Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Craziness for Anna and Elsa at the Rope Drop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Craziness for Anna and Elsa at the Rope Drop?

Characters are my life that is what I do at Disneyland now. Don't go on any rides. As Elsa would say, The Cold never bothered me anyways or should I say, The lines never bothered me anyways.

Comment

Fresh Baked disney just posted a video of this the other day! Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ663qRpmQU

The line is crazy long! Still haven't been able to meet them yet

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessMichelle View Post
        Fresh Baked disney just posted a video of this the other day! Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ663qRpmQU

Yeah. Me neither. I've tried a couple of times myself. But the line seems to get longer and longer each day. I think they need to put a second meet and greet for Anna an Elsa over at the California Adventure. That would help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessMichelle View Post

Yeah. I think I've given up trying to meet Anna and Elsa myself. That line seems to be get longer and longer every day. Disney seriously needs to add another meet and greet for them over at the California Adventure. I've never seen characters this popular before in my life.

Comment

Looks like the Frozen craziness is now in Once Upon a Time. The season finale's last moments showed that Elsa will be in the next season this fall...

"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

A very clever cliff hanger for a TV show's season finale though.

Comment

So are they still trying the separate line at the gate to walk people back or is it still a mad dash to get there? I had read that at WDW they have CM’s walk back toward the castle holding the rope so no one can run past.

Comment

What is the correct rope drop area to wait to be closest to the line entry?

I'm not excited about this

Comment

I just watched the season finale of Once Upon A Time and I muttered, "Dear God" under my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillchat View Post
                      I just watched the season finale of Once Upon A Time and I muttered, "Dear God" under my breath.
                      )

Comment

Finally... I was able to get my picture with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna! This was due to a lucky break I got earlier this afternoon while at Disneyland during a blazingly hot day here in Southern California. The wait was only an hour and a half! So I decided to take advantage of it... not just for myself. But for one of my nieces who specifically asked for a picture of these popular royal sisters for her birthday that's coming up soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0057.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	7355905

I told Queen Elsa... "Too bad you couldn't use some of your magic here today." She replied... "Yeah. It would be nice. But Olaf loves this kind of weather." I also told Princess Anna that I hope she gets inducted into the Disney Princess Royal Court real soon. It was a lot of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0058.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	7355906

Here's a picture of the queue which didn't circle around the Village Haus restaurant like it usually does. Probably due to the 104 degree heat.
                        Last edited by film975; 05-15-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by film975 View Post
                          Finally... I was able to get my picture with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna! This was due to a lucky break I got earlier this afternoon while at Disneyland during a blazingly hot day here in Southern California. The wait was only an hour and a half! So I decided to take advantage of it... not just for myself. But for one of my nieces who specifically asked for a picture of these popular royal sisters for her birthday that's coming up soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36349[/ATTACH]

I told Queen Elsa... "Too bad you couldn't use some of your magic here today." She replied... "Yeah. It would be nice. But Olaf loves this kind of weather." I also told Princess Anna that I hope she gets inducted into the Disney Princess Royal Court real soon. It was a lot of fun.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36350[/ATTACH]

Here's a picture of the queue which didn't circle around the Village Haus restaurant like it usually does. Probably due to the 104 degree heat.
                          What time was this when you saw them. Just wondering?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
                            What time was this when you saw them. Just wondering?
                            The picture was taken at about 2:30 PM. I got in line about an hour and a half before. The line being short like that was really rare because of the heat yesterday. There were gaps in the line because people were trying to stay in the shade as much as they could.

Comment

I went on Sunday, got there around 740a. I was about 20 people back in line. When I got up to the hub my wife went to the frontierland side behind about 3 people back and I went on the tomorrowland side about 5 people back. I went at a regular pace and my wife went a lot faster. It seemed like everyone went to fantasyland first. When I got through the gates Peter Pan looked to be about 10 to 15 minutes already and when we got up to my wife at Frozen she was about an hour back. Crazy! Was really hoping for better but these sisters are crazy popular. So my wife waited in line while my daughter and I did all the fantasyland rides.

Comment

Hum, I haven't seen that set of sisters...hopefully that means they have hired more and can either extend the hours, add them to a preparedness float, anything to make them more accessible!
                                Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post
                                  Hum, I haven't seen that set of sisters...hopefully that means they have hired more and can either extend the hours, add them to a preparedness float, anything to make them more accessible!
                                  I've seen that Anna before she was the first one that I ever met. Elsa on the other hand is new.

Comment

Originally posted by napamaninsocal View Post
                                    I went on Sunday, got there around 740a. I was about 20 people back in line. When I got up to the hub my wife went to the frontierland side behind about 3 people back and I went on the tomorrowland side about 5 people back. I went at a regular pace and my wife went a lot faster. It seemed like everyone went to fantasyland first. When I got through the gates Peter Pan looked to be about 10 to 15 minutes already and when we got up to my wife at Frozen she was about an hour back. Crazy! Was really hoping for better but these sisters are crazy popular. So my wife waited in line while my daughter and I did all the fantasyland rides.
                                    Thank you for this information. So frontierland side (near Princess Fantasy Faire). I mean I guess that makes sense

Comment

So, if they're all headed to Anna and Elsa in the morning, rides like Star Tours, Indy, and Big Thunder should be walk-ons. This is some good strategizing for when I go to Disneyland next month.
                                      Disney visits over the years:
                                      • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
                                      • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
                                      • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
                                      • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
                                      • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
                                      • Disneyland, August 2007
                                      • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
                                      • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
                                      • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
                                      • Disneyland, June 2013
                                      • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
                                      • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
                                      • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
                                      • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post
                                        So, if they're all headed to Anna and Elsa in the morning, rides like Star Tours, Indy, and Big Thunder should be walk-ons. This is some good strategizing for when I go to Disneyland next month.
                                        They won't all be walk-ons. The hourly capacity for that Meet and Greet is so low that it won't take that many people to push the line to hours in length.

Comment

Has anyone visited Anna and Elsa recently at rope drop? Is it still craziness? I heard they are better organized. Thanks in advance.
                                          Last edited by The Disney Ninja; 06-06-2014, 01:55 PM.
                                          I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                                          - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Working...
                                          X