This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Doc McStuffins Meet and Greet coming May 5 to Hollywood Land

Starting on May 5 through the end of July, Doc McStuffins will be making appearances at Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure near the Disney Junior Live on Stage.

The Doc is In! Doc McStuffins Visits Disney California Adventure Park Starting May 5 « Disney Parks Blog

Re: Doc McStuffins Meet and Greet coming May 5 to Hollywood Land

Yeah I don't get this at all... too much Disney Junior going on for me. They already have Jake the Pirate and Sophia the first.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
    *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

Originally posted by the702senior09 View Post
      Yeah I don't get this at all... too much Disney Junior going on for me. They already have Jake the Pirate and Sophia the first.
      Um because the kids love Doc McStuffins and all the Disney Jr created characters. I know my daughter loves the show and the characters and can't wait until she will be able to take her picture with Doc.

Comment

Handy Manny, Jake, Sofia,now Doc Mcstuffins

with 4 or 5 characters in the Disney Jr. area ,its actually nice for the very younger generations to actually see more of the characters they are familiar with
        My Art site
        http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Is it really only until July? My son would love to meet Doc but we'll be there in Sept. I'm sure we'll run into her eventually. Either way, this makes me happy. It makes sense to have the Disney Jr. characters near the show for the little ones to enjoy.

Comment

That argument could stretch to, "They already have Snow White and Cinderella, why do they need Belle, Aurora and Jasmine?" Or "They have Minnie and Mickey, why do they need Donald, Daisy and Goofy?" When it comes to characters, I say the more the better. They aren't taking anything away from the rest of the park and it gives the youngest kids the characters they are growing up with.
            sigpic
            “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
            but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
            ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

I really do think this is great and any opportunity for kids to meet their "friends" from television is wonderful.

But... Oswald? Bueller? Hopefully Oswald is in the pipeline. If they can keep cranking these Disney Junior characters out, I have no doubt they can duplicate the Oswald costume from Tokyo. And man, that'll be a great day!
              I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
              I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
              Famous last words.

Comment

Doc McStuffins is the sort of character I wish Disney would have more often. A little girl character who does NOT want to be a princess, but likes science and wants to be a doctor like her mom? Yes, please. I'm glad they're doing a M&G with her and it makes me glad to hear that there are kids who will be eager to meet her!
                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Nice but sucks I'm not going to the parks til the fall and not a fan of DCA

Comment

I think Doc McStuffins received some sort of award recently, so it makes sense to add her to the line up of Playhouse Disney, meet and greet characters. And don't forget, Sophia, Jake, and Handy Manny weren't the 1st of the Playhouse Disney meet and greet characters - they used to have Rolie. Polie, Olie, Stanley, Little Einsteins, Jojo, all as meet and greet. Bear in the Big Blue House was a full size character in the Playhouse Live show, but not sure if he was ever a meet and greet character outside of the show area.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I'm like whatever on these shows (I'm not a parent or baby-sitter so meh) but they seem to be really loved characters and largely well received. Plus, I love the fact that they are all from different backgrounds and such! I think that's one of the most prominent and positive aspects about the newer Disney Jr. so I say go ahead and bring Doc McStuffins in

Comment

Originally posted by Attic Haunt View Post
                        That argument could stretch to, "They already have Snow White and Cinderella, why do they need Belle, Aurora and Jasmine?" Or "They have Minnie and Mickey, why do they need Donald, Daisy and Goofy?" When it comes to characters, I say the more the better. They aren't taking anything away from the rest of the park and it gives the youngest kids the characters they are growing up with.
                        Nope, that's absoultely not the same. All of the characters you're speaking of are classic characters that have been around for decades. And CMs used for one of these characters are CMs that can't be used for classic characters.

Plus, a lot of kids are creeped out by the fur characters, it's too bad there's no realistic way to make them live. I took my five year old brother to meet Jake and he was like "Sissy he's weird" cause it's a frozen face with no talking and huge proportions.
                        2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
                        *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
                        *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

Nope, that's absoultely not the same. All of the characters you're speaking of are classic characters that have been around for decades.
                          So we shouldn't have these Disney Jr. charters in the park(s) now but it will be all right in a few decades? And by your argument, Elsa and Anna shouldn't be in the park, either.

Plus, a lot of kids are creeped out by the fur characters, it's too bad there's no realistic way to make them live. I took my five year old brother to meet Jake and he was like "Sissy he's weird" cause it's a frozen face with no talking and huge proportions.
                          Here I agree with you. Alice and Wendy are also child characters who are played by very youthful-looking CMs. I'd much rather see the Disney Jr. characters as face characters.
                          sigpic
                          “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
                          but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
                          ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Part of the charm of Disney Junior is that they are often making changes to the lineup. There wouldn't be a point in having Disney Junior at DCA if they showcased only old shows.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X