Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

I'm curious because one member claims you can still order these if you ask, yet I've asked twice and gotten rude responses each time that basically meant no. Can anyone here confirm you can still get them here?

Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

I got them most recently during the 24 hour event, and they were not special for that...
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

I got them in April. I was told it would be a few minutes.
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I just got them last Friday (May 30).

Comment

I thought they were sold at the stage door cafe, not in the golden horseshoe itself. Have you tried at that stand instead of inside the horseshoe?
          My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
          Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
          "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
          ~* Uncle Walt *~
          2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Comment

I got some at Stage Door about two months ago, like others have posted, it is an extended wait like about 15 minutes but I think it's worth it.
            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Stage door has them but they are not on the menu. Apparently they keep them as a vegetarian dish. Why they aren't on the menu has always been a mystery to me. They used to be on there.
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

Seems silly not to put them on the menu. Only reason I can think of is that the profit margin on them is too small and everywhere has to sell a vegetarian option (at least in the UK it's the law, not sure about the US).

But then, why not just raise the prices? It's a funny one.

Comment

Yeah, my understanding is since they took of off the menu, you have to ask specifically, and then they're made to order. So if the response you got was "it'll take 20 minutes", that's the expected reply. If the person was rude, you should talk to City Hall or email the resort. But if the issue was just you were told it'd take a while, that's true and I think they've been trained to warn people. I don't think it's meant to be taken as a "no". Although every time I've ordered them since they went off-menu it didn't actually take anywhere near that long.

On the Disney blog at some point last year they did a whole post about all the "awesome vegetarian options" they were so "proud" to offer, and I think a bunch of people in the comments were all "why'd you take away the mozarella sticks" and they were all "just ask!" but it was kind of awkward in the same post extolling their own vegetarian friendliness to point out some places you have to know to ask for the option since it's not on the regular menu any more.

I'm pretty sure you can get them at either the Golden Horseshoe or Stage Door Cafe. Pretty sure they share a kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by ssaamm View Post
                    Seems silly not to put them on the menu. Only reason I can think of is that the profit margin on them is too small and everywhere has to sell a vegetarian option (at least in the UK it's the law, not sure about the US).
                    Wait. In the UK it's a LAW that you have to have vegetarian options? Like an actual law??

Why did I ever leave London???

Comment

I would have been so sad being denied those. Delish to be sure. Do they ever have seasonal sticks, like pepper jack?

Comment

Yeah, I've always been told they're at Stage Door, not Golden Horseshoe. However, they shouldn't have been rude or short with you.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          I would have been so sad being denied those. Delish to be sure. Do they ever have seasonal sticks, like pepper jack?
                          Seeing as how the cheese sticks aren't listed on the menu anymore, I'd guess that since it's so obscure that they don't have variations, though that would be cool if they did have some different varieties.
                          "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                          "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Just to clarify, my recent purchase was at Stage Door...
                            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

I had them in April at the Golden Horseshoe no problem

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X