Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Favorite Tomorrowland Terrace Band?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Favorite Tomorrowland Terrace Band?

I know some people don't like the Tomorrowland Terrace bands but I'm just wondering for those who do like the bands which ones are the favorites out there. Personally for me Suburban Legends are my favorite and I believe they are the only band that plays a library of Disney music along with their own music and a variety of covers.

*Note, the poll has the "main" 7 bands that rotate out, I left out any bands that only play once or twice a year.
    Suburban Legends
    55.56%
    Tomasina
    11.11%
    Scot Bruce
    7.41%
    The Bolts
    3.70%
    80z All Stars
    14.81%
    Hard Day's Nights
    7.41%
    Stellar
    0.00%
    Instant Replay
    0.00%
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Re: Favorite Tomorrowland Terrace Band?

The Suburban Legends are easily my favorite. The most upsetting thing is that they are currently touring in NOT AMERICA.

Comment

Could someone give a general idea of what type of music each band plays? I've never sat and watched a performance in TLT, but I have a feeling we might check it out during the 24 hour event and it would be nice to know if there's a band we should try and see!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by Nirya View Post
        The Suburban Legends are easily my favorite. The most upsetting thing is that they are currently touring in NOT AMERICA.
        Yeah it is unfortunate, I think that they'll be back for the summer though, they have a good number of days in July and August that they'll be performing at Tomorrowland.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
          Could someone give a general idea of what type of music each band plays? I've never sat and watched a performance in TLT, but I have a feeling we might check it out during the 24 hour event and it would be nice to know if there's a band we should try and see!
          I haven't watched all the bands live, but the ones I have seen are:
          Suburban Legends - Alternative Rock, Ska, Rock, Disco as well as covers of Disney songs (I Just Can't Wait to be King, You Got a Friend in Me, etc.)
          Tomasina - a wide variety of covers ranging from Rock to Pop
          Scot Bruce - Elvis Impersonator who does the full library of songs from the king of Rock
          Hard Day's Nights - Beatles Impersonation Band, all Beatles songs
          80z All Stars - various songs from the 80's

I haven't seen Instant Replay, Stellar, or the Bolts but I've heard that the Bolts do rock, the bands are on a rotating schedule that is not set in any way as some of the bands (like the Suburban Legends currently) go on a long hiatus to go on their own tours while others will play local gigs and will usually be at Tomorrowland every week. They play roughly 5 or 6 times at night I think starting with the first performance at 7 and the last one at around 11:15
          Last edited by TFN5459; 05-04-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hopefully they list the bands on the park schedule or something - I'd like to check them out. Thanks for the info and for starting this thread - I'll be following it to see what people have to say!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
            KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
              Hopefully they list the bands on the park schedule or something - I'd like to check them out. Thanks for the info and for starting this thread - I'll be following it to see what people have to say!
              They had a sign posted at Tomorrowland Terrace when we were there listing that day's band and performance times.

Comment

Scot Bruce definitely!

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
                ???

Comment

Suburban Legends, hands down.

Comment

Also, SL aren't just "Alternative Rock". More accurately- they're a Ska, Rock, Disco band. Especially Ska. )

Comment

Check out this website it gives you the schedule for all the bands upcoming shows at The Tomorrowland Terrace.
                      home
                      Last edited by slim22; 05-04-2014, 05:04 PM. Reason: missed website.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                        Also, SL aren't just "Alternative Rock". More accurately- they're a Ska, Rock, Disco band. Especially Ska. )
                        Lol, thanks for the correction, I make sure to edit that in my post!

Comment

Suburban legends for the win. Seriously just you tube them... Great stage presence and a perfect fit for disneyland. I remember the one set I saw fondly.
                          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

It seems like I only ever see Tomasina, and they are definitely not my favorite. I remember seeing the Suburban Legends back in 2000 because they used to play in Downtown Disney when it first opened, but I haven't seen them since then. I remember that I liked them, but ska was a lot more popular back then, so I wonder how it holds up...
                            Disneyland Cast Member
                            Outdoor Vending
                            1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

You didn't list my favorite.
                              RUMBLE KING -Home

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumble King.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	7355787

I've seen them play at Tommorrowland Terrace, but coming up they'll be playing at Downtown Disney instead.
                              Rumble King Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

I think they would still be my favorite even if one of their members wasn't an old friend of ours!
                              We got there just as they were being "submerged" at the end of a set, so waited for them the re-emerge.
                              In this shot our friend (whom I hadn't seen in ages) heard us calling to him and was trying to see who it was.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumble King Bill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	7355788
                              It was neat when he finally saw us, as he was obviously surprised and very pleased - and they did end up introducing us to the audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X