Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

    That section of the Matterhorn that the Skyway goes thru lasted about 15 seconds......or about the same amount of time one flys over London on the Peter Pan attraction......I'd think WDI could do something pretty amazing with that 15 seconds using *Frozen* as the story and the Skyway as the vehicles.

    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  • #2
    Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

    Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    That section of the Matterhorn that the Skyway goes thru lasted about 15 seconds......or about the same amount of time one flys over London on the Peter Pan attraction......I'd think WDI could do something pretty amazing with that 15 seconds using *Frozen* as the story and the Skyway as the vehicles.

    that means they would have to open the Matterhorn again. That's a major refurb for 15 seconds of a movie based ride.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

      That would be good, those 15 seconds of a 15 minute ride. What about the rest of the time? Skyway would look.out of place, and I think it was a good idea to get rid of it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

        Not sure in today's OSHA environment, the Skyway could even exist.
        There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
        -Dr. Strange

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

          Originally posted by Wren View Post
          Not sure in today's OSHA environment, the Skyway could even exist.
          Aerial Trams and Gondola Rides in Lake Tahoe at Heavenly Ski Resort & Squaw Valley

          Ride the SkyTrail at Trees of Mystery, redwood attraction California North Coast near Redwood National Park

          Palm Springs Aerial Tramway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

            Originally posted by Wren View Post
            Not sure in today's OSHA environment, the Skyway could even exist.
            It could easily exist, there are gondolas at ski resorts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

              Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
              That would be good, those 15 seconds of a 15 minute ride. What about the rest of the time? Skyway would look.out of place, and I think it was a good idea to get rid of it.
              Yeah, it really was horrible having a 3-Dimensional Park with so many things moving around :wave:
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                Originally posted by Daboltz View Post
                that means they would have to open the Matterhorn again. That's a major refurb for 15 seconds of a movie based ride.
                Perhaps; But they need new attractions and this one wouldn't require much real-estate.
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                  Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                  Yeah, it really was horrible having a 3-Dimensional Park with so many things moving around :wave:
                  There are other ways to make the park 3D without the Skyway. The PeopleMover! Maybe an Up! Themed ride in Fantasyland, or a balloon ride in Toontown.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                    Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                    There are other ways to make the park 3D without the Skyway. The PeopleMover! Maybe an Up! Themed ride in Fantasyland, or a balloon ride in Toontown.
                    Good ideas all!
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                      I think it would be fun to have a new skyway whose western stop was in critter country. It would probably be too long a ride then, and have to go really high to make it over the boats on ROA, but I think it would be cool.
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                        I've got lots of nostalgic feelings for the Skyway, but I think its gone for the better. It didn't really fit in after the 1983 Fantasyland renovation. A generic bucket ride in the sky sort of spoiled the illusion of being in a Bavarian village, not to mention it gave you views of un-themed rooftops that spoiled the illusion from above. Also, I think it caused perspective issues with the Matterhorn. It appears much larger & more daunting now without it.

                        I do wish they'd use the old Fantasyland station for something though, & I wouldn't mind something new in the sky in Tomorrowland!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                          Also both the San Diego Zoo and Sea World have them as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                            Originally posted by thedustycoyote View Post
                            It didn't really fit in after the 1983 Fantasyland renovation. A generic bucket ride in the sky sort of spoiled the illusion of being in a Bavarian village.
                            Actually, drahtseilbahn's are practically omnipresent in Bavaria:

                            Wendelstein Cable Car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                            http://www.tourismus.prien.de/files/..._sommer_09.pdf

                            Cable Cars

                            Cable Car - Picture of Untersberg, Salzburg - TripAdvisor
                            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bring back Skyway as a *Frozen* attraction.

                              Good point, but these all exist in modern Bavaria. In my mind, Fantasyland proper exists in a time gone by, before such a thing was ever invented.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X