This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Alice in Wonderland Safety Rails

Well based on Mintcrocodile's blog, the safety railings on Alice are now being installed! In my opinion, it actually doesn't look bad at all. If fits the whimsical aspect of Alice quite nicely! Check it out for yourself: Magic Eye Disneyland Resort Pictorial Blog: The Start of Alice in Wonderland Vine Safety Rails

Re: Alice in Wonderland Safety Rails

For all the trash they are receiving, Disney is doing its best to keep Cal/OSHA happy and the tourists happy. The railings are nice.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

It looks like it might only be on the left side of the track platform, which is the side an evac would happen on.

Comment

It looks nice… but then I remember what it is replacing and I can't help but be letdown. To be fair, I think anything on a track that wide would be a letdown for me. Doesn't even come close to replacing the appeal of that original section of the ride.
          Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
            It looks like it might only be on the left side of the track platform, which is the side an evac would happen on.
            Why would they only put it on one side? CAL/OSHA will make them put it up on both sides. They want it to be 100% safe, so no one can fall from either side.

Comment

Looks like they're doing the best with the hand they got dealt.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                For all the trash they are receiving, Disney is doing its best to keep Cal/OSHA happy and the tourists happy. The railings are nice.
                I agree, Disney either way has to deal with the Cal OSHA demands and they are really making an effort to theme it to the park. Does anyone really want to see the handrail on the roofs of the building or the netting on the jungle cruise? Not really but Disney could have slapped in something cheap looking but instead they are taking the time to blend it in as seamlessly as they can. Alice looks like one of the better retrofits, it will certainly help CM and guests in the case of an Evac.
                "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

They're safety rails. Honestly, I never understood the ridiculous amount of attention they've received. And Cal OSHA didn't demand Disney retrofit all their attractions. But they did this one- for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if more of Disneyland is not up to code. And sure Disney could have slapped something cheap up but then they'd be Six Flags, not Disney.

Comment

Not really what I was expecting, but oh well. Better than what was there I guess. I thought they would make it look more organic and vine-like but really it just looks like a nicer version of the temporary railing.

I thought I read somewhere that the way the ride operates makes it virtually impossible for the vehicles to stall on the vine and that evacs never happened at that spot. Could have been misinformation, I don't know. Can someone shed more light on this? I thought the main reason for the track widening and railing is for the safety of the workers.

Comment

Not too bad looking for what they are. I agree, I wish they'd made the top rail look more 'organic' rather than just a straight metal rail.
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

It looks as good as it could. Does anybody here remember ever being evacuated from AIW ? I don't recall any posts about that. I suppose is there was some major power outage or earthquake it could be necessary but all of this seems to be a lot of trouble for something that rarely happens.
                        --
                        http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

ORDDU: Well, the new railings look better than I originally imagined they would. But they still aren't finished with the job so it's still too early to decide one way or the other if the outcome is going to be a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post

I thought I read somewhere that the way the ride operates makes it virtually impossible for the vehicles to stall on the vine and that evacs never happened at that spot. Could have been misinformation, I don't know. Can someone shed more light on this? I thought the main reason for the track widening and railing is for the safety of the workers.
                            The procedure was to get a worker up there.. who would push the cars off the vine area. Guests would not be allowed out of the ride vehicle up there.

So really you only needed fall protection for the workers which could be tie-offs and harnesses.

The new design has completely destroyed the old concept. The old one had the impression of leaves.. and being out in this open space. Now it looks like a tour on sleeping beauty's back patio... :/

Comment

In all honestly I don't really like it and I think if they really wanted to they could have done something better. Couldn't they have used railings that disappear when not in use? They have the money to do it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X