Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poltergeist
    started a topic [Question] Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

With the recent accident at Six Flags Ninja ride, I was wondering how safe do you feel on Disney rides? I know that their safety records are excellent, but sometimes things happen out of human control. (I think the Six Flags accident involved a fallen tree branch)

Have you ever skipped a ride just because you didn't feel good about it?

• DisneyFan1
    replied
    Re: Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

Originally posted by Sarafina View Post
    The only time I feel kind of nervous is riding in the first car of Big Thunder. It's hard for me to feel 100% comfortable knowing the history. Other than that, I feel super safe.
    I can only ride in the back of that ride to feel 100% safe.

Leave a comment:

• figge411
    replied

Fact! You are more likely to be killed by pigs or a vending machine falling on you then by an attraction at a theme park... 😁

Leave a comment:

• GwenRowan
    replied

I had a kind of scare on Indiana Jones... I've probably told the story, long one... had to do with my seat belt not connecting, and another guest with the same problem, everyone working the ride seemed oblivious to the situation, all looking toward the people at the controls... even the cm standing next to the jeep never paid attention to the sitiation
    they moved the jeep up and we thought we were going to be sent into the ride unbelted...
    they did not handle it very well, after being moved closer to the entrance, I stood partially and called to them about the seat belt, they yelled back, "SIT DOWN" no conversation about knowing we were not strapped in
    CM standing next to us, still ignoring guests in jeep completely....
    they moved the jeep again the the guest in the row ahead of me got very upset (she was sitting at the side of the jeep)
    finally they seemed to get it...... like.... what? what? they say their seat belts won't work... what?

It really hit me that my safety was depending on people who may not be paying attention....

sadly

and there was not much of a response to my message to Disney about the Indiana thing
    like, thank you for your input.

But then La Brea Bakery was not interested in a food handling issue either

Leave a comment:

• GwenRowan
    replied

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I never feel safe on any ride more thrilling than It's a Small World. You'll never catch me on Tower of Terror, for example.

ORGOCH: That's 'cause yer too dang big ta even FIT inside that thing!

ORWEN: And I have a little sister who should never feel safe after making nasty comments like that one...

(Sounds of crashings and smashings followed be a deadly calm...)
    I agree, I haven't felt safe since that house fell on my sister

Leave a comment:

• denyuntilcaught
    replied

I'm still confused as to why someone felt so paranoid as to bring a weapon to a Disney park to begin with...

but I'm in agreement with others here, I feel totally safe on Disney attractions. However, riding in the front of Big Thunder does make me very nervous. Not to mention the locomotive is rather large and I'd prefer the open view of the back car.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    Things like that make you nervous? You might just live in the wrong state...
    Idiots make me nervous... anybody who leaves their gun on a ride is an idiot, and probably shouldn't be carrying one.

Leave a comment:

• Wall to Wall Creep
    replied

Originally posted by whoever View Post
    Safer than WDW. Heck.. you can leave your handgun on WDW attractions for future riders to discover.
    Things like that make you nervous? You might just live in the wrong state...

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Joshua Goodstein View Post
    If you don't act like a moron and disregard the safety instructions and your common sense, there is no reason to be afraid of getting hurt on a Disney attraction. Ones that constantly get packed up and moved around are a different story.
    The ceilings on BTMRR can indeed hurt you if you've got long arms and have them up. They cut those too close.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Goodstein
    replied

If you don't act like a moron and disregard the safety instructions and your common sense, there is no reason to be afraid of getting hurt on a Disney attraction. Ones that constantly get packed up and moved around are a different story.

Leave a comment:

• moregumboplease
    replied

Originally posted by Sarafina View Post
    The only time I feel kind of nervous is riding in the first car of Big Thunder. It's hard for me to feel 100% comfortable knowing the history. Other than that, I feel super safe.
    I must admit it was very eerie sitting in that first row when I rode it after the refurb during the AP preview a few months ago. That incident was in the back of my mind almost the entire time.

Besides that I do feel completely safe on every ride that I do go on. It is my own insecurity that keeps me off of spinning rides and dropping rides due to potential motion sickness factors that will ruin the rest of my visit.

Leave a comment:

• Chesire
    replied

Expedition Everest is the only one I feel nervous on -- mostly from fear of the backwards in the dark part, and the unstable Yeti.

Leave a comment:

• PinocchioGuy
    replied

I feel safe on Disney attractions. If there in fact was something obstructing a ride track Im sure a CM would stop the attraction because they have multiple people manning the cameras on each ride.

Leave a comment:

• PhonyKingOfEngland
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Safer than WDW. Heck.. you can leave your handgun on WDW attractions for future riders to discover.

Leave a comment:

• ScottG
    replied

I feel pretty safe anywhere in the park. But I also realize that just like air disasters, that safety has come at the cost of incidents where others have been hurt or killed.
    I think it would be short sighted to ever think that Disney has covered every possible scenario with every ride. Failure modes will cascade in unpredictable ways to make rides dangerous - if only by some very small chance.
    So I never let my guard down in as much as I don't do anything stupid or reckless to contribute to that potential.

Leave a comment:

• captain
    replied

No matter where I'm at, ferris wheels will always make me feel unsafe. I absolutely cringe whenever I go on the one at DCA. It's tall and it swings around, and absolutely makes me feel unsafe. Also, it's over water, which makes it worse.

Leave a comment:

• alphabassetgrrl
    replied

I feel safe pretty much everywhere. There are a few things and times which can make me a touch nervous, but not the rides at Disney.

Leave a comment:

• Mom kissed Walt
    replied

If I really stop to think about it for too long then, no I cannot say perfectly safe, because there have been deaths and, you are never in life completely safe, anywhere.

But I certainly feel more safe being there than getting there

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    The only time I've ever felt uncomfortable/unsafe in a ride at Disney was when our rocket on Space Mountain came to a stop (in the dark) and you could still hear the other rockets going around the track. While I knew there was no real danger here, it was still an uneasy feeling imagining another rocket colliding with ours.

Other than that, I have always had the most trust in any Disney attraction. Carnival rides on the other hand...
    They have linear brakes all over the place... in a complete power outtage, maybe I'd be concerned... in a random stop.. not so much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X