X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcruise86
    replied
    Re: Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

Too safe.
    Give me that little ferris wheel on the north side of Knott's Camp Snoopy that is so old I worry we'll die. Give me a 20-second earthquake warning as my Mickey Fun Wheel cage is 20 seconds from the apex, with no chance of unloading for five minutes.

John Waters said, "I love roller coasters and will drive hundreds of miles to ride one if I've read that somebody has recently been killed on it! My fantasy death is to be on coaster that goes flying off the track into a crowded cotton candy stand."

Of course, I actually want it perfectly safe, but the fear can be fun. That's why some coasters have that subtle decapitation threat at the bottom of some hills. Part of the thrill of skiing and whitewater rafting for me is the actual danger mixed with the natural beauty, but I don't want that on rides--just the manipulated fear with unnatural beauty.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

I felt unsafe on Splash Mountain when a CM put three extremely overweight men about 300+ lbs each in the same log as my parents and I (both of them aren't necessarily skinny either) and noticed the water was about 4 inches from the top of the log a lot of the time. I kept having a vision of us going down a drop and then sinking because of the weight. Because of all of the weight we went down the drops a lot faster and got a lot wetter. By wetter I mean I looked like I jumped into a swimming pool fully clothed. I wrote an email to Disney after that trip and mentioned that incident and inquired about a weight limit per log and she said that shouldn't have happened and apologized. That hasn't prevented me from ever going on Splash Mountain again, though. I am just a bit more picky about which log I'm placed in.

Other than that I don't think I have ever felt like my life was in immediate danger or anything. I don't ride certain rides, like California Screamin', but that's just me being scared of rollercoasters in general. I think the incident at Six Flags wasn't the ride itself. It was just a freak accident involving the surrounding trees. Nothing you can really do about that except cut them all down.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Perfectly safe.

Leave a comment:

• ssaamm
    replied

Traveling in a car is more dangerous than any ride. Just about everything has a small unsafe aspect but you wouldn't be able to do anything in life if you avoid every single potential danger.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

What makes me feel unsafe at Disney has more to do with my own health restrictions rather than the safety of the attraction itself.
    considering the huge amount of people who have ridden each ride, the number of fatalities at Disneyland is very small.

Leave a comment:

• RemainSeatedPlz87
    replied

I have never felt unsafe on a Disney attraction

Leave a comment:

• CassiefRN
    replied

Baring a crazy accident, like the tree falling, is so random and unlikely that it doesn't affect how I feel about ride safety. Now if I was in that car when it happened...

Leave a comment:

• Witches of Morva
    replied

ORWEN: I never feel safe on any ride more thrilling than It's a Small World. You'll never catch me on Tower of Terror, for example.

ORGOCH: That's 'cause yer too dang big ta even FIT inside that thing!

ORWEN: And I have a little sister who should never feel safe after making nasty comments like that one...

(Sounds of crashings and smashings followed be a deadly calm...)

Leave a comment:

• tigga please
    replied

Im confident in my safety on rides as long as its not at a fair operated by a Carny. Ninja had a tree/large branch land on its track.

Leave a comment:

• poltergeist
    started a topic [Question] Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

With the recent accident at Six Flags Ninja ride, I was wondering how safe do you feel on Disney rides? I know that their safety records are excellent, but sometimes things happen out of human control. (I think the Six Flags accident involved a fallen tree branch)

Have you ever skipped a ride just because you didn't feel good about it?
Working...
X