• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Experiment626
    This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Oct 2005

Celebrity sightings @ DLR

Anyone ever seen any types of celebrities at DLR?

I went there yesterday and saw the guy who played the brother on Everybody Loves Raymond. One tall dude.

I have also seen Travis Barker (from Blink 182) and his then-fiance (now wife) back in Spring '04. It was when his foot was broken, poor guy was wearing a big cast and in crutches. Saw him again inside the park, next to City Hall with a huge mob of people surrounding him for pictures and autographs. Felt sorry for him because he was in a dang cast and was obviously there to have fun.

Saw John Stamos last summer filming commercials for ABC & the Wonderful World of Disney.

And there were also the stars of some ABC primetime and daytime shows. George Lopez, Jim Belushi, Desperate Housewives, Kelly Osbourne, and etc...

My brother who worked for Kodak about 3 years ago saw Kobe Bryant who was hogging up Splash Mountain (sure likes to have things to himself, doesn't he?). He went on the ride continuously three-four times in a row causing a major back up for riders waiting in line.

Who have you seen?
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano
  • FI183
    Banned User
    • Jul 2005

Re: Celebrity sightings @ DLR

Ive seen Disney channel stars like Raven and Aly!

Comment

• Jackdack
      Man of Logic and Reason
      • Jan 2006

I've seen Art Linkletter own two different occasions. He was riding one of those personal scooter things.

Comment

• Experiment626
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jackdack
        I've seen Art Linkletter own two different occasions. He was riding one of those personal scooter things.
        Yeah, I forgot to mention I saw him at the 50th 7/17/05. :blush:

Comment

• tahoebob54
          Tom Chaney R.I. P.
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Experiment626
          Anyone ever seen any types of celebrities at DLR?

I went there yesterday and saw the guy who played the brother on Everybody Loves Raymond. One tall dude.

I have also seen Travis Barker (from Blink 182) and his then-fiance (now wife) back in Spring '04. It was when his foot was broken, poor guy was wearing a big cast and in crutches. Saw him again inside the park, next to City Hall with a huge mob of people surrounding him for pictures and autographs. Felt sorry for him because he was in a dang cast and was obviously there to have fun.

Saw John Stamos last summer filming commercials for ABC & the Wonderful World of Disney.

And there were also the stars of some ABC primetime and daytime shows. George Lopez, Jim Belushi, Desperate Housewives, Kelly Osbourne, and etc...

My brother who worked for Kodak about 3 years ago saw Kobe Bryant who was hogging up Splash Mountain (sure likes to have things to himself, doesn't he?). He went on the ride continuously three-four times in a row causing a major back up for riders waiting in line.

Who have you seen?
          when I was there in November, I saw all in one day Mick, Don, Minny, Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, Belle, Snow white, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell,

now who really cares about Travis Barker, John Stamos , George Lopez, Jim Belushi, Desperate Housewives, Kelly Osbourne, and Kobe Bryant

forgot one when i was at DL in the early 60's I saw Walt
          THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

• MissChristine
            Scentsy Minion
            • Apr 2005

saw most of the original mouseketeers...but that was for a mouseketeer event...

more recently, saw Ryan Cabrera and Skeet Ulrich.
            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

• Goofster
              DisneylandDan
              • May 2005

The last few times Ive went the tall guy from everyone loves raymond was there. Must be an ap holder.:ap:

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

• Experiment626
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by tahoebob54
                when I was there in November, I saw all in one day Mick, Don, Minny, Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, Belle, Snow white, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell,

now who really cares about Travis Barker, John Stamos , George Lopez, Jim Belushi, Desperate Housewives, Kelly Osbourne, and Kobe Bryant

forgot one when i was at DL in the early 60's I saw Walt
                Okay Walt is a good one...but the characters who are there everyday. C'mon...those don't count!

Comment

• KDR
                  • Dec 2005

Off the top of my head: Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, George Lucas, Christina Aguilera, Nichloas Cage, Jane Seymour, Mickey Rooney, Michael Anthony, Jim Belushi, Kelsey Grammar, Ray Bradbury, Colin Mochrie, Barry Bostwick.

FWIW, many of those (including the first three on the list) were sightings at DCA, not DL.

Comment

• mkyears
                    • Feb 2005

saw hurley from lost with his gf like a year ago

Comment

• ALIASd
                      Top Shelf!
                      MiceChat News Team
                      • Jun 2005

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• Experiment626
                        • Oct 2005

Thanks HD...

Anyway...forgot to mention that my dad saw Mohammed Ali back in the late 60s. Saw some old home movies a couple of weeks ago and he popped up on there.

Comment

• Chernabog
                          Earth Intruder
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by KDR
                          Barry Bostwick.
                          Woo woo did you shout *******! at him??? Heheh I saw Barry Bostwick at a Rocky Horror anniversary showing a few years back.

I haven't really seen too many famous people at the DLR. Tho Morrigoon and I did see Michael Jackson at DLP going on the Snow White ride with one of his kids (with a blanket over its head). It was really creepy -- they stopped the ride, all these suits walk onto the ride... and MJ gets on. We got the whole thing on video.

Creepy.
                          Last edited by dland_lover; 09-06-2011, 08:30 AM. Reason: Bypassing word filter. Word swapped out, per MiceChat rules.
                          I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                          sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

• Disneykat
                            For old time sake
                            • Apr 2005

I saw Danny Bonaduce and his family back in like Oct or November.
                            Katie :yea:
                            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• ~*~Aniko~*~
                              MiceChatter
                              • Apr 2005

pictures anyone?

Comment

• travelmom
                                Minion
                                • Feb 2005

I've seen countless celebrities at Disneyland throughout the years. Alas I never saw the great man himself in person. I'd trade them all for that.
                                I met MJ in 84(thriller), he was about the biggest celeb on the planet at that time. He was gracious to me, and posed for a picture with me. He was spapping pics of the kids(shudder)during a parade on Main Street. He just came out of a door, from one those buildings, and I was standing there. I was a huge fan at the time, I told him ABC was the first record I ever bought, and that we were the same age, and he really warmed up to me. I wish I could I still look at that picture the same way, but sadly I can't.
                                Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

• Experiment626
                                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ~*~Aniko~*~
                                  pictures anyone?
                                  I took one of John Stamos on my camera phone...have the pic on my "myspace" thingy... Any others I have seen...I only have photos from the ABC Primetime/Daytime Weekends...I clearly could have gotten a photo of the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond on Saturday but I hate the show and I didn't want to take one of him though. Although it was funny...he probably thought I was going to take one of him though because he was standing at the exit of the Astro Orbitor while his children were on the ride and I went up next to him to take a photo of the 50th Hidden Mickey on the ride.

Comment

• Alchimedes
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jan 2005

During Radio days at DL, Danny Bonnedeuce opened the park in Spring.

I have pictures of Paris Hilton when I was there the day after the meet on the Matterhorn and yes there were alot of suits and cameras.

Also some MC members at the park last night saw Whoopi Goldberg there last night. I was wondering if they she went to see "Golden Dreams" :ap:
                                    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-06-2006, 03:15 PM.
                                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• LuvsLilo
                                      So fetch
                                      • Sep 2005

I saw Dean Cain near the Jungle Cruise in 2002. He's such a cutie.

Comment

• Grumpy4
                                        Again! Again! Again!
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MissChristine
                                        more recently, saw Ryan Cabrera and Skeet Ulrich.
                                        I was with you when we saw Skeet! And he was hungry.

I have also seen Lisa Kudrow, Teri Hatcher, and Corbin Bernson. There have been others too, but I'm drawing a blank. And of course I've seen many many more at actual events (ABC Preview Weekend and DL Events). Always look for those Guest Relations people.
                                        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                                        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                                        I bring the magic!!!
                                        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                                        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                                        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X