Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are friends and family discounts off a list rate?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] are friends and family discounts off a list rate?

I was quoted a rate at the disneyland hotel for 2 nights of 1100. I let them know I had a friends and family discount. They told me they would take it off at check in once they saw the voucher.

It was a 40% off voucher, but we ended up getting charged $1000 for the two nights. When I called they said the regular rate was $752/night (or something like that) so they took 40% off 1500 instead of 40% off 1100.

Is this the normal way a friends and family discount works? It also never showed up on my bill anywhere.

Re: are friends and family discounts off a list rate?

Probably. At my hotel and all the one's I have worked at the friends and family rate was a discount off the rack rate for the stay, and not any promotional or other discount rate that might be offered at the time. So would not surprise me if Disney does the same and discounts the rack rate.

Comment

Yes, most F & F discounts that I know of are off the 'regular price' not off a discounted or special price. I'd assume Disney is the same.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

My family recently used a Friends and Family discount at the Grand Californian and even though we had a discount on the room (through my AP), the discount was taken off of the regular rate and my AP discount wasn't used at all.

And it didn't show the deal on our bill either. It just showed the rate as the discounted one.
        Disneyland Blog Posts: http://findingmyinnerbombshell.com/tag/disneyland/

Comment

thanks, its a bummer as i thought we would be paying 300/night and ended up paying 450/night. We barely used the club lounge but the service was excellent

Comment

I'm confused. Usually they don't adjust your rate once you reserve.

Still for the most part whenever I go through reservations the CMs have been pretty good at letting me know if I should use the F&F discount vs any other promos they may be running at the same time.

Comment

i didnt have the voucher so she said i should just bring it with me when I checked in. The vouchers could be up to 40% off. I assumed it was 40% off the rate she was quoting me not 40% of other unknown rate.

Comment

Originally posted by txdisney View Post
                i didnt have the voucher so she said i should just bring it with me when I checked in. The vouchers could be up to 40% off. I assumed it was 40% off the rate she was quoting me not 40% of other unknown rate.
                That's just odd cause when booking you reserve at the rate they quote with whatever discount you used. You don't need a voucher to book, just to check in. Your quote shouldn't have fluctuated unless you didn't put down a deposit to reserve your room.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X