This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward Kimball/Lilly Belle Dedication Ceremony

On February 15th at 8:00am there will be a dedication ceremony for the Ward Kimball and the Lilly Belle at the New Orleans Square train station. It will be hosted by Matt Ouimet and all Cast Members are invited to attend. It's a Cast Member only event, although I'm sure there might be some VIP's in attendance. I'll be there.

Re: Ward Kimball/Lilly Belle Dedication Ceremony

The Ward already had a small dedication ceremony on June 23rd, two days before it made its public debut, but it was very exclusive. It will be nice to have something the CMs can attend though.

Comment

I hope that DL has at least some press on this. It sounds exclusive. And I wish they had some updated pics of the inside. Thanks 10-8! I appreciate the update.
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I'd love to see pix of the event. Riding those trains will be at the top of my agenda upon when I visit the park this summer.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

If the past is any indication, there won't be any "official" photos released (Ollie Johnston/Marie E. event in early spring; First Ward dedication).

Hopefully, there will be CMs on hand who will document the event and post pictures for us to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano
            If the past is any indication, there won't be any "official" photos released (Ollie Johnston/Marie E. event in early spring; First Ward dedication).

Hopefully, there will be CMs on hand who will document the event and post pictures for us to see.
            Terrific! That would make me rootin' toot tootin' happy. Keeping my fingers crossed this happens.

Comment

I am hoping to go, but oh boy am I going to have to rush to my 10 o clock class afterwards!
              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Melmel, how nice it would be if you can attend the event and report back - maybe with a few pix.

Comment

Call me stupid but I have no idea why this is so special? Can anyone explain? I know nothing of the trains at Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-8atDisneyland
                    On February 15th at 8:00am there will be a dedication ceremony for the Ward Kimball and the Lilly Belle at the New Orleans Square train station. It will be hosted by Matt Ouimet and all Cast Members are invited to attend. It's a Cast Member only event, although I'm sure there might be some VIP's in attendance. I'll be there.
                    10-8atDisneyland, I hope that bothe of you will tell us about the event and post some cool pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
                      Call me stupid but I have no idea why this is so special? Can anyone explain? I know nothing of the trains at Disneyland.
                      Eaglewings, the Disneyland trains are commisioned in honor of beloved figures that have played a significant role in the original park's history, and/or in Walt's life. Steve DeGaetano can do the story on the naming of each particular train far greater justice than me - so I'll leave it at that.

The "ironhorses" themselves are authentic, and remain an important part of Americana. Everybody isn't into trains. But, many find fascinating the knowledge of locomotive history with respect to our nation, as well as at Disneyland and to Walt. It's right proud.
                      Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-05-2006, 04:32 PM.

Comment

In 1965, a year before he died, Walt Disney wrote, "I suppose I've always been in love with trains."

He didn't just say he liked them, or he was a railfan or a train hobbyist. He was passionate about trains. The Disneyland trains meant a lot to Walt.

They are the driving force that inspired Disneyland.

The first four engines at the park are named after Santa Fe Ry. executives; two of the executives, Fred Gurley and Ernest Marsh, were friends of Walt (the engines at Walt Disney World are named after Disney folks)

Engine No. 5 is the first engine added to the line since 1959. It's 104 years old, and the fact that it continues to run today is a significant achievement.

The engine is named after someone whose influence on the Disneyland trains--and Disneyland--can't be overstated. You hear Ward's influence everytime you hear, "Your attention PLEASE!..." Ward suggested the tone and cadence of that delivery. He also suggeste the colors that the engines wear today, and influenced myriad other things you see at the park every day.

The Lilly Belle--though Walt never saw the car in its current state--also represented something Walt once wanted--a private car.

The fact that both engine No. 5, the Ward Kimball, and the Lilly Belle were restored within months of each other is significant, and hopefully shows the direction the park is going to take on a going-foward basis in regards to its most treasured assets, attractions and history.

This is all worthy of special recognition.
                        Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 02-05-2006, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano

I'm expecting Michael Broggie to be in attendance, along with Tony Baxter (pretty much goes without saying). And I'm hoping that John Lasseter will be there as well!

For those of you who'll be attending this event... do you plan to congratulate John on the new deal, if you get the chance, and let him know how hopeful everyone is now feeling about Disney moving forward? Especially for WDI and the parks? (If I get the opportunity at a Pixar event I'm attending in two months, I'm definitely going to do so!)

:thumbup:
                          "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

i really wanted to go to this but i have a midterm that morning. so sad

Comment

I will likely go (depending on how tireddddd I am after V-Day ) and I will attempt to take photos (if I can find the memory card for the digicam)
                              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X