This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Happy, Sleepy, Dopey, & Grumpy - A Barbaraann TR

Happy, Sleepy, Dopey & Grumpy. Those are the 4 emotions that I felt the most during my week's vacation to the Disneyland Resort. Vacations are not always perfect. I know that. I have a motto regarding vacations.

If I don't have fun on my vacation, than it's my own fault.

I definitely had fun on my vacation, and that is where the Happy fits in.

The Sleepy comes in on the several mornings where I actually slept in. I rarely ever do that on a Disney Vacation. It happened because I stayed out so late in the parks the night before. So Sleepy was actually caused by Happy.

Now Dopey came along last. Way after my vacation when I was traveling home on the plane, I was editing memory cards. I had 7 of those. One for each day. Each one had hundreds of pictures on them. Now, only 6 out of 7 of those cards have photos. Memory Card #1 was accidentally deleted of all it's photos. Blank. How Dopey did I feel when I realized what I had done? Pretty Dopey.

The Grumpy emotion reared it's ugly head twice during my vacation. First, when the Blackhawks lost their bid for the Stanley Cup to the Los Angeles Kings. I guess that might not count, because it's not Disney Vacation related, but I was Grumpy. Until, I went back to Disneyland, from the ESPN Zone, and stayed in the park til almost Midnight having a blast with a fellow MiceChatter.

Of course, I was Grumpy again on the plane, and that was Dopey's fault.

Well, enough with the prequel:

On with the Trip Report. The trip report, where I have almost no pictures of about the first 36 hours. Except for the few that I took with my iPhone.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Happy, Sleepy, Dopey, & Grumpy - A Barbaraann TR

This first photo is me at the Ohare Airport in Chicago. It is one of my early attempts at what everyone calls a "Selfie". I took a lot of "Selfies", on this trip.

My Plane left from this gate. It left on time, and for the first time in a very long time, I was flying into LAX rather than the John Wayne Airport.

I actually took my own photo while I was on the plane. I was surprised at how the seats on the plane were so much more roomy than the planes that fly into Orange County.

The flight was very comfortable, and it landed on time. It takes about 4 hours to fly from Chicago to Los Angeles. I had arranged for Super Shuttle to pick me up. This part was a bit annoying, but I knew that the travel time from LAX to Anaheim, is a whole lot longer than the travel time between Santa Ana, and Anaheim. I opted for this route, because I wanted to get to my hotel by 4 p.m., and I did.

I stay at a hotel called Dolphin's Cove. I did take a lot of pictures of the room, but Dopey deleted those. So, instead, here is the one I took with my iPhone.

After my delicious chicken dinner at Denny's, I caught the ART bus to the Disneyland Resort Esplanade. The plan was to spend the night in Downtown Disney. I had a great time browsing in the stores. I visited both the Disneyland Hotel, and the Paradise Pier Rose Garden, and the Grand Californian Hotel, and I took many pictures with my camera, and just these few with the iPhone.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Not bad! Sometimes it pays to do something new! I'm glad you had your usual awesome time!
      "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Given my choice, I'd fly into John Wayne over LAX every time. LAX is so huge it's a pain in the neck to deal with!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Bummer about your memory card! Good thing you took at least a few pics with your phone! I look forward to the rest of your TR!
          Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Now I will try and remember my first day in the park. I remember having a big breakfast at Denny's before I left for the park. It was Friday, May 30, and there would be a Grad Night that evening. I travel by ART to the park, and I was there for park opening. I did my usual traditional things. Like stopping for photos of the park entrance, especially the Tunnel Greeting, the Mickey Floral, and the firehouse, and City Hall.

This first photo is an attempt at a selfie as I approach Main Street, with the castle way in the background.

I took my time walking down Main Street. I always do on my first day. I always stop at the Main Street clock near the Silohuette Shop, and at the statues in the Hub. My first ride is always Dumbo, and I took a lot of pictures near the Dumbo ride.

Taking photos is the way that I document my days. So there is definitely some missing pieces in this part of my trip report.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
              Not bad! Sometimes it pays to do something new! I'm glad you had your usual awesome time!
              Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
              Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Given my choice, I'd fly into John Wayne over LAX every time. LAX is so huge it's a pain in the neck to deal with!
              I didn't research my trip days well enough, and for some reason, flying on a Thursday, meant that they did not have their usual afternoon flight. So I flew into LAX, but I flew home from John Wayne. Next time, I will pay better attention.

Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post
              Bummer about your memory card! Good thing you took at least a few pics with your phone! I look forward to the rest of your TR!
              I have since locked all of my memory cards, which is what I should have done in the first place.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love how much you enjoy your trips. It's infectious.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                  I don't think I've mentioned how much I love how much you enjoy your trips. It's infectious.
                  I don't get to go too often, so when I do, I guess I really appreciate every aspect of the experience.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Great trip report, but sorry to hear about the deleted photos. At least you've got your memories and the 6 undeleted memory cards.

Comment

So good to get a chance to see you this trip, Barbaraann!
                      "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                      raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Originally posted by TrueLifeAdventurer View Post
                        Great trip report, but sorry to hear about the deleted photos. At least you've got your memories and the 6 undeleted memory cards.
                        The initial shock has worn off. It was a Murphy Moment for sure. At least I am not one of those people who buy a mega memory card, and all their pictures are in one place. Then I'd really be crying.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Barbaraann, you are the quintessential Disney fan! Your love for the resort and fabulous trip reports always make me smile. Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
                            So good to get a chance to see you this trip, Barbaraann!
                            You make me blush, and smile, and I absolutely love the chance to hug you.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I made my way around Fantasyland that first morning, riding rides, and practicing "selfies" with my iPhone. Peter Pan had way too long a line, and so did Mr. Toad. However, after my first ride of Dumbo, I rode Pinocchio, the Carousel Snow White, The Tea cups, and Small World. Here are the photos that I took with my iPhone that morning, in random order.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X