Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rather fond of the Disney Gallery and Coke Corner.

Comment

Sit? What's That?

Probably the only time we Sit at the park is when we're on a ride - and you know how they frown on your eating on Those.

I WISH I had time to sit over on Tom Sayers Island. Nothing like being in the trees and watching the Mark Twain chuff by.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

the furthest table on the river at hungry bear, the courtyards in NOS. sometimes the rockers on the china cabinet porch. TSI isnt bad on the little dock opposite the mark.
        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
          Sit? What's That?

Probably the only time we Sit at the park is when we're on a ride - and you know how they frown on your eating on Those.

I WISH I had time to sit over on Tom Sayers Island. Nothing like being in the trees and watching the Mark Twain chuff by.

If you can do it *PLAN* for some down time at the park. Even if you miss an attraction of two...there is *nothing* like people watching at DL. That aside, just soaking in some ambiance, catching your breath, listening to the far off sounds of some Dixieland Band or the screams from the Matterhorn...it can be a very rewarding few minutes that you give yourself (and your family) before you jump back into the fray.
          ---Life's Too Short: Sing along---

Di by dee by deedee doh doh. De by diddi O!

Duitn Duitn Duitn Doo-bee-Doo. Dittin Duitin by dee be doh!

(thump, thump, thump, thump) heh_heh_heh_heh_heh

Comment

Originally posted by Alan-A-Dale
            If you can do it *PLAN* for some down time at the park. Even if you miss an attraction of two...there is *nothing* like people watching at DL. That aside, just soaking in some ambiance, catching your breath, listening to the far off sounds of some Dixieland Band or the screams from the Matterhorn...it can be a very rewarding few minutes that you give yourself (and your family) before you jump back into the fray.
            We do most of our people watching up close and in person when in the queues.
            When you only visit the Mouse every 4 years or so you don't have the same luxury as those of you who live in SoCal. We don't run from attraction to attraction, so we do get a lot of the Disney flavor. Our feelings are that we can sit and relax after the park closes - meanwhile there's things that need to be seen!
            I know it's a bitter divide over that issue, leisurely vs commando style theme park visits. I'd have to say we're somewhere in the middle.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

I know what you mean Momzilla- we used to be the same way when we went- but after I worked there and got my AP, we always made some time in the afternoon to just sit somewhere and enjoy the ambiance. It is very rewarding and something I missed out on doing as a child since my mom was very commando-style at the park (we never even did Tiki, until I was 18- nothing that wasn't a ride!) I would advise trying it next time- even if it is taking a ride on the MT and chilling out, or getting ice cream and relaxing on main street for a half hour or so- I promise you can afford thr time and I bet it will be one of you and your kids better memories there
              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
              Help support the site you love:
              -Visit the MiceChat store
              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Sit relax try the snoozberries, they taste like real snoozeberries! Ha ha

No seriously though Disney has these little knocks, corners and allies worth exploring and its a shame not to visit them. Trying a dole whip float for the first time. watch the guys in the mainstreet gallery who paint tiny little pictures on the watchs, studying the fudge makers as the cut the fresh delights, the joy of watching the gifted surgeons stich your name on a pair of mouse ears...

But I must say the most over-looked little shoppee in the park is that heraldry shop in the castle. Most people never take the time to stick there head in and look in to there family past. Take some time next time you visit the park to find your family crest.

Comment

I agree- I couldn't find my maiden name there, but that is not a surprise. Next time I go I am going to look for my married name

Oh and HA! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                    I agree- I couldn't find my maiden name there, but that is not a surprise. Next time I go I am going to look for my married name

Oh and HA! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!
                    I am so excited for the Tim Burton version- despite begin very very very different from the original it will be more true to the original book and pick up more on the thread of the Vicious Kinid (I might have misspelled that). Anyways Burton, Elfman and Deep are a great combo. As well as the production design staff and let us not forget the young boy playing Charlie whose performance in Finding Neverland deserved an Oscar nomination!

Comment

Wait, I was thinking of Super Troopers. I forgot about that line being from Charlie and the Chocolate Facotry. But I am excited about the Burton remake. Depp and the kid were fantastic together in Neverland and Depp looks wonderfully creepy as Wonka.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                        But I must say the most over-looked little shoppee in the park is that heraldry shop in the castle. Most people never take the time to stick there head in and look in to there family past. Take some time next time you visit the park to find your family crest.
                        Ohh, they never have my name. Never found a family crest... not even my first name on a keychain. So sad. I've given up on finding my name. Who am I? Where am I?....
                        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                        Marge: Pink.
                        Homer: D'oh!
                        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

well, what do ya expect with a name like "cuzco-topia"

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                            well, what do ya expect with a name like "cuzco-topia"
                            Boom Baby!
                            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

Is your "real" name Bort? Cause if it was they would have ALL kinds of stuff with your moniker on it. :lol:

ahhh.... I kill me

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

We need more BORT license plates in the gift shop...I repeat we need more BORT license plates in the gift shop....

Comment

LOL. These "family crest" shoppes are so cheezy. Anyone who has done any heraldic studies can point out the plethora of errors in their family history search... It's pretty bad, usually. It always looks great, as long as you're not too terribly concerned with accuracy...
                                  Honor those who fall under the sword.
                                  But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                                    Ohh, they never have my name. Never found a family crest... not even my first name on a keychain. So sad. I've given up on finding my name. Who am I? Where am I?....
                                    My memory of going there is that the first couple times you step in there and try to find it, they won't. Eventually after trooling through databases it will appear and it takes time. That said it should also be noted that never every family had or has a crest and that a lot a lot a lot of people changed there names while traveling to the states so therefore it may in face not be plausable to find your crest.

You may ask older relatives if they know if it was changed, I spent a lot of time doing genealogy research for my family so I find interviewing older relatives helps focus your search.

Comment

*derail* Would you say we had a plethora of pinatas?
                                      *end derail*

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                                        LOL. These "family crest" shoppes are so cheezy. Anyone who has done any heraldic studies can point out the plethora of errors in their family history search... It's pretty bad, usually. It always looks great, as long as you're not too terribly concerned with accuracy...
                                        They use a national database bud. Our family crest and information was spot on and I have done exstensive research into my genealogy and was extrodinarily impressed with the assistance I received from the crest shoppe at Disneyland.

Comment

My memory of going there is that the first couple times you step in there and try to find it, they won't. Eventually after trooling through databases it will appear and it takes time. That said it should also be noted that never every family had or has a crest and that a lot a lot a lot of people changed there names while traveling to the states so therefore it may in face not be plausable to find your crest.

You may ask older relatives if they know if it was changed, I spent a lot of time doing genealogy research for my family so I find interviewing older relatives helps focus your search.
                                          This is true if your family came from certain european decent. I don't believe some countries did this. I could be wrong, but I have a heck of a time finding anything from Greece.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X