Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DL Resort Daycare/Babysitting services???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL Resort Daycare/Babysitting services???

My wife and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary during our trip to DL next month. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and the limited information we have read says the resort offers daycare/babysitting services. We thought it would be nice if we could have a few hours one evening to go to dinner, just the two of us, to celebrate our anniversary. We feel very awkward about leaving the rugrat with a total stranger but on the other hand we think... "it's Disneyland, it should be safe".

My question is... Does the resort offer these services and are they safe? What is the cost? Any insight anyone could pass along would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Nothing is "safe" in this world....but go ahead and do what you think is best! I personally have been tempted to do this, but have always talked myself out of it. I not a very trusting person when it comes to other people, Disney CM's or not.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

We're not very trusting either and certainly wouldn't do it unless we are 100% sure everything is safe. Even if we did decide use this service we wouldn't be any further than one of the restaurants at the resort and only for an hour or so. We wouldn't be out all night 50 miles away. This thread was started as part of the research process. That's why I want to know what others think. I especially would like to hear from people who have used these services.

Comment

I have not used any of the sevices but I have heard that they are fantastic, I heard from one woman in particular (on a diff board and I can't remeber which, sorry) that her kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave.

I would call Disney first to find out about restrictions (hotel guests only?, age restrictions, potty trained or are diapers ok? etc.)
        and go from there...

hope that helps somewhat
        procrastibating

Comment

I would definitely be interested in seeing if this was only offered to hotel guests- it would be a great option for parents to let their kids take a nap while they play a little.
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by JangoFett
            My wife and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary during our trip to DL next month. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and the limited information we have read says the resort offers daycare/babysitting services. We thought it would be nice if we could have a few hours one evening to go to dinner, just the two of us, to celebrate our anniversary. We feel very awkward about leaving the rugrat with a total stranger but on the other hand we think... "it's Disneyland, it should be safe".

My question is... Does the resort offer these services and are they safe? What is the cost? Any insight anyone could pass along would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

i forget the cost a i know its a lot.Good Luck.
            How old are your kids?
            :crazylegs

Comment

I called the hotel operator at 2 am..... I could not sleep.

At the Grand Califonia they have a Pinocchio's Workshop for kids 5-12.

$13 hour per child mim of 4 hours

So for 4 hours 1 child $52

Pinocchio's Workshop

Enjoy a night out and treat children ages 5-12 to an evening of arts and crafts, computer games, Disney movies, dinner and snacks with a caring, licensed supervisor in an environment created for them (available to Resort Hotel Guests; additional fee).

Reservations: 714 956-MICKEY (6425)
              Hotel Operator: 714 635-2300

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ionListingPage

Comment

Also the people who used it said it was okay The kids did have some fun but it was not worth the $.

Comment

I think it is well worth the money .. to have people watch your kids so you can have an ight alone. But then again I don't have any kids. But if I were visiting a far away place and needed to get away from the kids ... I'd do it ... no matter that cost. (remember I need to get away from the kids!)

Also, if you go the Guest Services desk at the grand they also (or they used to) have a list of nannies and baby siters who are around the area, who will come to your room and watch your kids for you or you take them to their house. ( i am not so sure about this one ... I am sure they are certified otherwise Disney wouldn't put their name to it, but I know guests who have taken their kids to Pinocchio's Workshop and raved about it!)

Comment

Darn!! My kid will only be 4 1/2 when we are there and there is no way I would leave her with someone like a private babysitter. I'm weary enough about the prospect of leaving her with Disney paid staff. Forget about someone who is simply on a "list". I guess we'll just have to wait until we get to Grandma's house late that week before we can have a few hours out to have dinner and a grown up conversation.

Thanks Crazy Legs for getting that detailed info.
                    Last edited by JangoFett; 03-19-2005, 08:05 AM.

Comment

You still may be able to get them in, at the hotel I work at they make exceptions for kids who are potty trained.... It never hurts to ask ... or lie :devil:
                      Originally posted by drunkmom
                      this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

my wife and I go alone sometimes, usually when grandma wants to have a sleep over with the kids, but I dont think I could just leave them on purpose to go to disneyland. seems kinda wierd
                        How much longer will it take
                        For the world to see.
                        We should learn to live
                        And simply let it be.
                        Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Comment

The whole point/excuse for this trip is for the young one. We couldn't just dump her with Grandma, who lives up near Fresno, and head to Anaheim by ourselves. Interesting thought though. :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by JangoFett
                            Darn!! My kid will only be 4 1/2 when we are there and there is no way I would leave her with someone like a private babysitter. I'm weary enough about the prospect of leaving her with Disney paid staff. Forget about someone who is simply on a "list". I guess we'll just have to wait until we get to Grandma's house late that week before we can have a few hours out to have dinner and a grown up conversation.

Thanks Crazy Legs for getting that detailed info.
                            No Problem

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X