This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a RUMOR

Ok so I've got a friend who was just hired to work POTC back in December. He told me that he heard the Remember Dream Come True Fireworks would continue to run for five years and there wouldn't be any Christmas fireworks during that time. Just wondering, has anyone else heard this? I seriously doubt it, but maybe that's just me hoping to see Christmas fireworks this year.

I love these fireworks but I'm not too keen on losing the Christmas ones until 2010.

Re: Question about a RUMOR

Well, there was no Christmas-themed fireworks this last holiday... so who knows at this point. "Remember... Dreams Come True" is so popular that who knows now.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Remember is worth the price of admission alone, so I hope they keep it.

Comment

Well, the 50th events are scheduled to end in October. So, I have a hard time believing that the fireworks would go on for another 5 years, since they are tied in so directly to the 50th. "50 years ago" They could get Julie Andrews to do another voice over, but I think by the end of the celebration it will be time for this fireworks show to end as well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

I hope this rumor is TRUE- because while I am trying to get out there in July we may have to postpone to December and I want my kids to see Remember!

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte
            Remember is worth the price of admission alone, so I hope they keep it.
            Ditto. It's the one main reason I go. I'll do one maybe two rides but at 8 o'clock I got to get my spot in near the front of the castle and watch it. It may be only 17 minutes or so but it's sooooo worth the 1.5 hrs of just sitting around (in the cold--recently!).

The holiday fireworks are so-so IMO. The only thing I ever liked about it was the snow effect after, and they did that after the end of Remember... during the holiday season.
            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I really hope they stay longer than October! I have been hoping for that all along. On my trip in December we stayed at the resort for two days and it weren't able to see it either day. I cried I was so disappointed. It would be great if I get a chance! :beg:
              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

It's possible, but experience at this message board tells me that front-line CMs don't know anything, are told stuff that isn't true, or they make stuff up themselves to mess with people who try to mess with the "show."

Couldn't care less myself about what fireworks show will be going on. I don't see why it would be or should be changed. It's important to get AP'ers tired of it, so paying guests can have a good look at it. I've seen it once, and that was enough for me.

Comment

the longer the fireworks go the better! it's the BEST show/fireworks display ive ever seen in my life and ill be so sad when its gone, so Im trying to absorb it as much as possible while its still here!

-Lauryn

Comment

They could keep it if they just changed the opening narration. But 5 years is a long time.. how long do fireworks shows normally run?

Comment

I would think the show may run for another year but BUT scaled down after the 50th anniversary is done. Didn't they say it cost them a bunch of moola everytime they do the show. Wasn't the plan before to do the fireworks everyday for the 50th. Im guessing that got scrpapped mainly becuause of the air quality stuff and neighbors but some may be due to the expense of each show. 5 years is too long for a fireworks show. It would get old after 2-3 yrs max.
                      We rock the party that rocks the party!
                      We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Heard $80,000 per showing.....
                        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I have heard the Parade of Dreams will sticke around for awhile (though it might get modified), but the Fireworks are over as of October 1st.

They want to come up with a new show that will de-centify the show, so don't expect the castle to have ANYTHING to do with the show after October 1st. Expect to see a lot of the same shells, and launch areas.

But a new soundtrack, a show closer to 10 minutes longer, instead of the current 18, and that the vast majority of shells will be fired from behind Toontown, to allow viewing from anywhere in the park.

The Crowd Control folks will be VERY happy after 10/1/06.
                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

and with that note- I will work even harder to get there in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                              I have heard the Parade of Dreams will sticke around for awhile (though it might get modified), but the Fireworks are over as of October 1st.

They want to come up with a new show that will de-centify the show, so don't expect the castle to have ANYTHING to do with the show after October 1st. Expect to see a lot of the same shells, and launch areas.

But a new soundtrack, a show closer to 10 minutes longer, instead of the current 18, and that the vast majority of shells will be fired from behind Toontown, to allow viewing from anywhere in the park.

The Crowd Control folks will be VERY happy after 10/1/06.
                              I hope you're right because that would make me really happy!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X