This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Frozenland

This my idea for a Frozenland/Arendelle at the Disneyland Resort, located on the north side of Rivers of America. Theres not much room for expansion without pushing the train tracks out a little and based on this design it would go through the mountain and ride building. I'd love to see something along these lines built, rather than something small near Matterhorn.

Last edited by Desiderant; 06-02-2014, 09:09 PM.

Re: Frozenland

It's been discussed in other threads and explained to me that the train tracks around the backside of Frontierland are pretty rigid in their path due to the grade of the track, so any expansion into Frontierland has to take that into account.

The other big problem is thematically. I can understand not wanting to shortchange a Frozen land by giving it more room to work with, but it doesn't belong anywhere near the Rivers of America. It'd be jarring for riders on the Mark Twain/Columbia to suddenly see an icy mountain and medieval city along the banks of the river, and it'd be strange for visitors in the Frozen land to see a riverboat cruising along in the background.

The reason people bring up the Motorboat Cruise area or Fantasyland Theater for a Frozen land is because it's a better thematic fit, and especially in Disneyland, theme is huge.

Comment

No. Just no.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

"The reason people bring up the Motorboat Cruise area or Fantasyland Theater for a Frozen land is because it's a better thematic fit, and especially in Disneyland, theme is huge."

^Nirya, you and I are in agreement. I would think that the Motorboat area and perhaps the extreme weatern side of Autopia would work very well for this. Also, geographically the land would be north of the Matterhorn just like in real life.

Comment

No.

Comment

I like the idea. I don't like the idea of it being there. Fantasyland Theater and Toontown areas would be better, as would motorboat area.
            I don't like the name. Arendelle would be fine, but enough with lands where they just pick a word (or in this case the title of a movie) and stick "land" at the end. A little more creativity would be appreciated there.
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Don't love the idea, but I do really like how you did the concept art. Very clever to use pre-existing structures, it makes it easy to imagine what it would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                No. Just no.
                Originally posted by madgei View Post
                No.
                And yet again. No.

No. Frozen. Attraction. Ever.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I don't think there should be a Frozen attraction, even though I like the movie. It will just be too much Frozen for anyone except younger children to handle.
                  *Former Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Online Player
                  *Long Live MuppetVison3D
                  sigpic

Comment

^Hey everybody, just LET IT GO

Comment

Originally posted by TrueLifeAdventurer View Post
                      ^Hey everybody, just LET IT GO
                      Haha, nice one TrueLifeAdventurer!
                      *Former Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Online Player
                      *Long Live MuppetVison3D
                      sigpic

Comment

I would have to know what is in the land before I pass judgement. As for the location I would be against it for thematical reasons. Frozen could work in FL. As far as Frozen in the parks I would want to see how popular it remains first.
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Doesn't make remote sense when Matterhorn is not nearby and it is branched off Frontierland, not Fantasyland. I think it makes more sense to make a small winter/Nordic sub land off of fantasyland so Matterhorn fits in with the theme, and I don't think a land of MK style park should be devoted to a movie (cough, cough HKDL).

Comment

I think it's too early to start thinking about a Frozen ride. Who knows if it's appeal will be lasting? Also I agree with the others that the location doesn't fit. But I'm going to stand up for you regarding theming to Disney movies. Hello. Most, if not all of the Fantasyland attractions were themed to a Disney movie! In fact, Disneyland was created by people in the film industry! But yeah if they ever do a Frozen ride it should probably be near the Matterhorn.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X