                  I love wearing my ears!
                  I love collecting pins of my favorite characters!
                  I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Haunted Mansion!
                  I love Cast Members, at the park or away from the park!
                  I love when Cast Members compliment my tattoos!
                  I love Disneyland!

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                  15. going down the final drop of Splash Mountain
                  The second drop always gets me! :-)
                  Your friend and mine,
                  The Mouse Macabre

Comment

I forgot to add
                    21. the humming of the Tom Sawyer rafts and Jungle Cruise boats

Comment

Originally posted by IndyChick View Post
                      Just walking down Main Street. I love that whole part of the park, especially when it's after midnight and there's next to no one in the park and it's all lit up... Simply breathtaking. Even more so when it's all dolled up for Christmas season. :')

Eating a Dole Whip float.

Hanging out under the magnolia trees in New Orleans Square and people watching.

Walking through the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.

The watching the fireworks from the top of Big Thunder, or from the top of the queue at Space Mountain.
                      I have a photo on the wall over my computer of me posing on the Court of Angels steps back in the early 90s. R.I.P.

Comment

The feeling inside you that screams" I am here!!!!!!!!!"
                        No tics or obsessions the whole trip
                        Watching little chidlren squeel with glee
                        Hearing the Thunder crash inside the HM
                        Getting your best score ever on Buzz Lightyear
                        Watching the fireworks and all the people watching them with you
                        Having DL dreams at your hotel
                        Humming DL songs
                        Eating you first Dole Whip ever and loving it
                        Walking down Main Street
                        Hearing the sound of you ticket sliding through the machine
                        SO MUCH MORE!!!!

Comment

It would be hard to list...
                          Sometimes I just walk around...
                          transported and transformed

I want to suggest though, I think complaining is getting a bad rap
                          if the issues are actual...
                          nothing is improved when people don't want to look bad by complaining, so they let something that is not beneficial, or is actually a problem go on.... there is kind of a "the ferry isn't sinking" aspect to that
                          it seems weird when something is a problem but people are more concerned about being negative and they they try to be positive...
                          mixed in with both of them is what is really taking place

Comment

For me, my favorites are seeing the Matterhorn from the freeway on my way to the parks. (This is a childhood memory, but I still feel the same about the Matterhorn.)

The sound of the yeti.

The whale at the beginning of Storybookland.

Dolewhip (which I know where to get outside of the park... over in Tustin.)

Castmembers. They are always nice to me and I feel a kinship having been one long ago. I also try to be helpful when I'm at the parks just as a guest.

Had Christmas party lunch at Club 33 4 years ago or so. The food was wonderful, and riding in my work clothes was a very unique feeling. I did bring better shoes for walking the parks.

Which naturally leads me to the beautiful landscaping of the parks. During Christmas, but really year-round. They do great work during the closed hours to make the parks so awesome both with the landscaping, but also general upkeep. I know that there are a couple of spots, but overall, its very well kept for how many people come through the gates.

Children having the best time ever.

The corny and sometimes off color jokes on the canoes (at least when I worked them) and the Jungle Cruise.

The Mickey & Friends lot. I join you in the love.

Riding the Monorail over to SM after walking from M&F and just instantly being in the park.

Watching the fireworks from the yard of my house. My dog disagrees with me on this.

The old parking lot signs (Pinocchio, etc.) that I see when I walk from M&F to the monorail.

Teacups.

People having the times of their lives. I saw a guy ask his girlfriend to marry him on front of the river as I was working the canoes. The whole canoe clapped so hard when they hugged. It was so beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post

nothing is improved when people don't want to look bad by complaining, so they let something that is not beneficial, or is actually a problem go on.... there is kind of a "the ferry isn't sinking" aspect to that
                              it seems weird when something is a problem but people are more concerned about being negative and they they try to be positive...
                              Oh, I completely agree with you. Bad things won't be changed if we don't voice our concerns and opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post

Gwen, I hope you don't mind, :beg: I posted this on a thread I started on the Walt Disney World section, where I asked for photographic proof of Kevin Yee's claim that WDW is in decline.
                                Last edited by jcruise86; 04-27-2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stormy View Post
                                    that magic moment; the first entry on the first park day of my trip. That feeling of 'i'm really here!'.

What sbk said-being treated like someone special by cms.

The way my problems and worries just seem to melt away, just for those few days.
                                    ^^^ agreed

Comment

*Actually interacting with characters. Every now and then, I get an experience where they're like, "Hi. Nice to meet you. Let's take a picture. Ok bye!"
                                      * The different shows (Soundsational, World of Color, Mickey and the Magical Map, etc.)
                                      *Getting a great CM at TOT, Jungle Cruise, and Storybookland.
                                      *The scores on many of the attractions, specifically Space Mountain and RSR.
                                      The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
                                      sigpic

Comment

Saturday nights when Melanie Collins performs with Side Street Strutter and Eugene Edwards is back with Scot Bruce and "Tribute to Elvis." Last night was just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                        X