Late to make my annual pass payment question?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torturedbys0litude
    New MiceChatter
    • Apr 2012

[Question] Late to make my annual pass payment question?

I bought my pass in March of 2014 and im 2 months late on making payments since ive been having some financial issues. I, illogically, was under the assumption that if I didn't pay eventually I would just be able to pay whatever lump sum I owed and that would be that but I looked in the spam section of my e-mail and found a message sent on July 7th saying I owed $96 and if I didn't pay within 7 days from that date it may be revoked but i'd still have to pay off the pass.

So my question is, will they revoke it? Have they revoked it already? If I talk to someone at the ticket office and explain is it 100% unlikely that they will not allow me to just pay what I owe and continue using my pass? I looked online but couldn't find anyone with a similar problem to mine. I literally had no idea they would revoke it, I thought i'd just be able to pay what I owed eventually.
    Last edited by moderator; 07-19-2014, 10:29 PM. Reason: Obscenity removed that was automatically filtered - use of adult language against site rules/FAQ.
  • BogLurch
    Inactive
    • Jun 2005

Re: Late to make my annual pass payment question?

I had a case where my pass was three months overdue before I realized it.

It was a gift pass, the person who gifted it to me put it on payment then moved, changed banks and forgot to update to the new account.

We straightened it out with one or two phone calls. Just give them a call, be polite, and it'll all likely work out.
    Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

• torturedbys0litude
      New MiceChatter
      • Apr 2012

Have to wait till Monday, tried to call right now but they're only available Mon-Fri. Hoping it all works out, im already in debt as it is so to have to pay this off and not even be able to visit the park? My mind will be blown.

Comment

• gary94080
        MiceChatter
        • May 2008

that seems odd. I would think they would block a pass if the payments were behind and I would understand if they would require full payment to restore the pass and possibly a processing fee. but if you went and paid, it seems like you should get your privileges back.

Comment

• aimster
          Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Something kind of similar happened to my WDW pass last year. The card I used for my monthly payments expired and though I got a new card, even though the numbers were the same, it of course had a different expiration date and security code. Discovered this at the park so they just had me go to Guest Services and they updated the system to reflect the new info, processed the payment I had missed as a result and I was good to go.

But your situation is definitely different. Like BogLurch said, just be polite when you explain what your situation is. Good luck!

Comment

• disdad
            MiceChatter
            • Oct 2011

Be honest with them and I am sure you won't have an issue. They will probably tell you what your options are so that it does not get revoked.

We bought annual passes in November a few years back and my wife got sick and couldn't travel. I rang them and explained the situation. I explained we did not know when we were going to be able to activate the passes and asked what my options were. They were very helpful and when we could travel over a year later we still were able to activate those passes. Disney was very accommodating and didn't even ask us to pay the difference in price increase which had occurred in that time.

As a company they were a pleasure to deal with and really helped alleviate some of the stress of the whole situation.

Comment

• BogLurch
              Inactive
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by torturedbys0litude View Post
              Have to wait till Monday, tried to call right now but they're only available Mon-Fri. Hoping it all works out, im already in debt as it is so to have to pay this off and not even be able to visit the park? My mind will be blown.
              With my experience I was informed that the pass was blocked until brought to current, and that if it were not paid off by the end of the annual pass period I would be blocked from renewing it and would be asked to purchase a new pass after paying off the old one.

Presumably, during this period you would be able to visit if you wanted to, you'd just have to pay the full ticket price to get in and wouldn't have access to your pass discounts, parking etc.

Your mileage may vary, this was about four years ago.

Comment

• superlarz
                MiceChatter
                • Mar 2013

If you get your payments up to date they will allow you to use your pass.

Comment

• PirateLover
                  I won't grow up!
                  • Jan 2012

Give them a call when you have the $$ to get your payments caught up. Trust me, with 500,000+ annual passports out there, you are not the only one who missed a few payments, and they deal with this all the time. They will be very helpfull and friendly when you call.

Comment

• ravencroft
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jul 2005

I wonder if these payment difficulties will taint the Disneyland experience. THe jokes about cynical jokes about car payments and repo-men come to mind. The disney brand managers never had to worry about how their customers will perceive their collection efforts.

Perhaps they can use Pete on their collection notices! Heh heh!
                    --
                    http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

• BogLurch
                      Inactive
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                      I wonder if these payment difficulties will taint the Disneyland experience. THe jokes about cynical jokes about car payments and repo-men come to mind. The disney brand managers never had to worry about how their customers will perceive their collection efforts.

Perhaps they can use Pete on their collection notices! Heh heh!
                      If Disney were aggressively pursuing the people in question that might be an issue. I found out mine was blocked by using it at the parks. I was even given a comp admission for the day once it was determined it was an error on behalf of the person who gifted me (I hadn't asked for it - I was polite, nice, a little sad but ready to head home and come back another day).

The person who gifted me later told me they found a pile of mail they hadn't been forwarded, including a few letters from Disney of a fairly benign nature.

I think I'd pay extra for every bill collector to be this bad.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X