This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Main Street alley to start construction May 12

According to this source: Main Street, U.S.A. corridor construction starts May 12
    Cast members were notified today that Disney will begin construction on Main Streets alley's next week. An interesting thing that I read was that not only will they be building an east alley but also a west. Not sure how accurate this is but if so construction is schedule to be complete by the fall of this year.

Re: Main Street alley to start construction May 12

What is the progress on this at Magic Kingdom? I thought they were doing this there, then I heard nothing about it.

Comment

If the dates are correct that will really stink during the 24 hour day. There are not enough outlets around the park to charge phones and the charging lockers will be very much missed that day in particular.
      My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
      Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
      "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
      ~* Uncle Walt *~
      2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
        If the dates are correct that will really stink during the 24 hour day. There are not enough outlets around the park to charge phones and the charging lockers will be very much missed that day in particular.
        Just get yourself a RAZR MAXX... DAYS of use out of a charge. I love mine. Iphlop... dead by mid-day with use.
        Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
        World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
        My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
        My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
        My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
        My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
        My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
        My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
        My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
        My October, 2011 Trip Report
        My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

I'm so out of the loop, I didn't know this was happening.

So, will these themed alleyways only be in use during parades and fireworks or available all the time? Will they have access to the shops from the alleyways? Are they simply going to put up themed facades on the backside of the Main Street buildings? And the other side of the alleyway, will they just be themed walls? Do we have any art work for it yet?

Comment

It's possible that this is another case where actual facts get stretched into speculation. Disneyland's AP official Facebook page did confirm that the First Aid station will be closed for renovation starting on May 12. They also confirmed that First Aid will temporarily be moving into the spot where the lockers are now. This is now also up on the official DLR site.

Beginning May 12, 2014, the Disneyland Park lockers on Main Street, USA will be unavailable. First Aid will temporarily be taking over the locker area through Fall 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
            During this time, you can still rent lockers in the Esplanade area outside the Main Entrances to both parks, or inside Disney California Adventure Park.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/

Having said that, there's nothing in that statement that would suggest that they are building an alley. Since there's so much stuff backstage that is near Main Street USA, making alleys there would probably require a lot of work. Could they do that within four months? I don't know.

I do think it's silly they didn't wait until after the 24 hour event to do this.
            Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
              Having said that, there's nothing in that statement that would suggest that they are building an alley. Since there's so much stuff backstage that is near Main Street USA, making alleys there would probably require a lot of work. Could they do that within four months? I don't know.

I do think it's silly they didn't wait until after the 24 hour event to do this.
              I think its bad timing as well with the 24 hour event still to come and now there won't be a place inside of Disneyland to officially charge your cell phone, especially since most phones don't last 24 hours. But if they are indeed building the alley's then I think they are starting now because they don't want to wast any more time and possibly want this done before the loads of crowds show up during the last 2 weeks of December. They may not be able to finish it within 4 months but remember that Fall 2014 lasts until December 21. That is 7 months away and the crowds will start coming in around the 19th of December. So this could very well be completed by then.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR159 View Post
                I think its bad timing as well with the 24 hour event still to come and now there won't be a place inside of Disneyland to officially charge your cell phone, especially since most phones don't last 24 hours. But if they are indeed building the alley's then I think they are starting now because they don't want to wast any more time and possibly want this done before the loads of crowds show up during the last 2 weeks of December. They may not be able to finish it within 4 months but remember that Fall 2014 lasts until December 21. That is 7 months away and the crowds will start coming in around the 19th of December. So this could very well be completed by then.
                The best plan wrt the 24 hour event would be to set up charging stations in some of the less-traveled areas of the park (Big Thunder Ranch, Fantasia Gardens) that people could relax at and get their stuff charged. As it is, the Starbucks locations (both inside the parks and the DTD spot) will probably be swamped.

Comment

I hope this is true. It has been a rumor for a while it would be a nice and welcome change. hopefully they theme it too.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

The alley project has been on and off, but this does fit the timeline laid out by Al Lutz a few years ago when he first began discussing firm plans for an alternate route down Main Street in his September 18, 2012 update.

MiceChat mentioned again in our last update a few weeks ago that the plan was on and I can't wait to see what Imagineers have in store.

The other in-park project to get turned back on recently was the plan we’d told you about back in 2012 to build a themed alleyway behind the eastern flanks of Main Street USA. The new alley would allow easier access into and out of the park during parades and fireworks, as well as update the older facilities along the route like the lockers, First Aid and the Baby Care Center

Comment

good find Trevor! ^^
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

I hope it's true, but I'll believe it when I see it.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

OH NO! Guests may have to *gasp* not use their phones for a short period of time on ONE day???????????

*OMG* *OH NOEZ* *OMG* *OH NOEZ* Alert the media!!!!!!! Call the National Guard!!!!!!!!

Really? *iRoll*

Comment

Well didn't expect both sides to become guest access ways during parades and fireworks. The west alley already had the roll down shades, but hey if they want to add the backside of Main St., I'm all for it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X