Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much US currency does Disneyland accept?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How much US currency does Disneyland accept?

I might have a last minute trip right now and I don't have change for $100. Will they accept it anywhere inside Disneyland?

Re: How much US currency does Disneyland accept?

I'm not sure if everywhere would accept it, although if you went to City Hall I'm sure they would give you change.

Comment

I believe legally since it's legal tender, they have to. Whether certain vendors will have sufficient change to give you if your purchase is small is an entirely different matter. Could you not go to an ATM and deposit the hundred, then withdraw the same amount in smaller bills? It'd only take a couple of minutes to do.

Comment

Disneyland has enough cash they can make change for you. No worries.
        Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

I've used $100 bills with no problem to pay for items/meals that were over $25.00 with no problem. I wouldn't use one to pay for one pin or a churro, though.

I did have the CM check the bill with one of those pens & eyeball it (discreetly), so don't be surprised if they do check it before accepting it. Didn't bother me a bit.
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by theatremouse View Post
            I believe legally since it's legal tender, they have to. Whether certain vendors will have sufficient change to give you if your purchase is small is an entirely different matter. Could you not go to an ATM and deposit the hundred, then withdraw the same amount in smaller bills? It'd only take a couple of minutes to do.
            "Legal tender for all debts public and private" just means that the note is legal, not that a person or business is legally obliged to accept it for payment.

Comment

The only place within the parks you might have issues is if your trying to buy a $5 pop corn or other small items from an outside vendor, I can see these stands having limited change available, but anywhere else ticket windows, major gift shops, and food places should have sufficient change for that size bill.

I would not worry about at all, just stick with a major establishment within the park that is busy.

Comment

I'm sure any vendor will have the change. The question is only scrutiny for counterfits. Disney is too customer focused to not take high denomination notes as a rule of thumb. I'd wager it's a 'non-issue'

Comment

Total non-issue inside the Park.

As mentioned, the only place that might not take it, is one of the Vending Carts (Churro / Popcorn). Other than that, you can dole-out as many hundreds as you have... even on a Dole Whip!

Comment

I can vouch that a vending cart can take a $100 bill, but if you go there and buy a $4 bottled water first thing in the morning you're going to get all $5's for change.
                    Disneyland Cast Member
                    Outdoor Vending
                    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                      I can vouch that a vending cart can take a $100 bill, but if you go there and buy a $4 bottled water first thing in the morning you're going to get all $5's for change.
                      I can vouch for that. One of the most awkward transactions I've ever had was breaking a $100 on a poor young lady I just happened to hit up as she was waiting for change from someone *else* breaking a major bill on her. We both were VERY apologetic, and when the lead got there (assuming it was him, they stepped away from me as they probably should in these situations) we all got to be awkwardly apologetic about it together. Good times.
                      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

If it's cash, Disney will most certainly take it off your hands gladly.
                        No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Comment

Thousands of tourists drop $100 bills at every location in DLR every day, it's no big deal to them.

Comment

How much currency does Disneyland accept?

All of it!
                            Posted proudly from an Apple II+

Comment

Originally posted by Tshaman View Post
                              How much currency does Disneyland accept?

All of it!
                              THIS!!! Disney will gladly take every last cent I have.
                              Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
                              World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
                              My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
                              My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
                              My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                              My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
                              My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
                              My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                              My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
                              My October, 2011 Trip Report
                              My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X