X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any new rides for DLR?

th

Re: Any new rides for DLR?

There are no new rides that have been announced.

Comment

Too bad.

Does Disney usually play things so close to the vest? I mean wasn't the Avatarland announced back when Avatar was in theaters and they are just now breaking ground? and how much notice was given for Carsland/RS?

Comment

Most attractions take at least 2 years (and sometimes as many as 7 years) from the time that they confirm the attraction until the day they open it.
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

So at this rate if they were to announce an attraction by the end of this year it could be anytime from end of 2016 to 2021?

I would assume that the recent management changes are going to add on to that time. Also the fact that the have so many IPs to choose from doesn't help. And with attendance increases I guess the momentum is not there.

So then I guess the next, more speculative question is, what is more likely - a new single attraction or an area expansion/addition/3rd gate?

Comment

Remember when the Matterhorn, subs, Skyway, etc. were all built within a year?

I don't. I wish I did.

Comment

Originally posted by bingocimo View Post
              I have read here that there are plans to upgrade Fantasyland dark rides for the 60th Anniversary, )
              Speaking of this....does anyone know what's on deck for refurb after Alice comes back online?

Comment

Are you referring to that they were all built within a year of each other?

Because I am not trying to imply that they should be "built" within a year. I do get that it is a long process from concept to completion. My question related to the announcement of said project (a single ride). If nothing is announced then you basically are looking at a long process "when" and "if" something is announced. If something is announced then you know that there is at least some conceptual design and the process is in full swing.

Comment

Originally posted by bingocimo View Post
                  Are you referring to that they were all built within a year of each other?
                  I believe the Matterhorn was actually built in a year. Disneyland itself was built within a year. Now it takes 5, 6 or 7 years to create an attraction... and DL hasn't had a new one in almost 20 years. It's absurd.

I get it. The Matterhorn pales in comparison to Indy's technology. Then again, nothing like the Matterhorn had been tried back then. Arrow Development basically invented the steel roller coaster. And Imagineering built a mountain in the middle of Anaheim. With Walt's limited (when compared to today's) budget. that's something I just can't quite understand.

Comment

Agreed, the process seems to have gotten out of hand, but that's to be expected with such a huge conglomerate. Sometimes it takes a dictator to move those things along. DLR does have an amazing amount of attractions, most of which are worth going back to. I guess when I see things like Mystic Manor, Pooh's Honey Hunt and Journey to the Center of the Earth, I can't help but want to see some of this ride technology put into use at DLR. I love the thought of a trackless dark ride (I think MMlooks amazing).
                    Last edited by bingocimo; 06-12-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I'm looking at the bright side. By the time Disney re-installs the Finding Neno Subs, I'll be finding the Nemo subs a new ride experience again. But, that's probably just me. :shy:
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by fjhuerta View Post
                        DL hasn't had a new one in almost 20 years. It's absurd.

Yep, the place has just been standing still for 20 years.... well except for that whole new park and resort thingy.

Comment

Totally agree that DL and DCA are sum total of DLR, and for that they have been doing a lot. Again for me it's just more anticipation based on new technologies in use at other parks.

Comment

Well, the last hint that Disney gave out was at D23 and it was that Star Wars was coming. Now despite what was posted here, I'm assuming that is Disney's next move (especially with 5 new films coming out). It might be delayed a bit, but presumably that is their plan right now. I'm hoping that all we get is a Star Wars corner (Star Tours, Star Trader, Starcade, Captain Eo, Pizza Port and Innoventions) in Tomorrowland rather then converting the whole land, although keeping Star Wars out of Tomorrowland (other then Star Tours) and buildng a new park with it's own Harry Potter style hyper-immersiv Star Wars land is preferable.
                            Disneyland Cast Member
                            Outdoor Vending
                            1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

[QUOTE= in Tomorrowland rather then converting the whole land, although keeping Star Wars out of Tomorrowland (other then Star Tours) and buildng a new park with it's own Harry Potter style hyper-immersiv Star Wars land is preferable.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this point entirely. I think Tomorrowland is one of those hot topics everyone has a strong opinion on. Technically, Star Wars isn't in the future, though much of the technology in it conceivably is. And I guess if they can dedicate or at least predominantly theme a "land" around a 3 film franchise ala Carsland, then having a dedicated Star Wars land does make sense. But it seems as though Disney takes it more cautiously when dedicating an area, let alone an entire ride for a film/franchise.

I wonder if they are going to do anything in the interim or are they just waiting for the Star Wars films to bow before committing resources to a major new attraction at DLR?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X