Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone begging for the return of the PeopleMover and other lost attractions...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Everyone begging for the return of the PeopleMover and other lost attractions...

You know who you are.

You have a line in your signature that says "Bring back the PeopleMover".

You want Adventures thru Inner Space to come back.

You'd like to see the Rocket Jets on top of the PeopleMover again.

And hate Nemo, and would rather see the original subs back.

When you see DCA, you'd rather see a parking lot.

And hate it when you think about Jack Sparrow at the Pirates of the Caribbean.

I believe you are completely wrong about what you want. And no, it's not because of the reasons you think.

I also hate the current Rocket Jets position, and hate to see the PeopleMover tracks empty. I can't stand Finding Nemo, or Jack Sparrow, and would have loved to see AITS. I think Redd Rocket's Pizza (what a ridiculous name) should be destroyed and instead an attraction should be there. And Innoventions should have never been built... BUT...

Back when Walt was alive... NOBODY had thought about the PeopleMover. He created it with his talented group of Imagineers. He perfected the Dark Ride to a point where it hasn't been beaten yet. Every single attraction was spanking brand new, or he perfected something else to the point nobody else could compete.

By claiming to bring back something that was invented or perfected 30, 40 or 50 years ago we are actually damaging Disneyland. We are telling execs and middle management "feed me the same old stuff and I'll be happy".

So far from what we deserve!

We are paying $100 for a day at the park (except APers, but I believe they'd think the same - although for a mere couple of dollars a day, I bet they are just happy as is). For what?!?! Half baked attractions (Pooh?) Attractions that never seem to work properly (Indiana Jones?) Empty tracks?

Let's not ask for the PeopleMover back. Let's ask for something else - something revolutionary. Something mindblowing. Back in Walt's time he didn't have AP's, or so much merchandise, or Downtown Disney, or a second park, or such insane prices on everything - and he managed to build not one, but FIVE top tier attractions only 4 years after Disneyland opened! When was the last time something good opened at Disneyland? 19 years? (Indiana Jones). Do you think this is the right way to run a theme park?

The only reason why I like Disneyland as a museum is because newer attractions usually stink. Poo, as I said before. Rocket Rods. Innoventions. Finding Nemo. Sub-par, boring attractions. Even when they refurbished Space Mountain and Big Thunder we ended up with mostly the same stuff, only with a newer track. Is this what we, at the current price levels, deserve? Is this what Walt Disney envisioned when he built the park?

Just my 2c...

Re: Everyone begging for the return of the PeopleMover and other lost attractions...

While I agree, I really would like to see the people mover at Disneyland. Seeing old videos of tomorrowland makes me smile.

But yes to everything else. Disney should be the acting like the leader in the theme park experience.
    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Re: Everyone begging for the return of the PeopleMover and other lost attractions...

I think we're gunna see something Star Wars related taking over tomorrowland in the coming years. if done right, that could be pretty epic
      Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
      Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

In regards to the PM my take on it is. I loved it when it was around. I also enjoyed the rocket Rods. My biggest gripe with it is they just abandoned putting anything up there and now it's been so long it's annoying. I am sure they have tossed around ideas with what to do with it. I wish they would have moved forward on those ideas.

I also don't mind keeping attractions like what you mentioned above. BTMRR is just as fun and exciting to me today as it was back in the 80s. The minor changes made to it over the years have been subtle and keep the attraction enjoyable for me. My bigger problems are when they remove attractions without a replacement or let a known less popular attraction just go on living without trying to improve it or replace it.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
          I think we're gunna see something Star Wars related taking over tomorrowland in the coming years. if done right, that could be pretty epic
          While I am huge fan of the Star Wars franchise. I cringe at the idea. what happened to looking to the real tomorrow and space travel? It would be a fun themed area for sure..but could they really continue to call it tomorrowland?

I like the 2 cents above..when we seem to lean on the old classics (which are fantastic)..Disney knows this and seems to blend them with new mediocre experiences.

Comment

I don't want the people mover back as much as I just would like something to utilize those tracks.
            Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Some say I am still waiting for the People Mover... also there used to be a sign that said "The Rocket Rodd's will return in Spring..." and they never came back.

Comment

I think it will change eventually, but a redo of the Peoplemover probably wasn't going to be something that would have drawn huge new crowds like Carsland.

Comment

I always think that there should be new experiences replacing what seems outdated or just plain bad.

However, as many above have mentioned, they seem to be even worse than what was there before. Country Bears replaced by a Winnie the Pooh attraction (a version somehow worse than the one in WDW). PeopleMover tracks have nothing, and the old Carousel of Progress/America Sings theater gets...a watered down Innoventions from Epcot, which was never that great to begin with.

I honestly can't blame the Imagineers for this, while they do have some part in it, management is a huge factor. While I try to deny it as much as I can, Disney's main purpose right now is money. Money money money. I feel that under the guidance of good people that genuinely care for the parks well being, then we will eventually get those amazing and revolutionary experiences that everyone is clamoring for. Look at Cars Land, from what I've seen, it's the best thing to come to an American Disney park since Indiana Jones in DL park. We need more people like John Lassater or Tony Baxter in the theme park division.
                  sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

I don't think the PeopleMover belongs in Disneyland anymore. It's a waste of space and it essentially is the Monorail only for inside the park. It works for WDW because of the grand scale that area is. You can't realistically walk from park to park or to the hotels so it's necessary. In Disneyland, it is not necessary.
                    Using the PeopleMover to take people from one land to the other won't decrease the crowds because at this point in time it's crowded regardless. A decent number of people will do what they already do and simply walk through the park instead of waiting in line to hop on the PeopleMover. Either that or they will ride it for fun, like the Railroad, and won't use it as a means of transport. They will ride it in a circle around and get off where they got on.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Bring the People Mover back.....as the new mode of transportation between the Esplande and a new Puumba Parking Structure.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                        I don't think the PeopleMover belongs in Disneyland anymore. It's a waste of space and it essentially is the Monorail only for inside the park. It works for WDW because of the grand scale that area is. You can't realistically walk from park to park or to the hotels so it's necessary. In Disneyland, it is not necessary.
                        Using the PeopleMover to take people from one land to the other won't decrease the crowds because at this point in time it's crowded regardless. A decent number of people will do what they already do and simply walk through the park instead of waiting in line to hop on the PeopleMover. Either that or they will ride it for fun, like the Railroad, and won't use it as a means of transport. They will ride it in a circle around and get off where they got on.
                        I may be having trouble understanding you here, but if you're saying that DL doesn't need the PM because people won't use it to get from place to place, then you don't have anything to worry about. The PM wasn't that type of ride. There was only one entrance and one exit. It was nothing like The Monorail or The Railroad in that regard.
                        Last edited by 4th Gen Disney Fan; 05-11-2014, 03:51 PM.
                        "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                          You're completely confusing the PM and Monorail at both Disneyland and WDW. The PM at WDW is wholly contained within Tomorrowland and I think it's much shorter than DL's PM tracks. The Monorail at WDW is what takes people from park to park to hotel, not the PM.

Comment

I really hope they don't make tomorrowland "Star Wars land"... Or make marvel too obvious in the park. I go to disney parks to see disney characters... Not companies that they acquired later on. Just my opinion
                            Just a lurker now. ._.

WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
                            Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

Comment

Before calling for the return of the Peoplemover, we need to remember what it brought to Tomorrowland in the first place. It was a ride that 1) interacted with the other rides in Tomorrowland, and 2) brought a kinetic visual interest that helped liven up the area. Tomorrowland doesn't need the Peoplemover per se, but without the general quality that it and other defunct rides brought, that corner of the park just feels dead. Leaving the Peoplemover platform in place and doing nothing with it makes it so much worse, with the added insult of allowing people to hold the false hope that the Peoplemover might come back.

Tomorrowland needs to get rid of the spinning plug in its gate, put a weenie towards the back of the land, have a sense of motion and life, have rides that interact with each other, and be able to wow guests with unique experiences they won't find outside of a Disney park. Right now it doesn't do any of that nearly as well as it used to, which is why everyone wants to put things back the way they were.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X