Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report An AP's Ever Continuing Trip Report!

I'm having fun sharing my frequent trips that I take so I figured I'd make one thread and just add the new trips to it, making this one long, ever updating trip report! I'll post today's below!
    Last edited by CassiefRN; 06-23-2014, 10:21 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Sunday Funday, June 15th!

So today I got an unexpected trip with my niece after lunch. I worked all night and only got a short nap before Father's Day lunch with the family and was not about to attempt to watch a movie in the theater... It would've turned into a nice nap! The boys and dads in the family went and saw movie, my sister and mom ran errands and I got to take my niece to Disneyland!

The final dates for the queen were unclear, so we checked out the Wishing well first with no luck, after the obligatory ride on the horse drawn carriage. Lucky and Ducky were out...we had Lucky pulling us!

Well we weren't lucky with the queen, we did happen to stumble into fantasyland right as they wheeled a whole rack of Elsa dresses out. We joined the short line and had a glittery mess of a dress in 15 minutes! Apparently this week they got a shipment of 1600 dresses so I'm guessing the stock should start becoming more reliable.

We walked by the well again just to be sure and there was a photopass photographer doing magic shots so we got Olaf, Pascal, Tink (she didn't show up though) and then the balloons, which turned out the best!

We walked back to the main gate, stopping and seeing Goofy along the way, as well as confirming with a character CM that the Queen was gone, and headed out to see Cruella. She was FABULOUS today! I'm 95% sure it's the same "friend" of the Queen we saw last Sunday...she even commented that we had to visit her since her dear friend is no longer around! There was a girl in a Snow White dress and she was so dramatic about the Queens Departure, it was so great to see so much support from the people visiting her...now we just need to focus that support and get enough complaints to get her back!!!

Sarah did her standard walk up, turn, and back in for a photo which Cruella enjoyed, complimenting us on how well trained she was

Then they shared her villain face

So mad/sad about losing the Queen

We then stopped by City Hall to express our "concern about the removal of classic characters" and the lady this time actually filled out a yellow form in addition to telling me to send an email.

Sarah was beyond tired and turning, um, villainous, rather quickly, so we headed out and she was asleep before the tram even left!

She took a long nap and I was thinking since she'd be awake late maybe I could take her for Fantasmic and Fireworks, since I think she'd love them, but it was actually later than I was thinking and we wouldn't have time to eat and get a place for F! but of course I had already said fireworks so thankfully YouTube came to the rescue!

We finished the night out watching the actual fireworks from the couch in my parent's living room...can't beat that!

Last edited by CassiefRN; 06-16-2014, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Re: An AP's Ever Continuing Trip Report!

I like this idea of an ongoing trip report. I always like seeing your photos.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Looking forward to reading more of your trip reports! :thumbup:

Comment

Thanks guys! Now with this way I won't feel bad if I just have one or two pics to post! Also, if you want, I've started a disney only instagram, disneylovingnurse if you want just pics there!

Comment

Today was a planned trip with my niece, and she even spent the night at my house (her first away from mom and dad) before!

We got a decent start around 9 and started with a stop at Donald...he loved my niece's new Cruella doll and struck up a Cruella pose.

Pluto had a long line but I saw Chip without Dale behind the Omnibus finishing up with a kid and no line so we went there. My niece loves the chipmunks and after today, so do I! Chip made such a fuss over her doll, grabber her hand (still no line) and proceeded to walk with my niece over to show Goofy the doll, and I was like, oh, that's fun. And we kept going! He took us all over town square, saying hi to Dale (meeting solo in front of the fire house), then Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, who was a little afraid of Cruella, and then Mary and Bert. At this point Cruella was due out, so he led us over to the backstage door, told us to wait, and went back to get her. She was running "fashionably late" according to a nearby character host and so Chip stayed with my niece for a little, waving to the band, pointing out the doll to Alice and the Mad Hatter as they walked by, then finally saying goodbye before Cruella came out...for a total of 15 minutes with Sarah!

This was a new Cruella for us but she was great and loved the doll but thinks she looks better in person.

While waiting for Cruella to make an appearance we were tipped off by a CM that the 7 dwarves would be out by the well at some point during the day (yay for my sister packing her Snow White shirt for her!) so we headed there next, finding 5 CMs hanging around and these signs

so I knew we were in the right place and theoretically close to the right time but they wouldn't tell us anything. I could find nothing on twitter but one CM finally took pity and suggested hanging around for the next 15 minutes or so. We watched ducks, ran along the pathway, anything to keep this crazy 2 year old from being "all done"!

It was a beautiful day by the castle

Brand new baby ducks were out...I thought it was rather late for them!

And finally it was time! They cleared the Well area and roped it off, put tape down and told us where to line up, but still not what it was for. The person behind me had a family member inside FL so we knew when they were coming and saw them through the trees. They moved us along the pathway to the bridge and then since we were first we headed right in!

My niece would not go up by herself (she loves the villains but won't go near a dwarf????) so I walked her along and (correctly) introduced her to each dwarf and then got a picture will them all. She wouldn't even stand by herself for that!
            it

They filmed the whole thing, not sure why...if you happen to see any promo stuff with us, let me know! Anyway, we went into FL and rode SW 3, yes 3 times in a row! I don't get why that child ADORES it so much, but since it's the only way to see the Queen, I let her...

Merida was out with a rather short line so we stopped by and finally have a picture with her where Sarah is facing the camera! She would be so focused on the bears, so I guess that's one positive aspect about her move...?

We headed into PFF since I heard Snow was there and met Mulan, and unfortunately my pic of them showing their muscles was blurry!

Cinderella was next and I think was stalling for the next group to move on so I went through Sarah's "tricks"...her villain face, standing like the Queen, and giving an apple to a Princess. She loved the apple move and grabbed Sarah's hand and led her over to Snow and had her do it...too cute!

Belle had swapped out with Merida so I did a quick costume change and she was all ready!

We hopped back in PFF for the other side and saw the usual three, Aurora, Cinderella, and Ariel and I somehow didn't take any pictures that time.

We went home for a nap and came back for a few hours. The disneyland mobile site said Bert and Mary would be out in the hub from 3:30-4 but were no where to be found so we headed back to the main gate for Cruella's last set. Sarah was being clingy so we ended up with a selfie

We came out just in time to see the Frozen float

Then grabbed the train. I finally figured out why my niece begs to get on the train...she wants to see "Mickey show" and we had perfect timing for it! There were sign language interpreters this performance and they were captivating! It was a male/female pair and they harmonized during the ensemble...it was beautiful! You can see the guy in the bottom right corner. They truly are performers just as much as those on stage!

It was past time to leave so we made our way out and were done for the day.

It was a fun trip, with some super magical moments!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along on your trips to the park with your niece. You are indeed lucky to have gotten that shot with all the Seven dwarves. I have only seen that once in all the times I have been going to both Disneyland, and Disney World.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

:clap::clap:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                  Thanks for taking us along on your trips to the park with your niece. You are indeed lucky to have gotten that shot with all the Seven dwarves. I have only seen that once in all the times I have been going to both Disneyland, and Disney World.
                  I have heard they are out during MNSSHP along with some other rare characters but that's unlikely that we'd ever go out, so this was a super special treat! It gives them a lot to live up to for future weeks!!!

Comment

Love this thread!

Comment

Love it!! Seeing the seven dwarves is so great!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                        Love it!! Seeing the seven dwarves is so great!
                        It really was! I totally want to be there every Monday if they are going to have stuff like this, but if they aren't even announcing it while it's happening, even if I was in the parks I might not know about it if I'm not in the right place at the right time...

Comment

Great photos. That one of your niece and Belle is precious.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post

We went home for a nap and came back for a few hours. The disneyland mobile site said Bert and Mary would be out in the hub from 3:30-4 but were no where to be found so we headed back to the main gate for Cruella's last set. Sarah was being clingy so we ended up with a selfie !

When they say or list that Mary and Bert will be "out by the hub" it is actually at the Coke Corner, behind the Piano. Where Alice and Mr. Mad Hatter play Musical Chairs at 2:30.

The Dwarves were also out at 1:00 and 3:00.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X