This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Olaf's Snow Ball

So I heard this week that the line for Elsa and Anna had gotten up to five hours, this got me thinking on how the wait time could be shortened. The last couple of summers Dancing with Disney has occupied stage 17 and while it was a place to cool off it seemed like a bad use of the space. My idea is to turn that into Olaf's Snow Ball, which would be the same basic premise of DWD just with a wintery Frozen theme and a Elsa/Anna meet and greet. This would disperse the Frozen fanatics into two parks which would hopefully reduce wait times to meet them. They could still have other characters come to dance as if they were coming to visit Anna and Elsa in their castle, it could "snow" throughout the day, they could do sing alongs, etc. What are your thoughts?

Re: Olaf's Snow Ball

I'd love that idea...as would my 2 year old niece! She'd be in character heaven! Do you know if they plan to do DWD again?
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

So, I worked a handful of Dancing with Disney shifts last summer and judging by the numbers we had to track(Fire Marshall's orders), it seems very unlikely that it will come back. Then again, the Captain Eo Tribute was supposed to temporary and hasn't gone away yet in spite of their abysmal numbers.

Ana and Elsa wouldn't be the best choice for Dancing with Disney since the concept behind Dancing with Disney was the characters were only supposed to stop dancing for split second photos. In reality this wasn't enforced too well since Dancing with Disney wasn't that popular.

I actually think Dancing with Disney could pull in way more numbers if they shrank the size of the character sets by 1-2 characters, enabling 3 different sets of characters instead of just 2. The 3rd set would mean the tacky transition time in between character sets would be five minutes or less instead of the 10-20 it was last summer. Surprise, surprise, our lowest counts just so happened to be during that tacky transition period when there were no characters out.(The Justin Beiber music video may have also driven guests away.)

Comment

Elsa and Anna wouldn't go out to dance, they'd just do a meet and greet. The dancing would be a way to entertain people while waiting to meet them.

Side note, I'm sure DWD could pull in better numbers if you could meet the characters as well. They really could use that space kind of like they do at Big Thunder Ranch for seasonal stuff.

Comment

I was thinking that Disneyland needs to have a second meet and greet for Anna and Elsa. I have yet to meet them because the line is always way too long. They're both at the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT and at the Magic Kingdom over at Disney World now. I don't think Disney ever planned on Frozen to be as big as a sensation as it has become. Stage 17 in DCA would be a great location for that. But what if they themed the dance party to a royal ball. Perhaps a continuation of the one seen in the film.

Comment

Originally posted by film975 View Post
            I was thinking that Disneyland needs to have a second meet and greet for Anna and Elsa. I have yet to meet them because the line is always way too long. They're both at the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT and at the Magic Kingdom over at Disney World now. I don't think Disney ever planned on Frozen to be as big as a sensation as it has become. Stage 17 in DCA would be a great location for that. But what if they themed the dance party to a royal ball. Perhaps a continuation of the one seen in the film.
            They actually aren't in both locations, they moved from Norway to MK. They just moved locations, they didn't add one, unfortunately, as they could use it both in WDW and DLR. At DLR today, on a relatively uncrowded day, the line was 4 hours by 1130 (with a 10am opening) and was even longer by noon when we left FL. Oh, and it was 95 degrees with minimal shade throughout that line...yikes!
            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

So, I had an evil-ish idea for a Frozen Meet-and-Greet in Stage 17. Dancing with Disney had screens on the far end that probably haven't been thrown out yet. The regular soundtrack for Frozen is about an hour while the deluxe edition is two hours. Get a bunch of tech-savy Millenial interns to put together of loop of Frozen clips that sync with each track. With the money-saved on the queue entertainment/soundtrack promotion, they can re-create Elsa's ice castle for the Meet-and-Greet. If there's money left over they can rotate 15 different ice sculptures that "Elsa made" throughout the day.(The rotation helps minimize loss, although the AC in Stage 17 is pretty good. Sven and Kristoff could also haul in the sculptures if there's the budget.) I'd experiment at first with an Elsa-exclusive Meet and Greet and only add Ana based on feedback.

The Muppets merchandise cart now gets devoted to Frozen merchandise but also pure profit items like the soundtrack, DVD, and Blu-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdycm View Post
                So, I had an evil-ish idea for a Frozen Meet-and-Greet in Stage 17. Dancing with Disney had screens on the far end that probably haven't been thrown out yet. The regular soundtrack for Frozen is about an hour while the deluxe edition is two hours. Get a bunch of tech-savy Millenial interns to put together of loop of Frozen clips that sync with each track. With the money-saved on the queue entertainment/soundtrack promotion, they can re-create Elsa's ice castle for the Meet-and-Greet. If there's money left over they can rotate 15 different ice sculptures that "Elsa made" throughout the day.(The rotation helps minimize loss, although the AC in Stage 17 is pretty good. Sven and Kristoff could also haul in the sculptures if there's the budget.) I'd experiment at first with an Elsa-exclusive Meet and Greet and only add Ana based on feedback.

The Muppets merchandise cart now gets devoted to Frozen merchandise but also pure profit items like the soundtrack, DVD, and Blu-Ray.
                I think this seems like a great idea, and it would draw some attention to that back corner of Hollywood land, that tends to be pretty deserted. That area during the day could easily handle a 4 hour wait, but I still think that it is ridiculous that Disney is okay with 4 hour waits for a Meet-N-Greet. May I remind Disney that there are FOUR friends of Mickey greeting in Toontown alone, not to mention any additional Mickey's that are out, Big Thunder Ranch, Main Street, etc... Same with Princesses like Cinderella, and Ariel, pulling triple duty in the Princess Fantasy Hall, On main street, and at Ariel's grotto. I Still cannot comprehend why they would not cut some of the spare sets of these other people who arent pulling giant lines because of Anna and Elsa, in favor of more sets of Anna and Elsa, or at least extended hours!

~Hatter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X