This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Tom Staggs Inspecting Disneyland/DCA Friday

DLR Security management is buzzing and scrambling because Tom Staggs arrived on Friday for an official day-long business tour of key sites around both parks in Anaheim. Staggs has got a full entourage of key TDA executives scurrying alongside him pointing and smiling and rattling off their scripted remarks.

One of the stops was behind Main Street USA where mystery construction work has begun. The work appears to be the old rumor from Al Lutz that a themed alleyway will be built parallel to Main Street to help with crowd control and guest movement around the park.

Re: Tom Staggs Inspecting Disneyland/DCA Friday

Why would security management be buzzing? He's an executive for the company, not a head of state or celebrity...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
      Why would security management be buzzing? He's an executive for the company, not a head of state or celebrity...
      He's kind of a minor celebrity. It's not like the head of the whole division visiting isn't a big deal.
      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
      -Walt Disney

Comment

^ what bob said most companies go into a alert mode when executives show up or are known to be showing up. Hopefully they looked around TL too!
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Oh, trust me, management absolutely loses their stuff whenever a senior VP stops by the park. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how they can impress them. Mostly it involves a lot of cleaning, straightening your costume, etc. The funny thing is I always found the "suits" themselves to be very nice. They would usually walk up to me on a popcorn or churro wagon and shake my hand and tell me that I was doing a great job.
          Disneyland Cast Member
          Outdoor Vending
          1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
            Oh, trust me, management absolutely loses their stuff whenever a senior VP stops by the park. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how they can impress them. Mostly it involves a lot of cleaning, straightening your costume, etc. The funny thing is I always found the "suits" themselves to be very nice. They would usually walk up to me on a popcorn or churro wagon and shake my hand and tell me that I was doing a great job.
            I'd be happy too if I made multiple millions of dollars a year.
            The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
            -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
              No joke!

Comment

Where is the link/proof to this?

Comment

Originally posted by sean317 View Post
                  Where is the link/proof to this?
                  Westsider is a CM (or at least was one. I'm pretty sure he still is). I'd assume it'd be pretty easy for him to find out if a top exec was coming around, because his managers would be all over the news making sure everything looked sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                    Depends on what you had to do to make it. Most executives have failed marriages and estranged families because they are married to the job
                    Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
                    World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
                    My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
                    My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
                    My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                    My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
                    My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
                    My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                    My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
                    My October, 2011 Trip Report
                    My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

He was indeed at the park today. I was coming out of Mr. Toad's today, and to my left, coming out of Peter Pan, was a big group of Imagineers and executives, including Tom Staggs himself. I was starstruck, hehe.
                      “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                        Many companies install real-time tracking on their corporate jets through private sources. Much better than the hourly or half-hourly tracking from engines/cockpit. When it comes to CEOs who are making millions of dollars and leading the company, they take security very seriously.

Disney is no exception. Especially when there are hugely devoted fan boards and people who actually are crazy enough to go up and pester him about projects and ideas.

Plus, it isn't about his personal security all the way either. There is moving him around the park quickly while not interrupting the normal operations of things. Etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TL59 View Post
                          He was indeed at the park today. I was coming out of Mr. Toad's today, and to my left, coming out of Peter Pan, was a big group of Imagineers and executives, including Tom Staggs himself. I was starstruck, hehe.
                          Can we take that as a sign that the Fantasyland dark rides will be getting those rumored upgrades?

How often does he visit the parks? Is this any type of indication that the parks could receive some type of upgrade soon?

Comment

Hmm....this is a little interesting since a couple of days ago a VP came to Racers and got briefed by one of our core leads. I can't remember if she was the VP in charge of DCA or one of DCA's VP. Still, I'm hoping he mentioned to her in his briefing how big a problem DAS cards are/will be at Racers and since they extended the expiration dates it will eventually become GAC 2.0 in terms of how backed up Fastpass is. I hope Racers never has to drop Fastpass and baby switch passes but if we ever hit 100+ DAS cards in an hour that option will begin to look tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdycm View Post
                              Hmm....this is a little interesting since a couple of days ago a VP came to Racers and got briefed by one of our core leads. I can't remember if she was the VP in charge of DCA or one of DCA's VP. Still, I'm hoping he mentioned to her in his briefing how big a problem DAS cards are/will be at Racers and since they extended the expiration dates it will eventually become GAC 2.0 in terms of how backed up Fastpass is. I hope Racers never has to drop Fastpass and baby switch passes but if we ever hit 100+ DAS cards in an hour that option will begin to look tempting.
                              Is the DAS system being gamed like GAC was? In what way?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X