This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Sunday Funday!

I rarely go on Sundays so as to avoid the crowds that seem worse than any day, but I was watching my niece, and what better to do than go to disneyland? It keeps her entertained and occupied, even if we ride the horse drawn carriage 5 times and Snow White 3 times.

we we arrived around 10 to the big show at the main gate with the Band, Mary and Bert, ChipandDale (sometimes I think my niece thinks they both have the same name the way she says it jumbled together!), Alice and Mad Hatter, and Cruella. They did several number and people could join in and dance along. My niece got to dance with Chip!

We headed to Main Street for our first of two horse rides, with Brother as our engine. My niece surprisingly decided to head toward the princesses instead of the usual path to the Wishing Well (and the Queen) so we visited PFF and saw Tiana, Ariel and Snow. It's so adorable to watch her, she runs around the corners and squeals when she sees who it is (doesn't matter who it actually is, I've never not heard her squeal). My flash was off so all those pictures are blurry... We were then able to slip in right at the end for Rapunzel's show but my niece decided right before "I See the Light" that she was "all done" so we slipped out and headed to FL by the long route and ran into the Queen.

She was so great with my niece, letting her sit in her lap and she even showed her how to offer an apple to the princesses.

We did Snow White (only once, I said no to her "one more" after we got off), the carousel, saw the queen a second time,

and then took the bus back to Town Square, the Horse (Lucky this time, who was out with Ducky) back to the castle, and then we found these baby Canadian geese, which my niece loved. She crouched down and just watched these guys intently!

There were two young ladies sketching next to her and I saw the closest turn and start to draw Sarah, so I asked to snaps pic of this very rough, quick sketch of her watching the geese. Impressive for just a minute!

We finished with a quick lunch at RdZ and then took the train from NOS to Main Street, watched Cruella and ChipandDale's parts in the firehouse show, and headed home.

It was interesting because this was the first trip she was, um, really testing her limits. She had an attitude and there were threats to leave but she thankfully ended up correcting the behavior each time.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a few pics from our trip!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Re: Sunday Funday!

Sweet pics. You must be the best aunt in the world.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I love how the Evil Queen showed a sweet side to your niece. Great photos!!!!!!

Comment

was this yesterday? the lines were really short for some reason, was pretty nice

Comment

Great pix. The interaction between the Queen and your niece are priceless! We were there yesterday around 7pm-11:30pm and it wasn't as crowded as we expected it to be.

Comment

This is how you do Disneyland. Awesome Cassie!
            sigpic
            Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
              Sweet pics. You must be the best aunt in the world.
              uh, yeah, I think I am! Usually she's really good with me, but yesterday she had major attitude (although the day before she threw up, which my sister didn't tell me, so maybe she wasn't feeling well) but I pretty much let her lead the way and do what she wants to do, within reason (no Snow White 5 times in a row)

Originally posted by Hillchat View Post
              I love how the Evil Queen showed a sweet side to your niece. Great photos!!!!!!
              I love how great ALL the Queens have been with her! She has one that she has a special friendship with, who will walk with her and totally dotes on her. She obviously doesn't know they are different so she loves the all, tries to climb in their laps, squeals when she sees them, etc. they probably aren't used to that response, especially from a 2 year old.

Originally posted by mrmeseeks View Post
              was this yesterday? the lines were really short for some reason, was pretty nice
              yep, yesterday, and the lines weren't bad at all, but we only did 3 rides, so I didn't notice it too much

Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
              Great pix. The interaction between the Queen and your niece are priceless! We were there yesterday around 7pm-11:30pm and it wasn't as crowded as we expected it to be.
              i was tempted to go back for fireworks but hung out at home with a friend instead. Maybe tonight.... I really want to do a pyro cruise on Storybook Canals!

Originally posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
              This is how you do Disneyland. Awesome Cassie!
              thanks! It's super fun and I love being so close...if only my niece lived closer, we'd go even more often!

Comment

Great day! Thanks for sharing

Comment

I love the pic of the Queen showing her how to offer an apple. Such great memories are being made!! And even if she doesn't remember when she's little, you have it all documented. So fantastic.

And the sketch is SO COOL! I don't know why but that totally fascinates me. Great that you got a photo of that!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                  KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                    I love the pic of the Queen showing her how to offer an apple. Such great memories are being made!! And even if she doesn't remember when she's little, you have it all documented. So fantastic.

And the sketch is SO COOL! I don't know why but that totally fascinates me. Great that you got a photo of that!
                    I know...I thought the sketch was so cool, which is why I asked to take the picture! I was watching her draw from the corner of my eye more than I was watching the geese or even Sarah!

And yeah, the apple was so cute! She showed the Queen today and I had to explain what she was doing since she, um, had a split in her personality since Sunday!

Such good memories...thank goodness for digital cameras! I literally have THOUSANDS of pictures of her, and she's just over 2, whereas growing up we had so little documented...I guess it has it's ups and downs though!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X