This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Club 33 Turducken!

Alrighty, Club 33 is attempting to redirect their menu slightly South, all the way to New Orleans to be precise.
    So, in keeping with the theme, how about for the holidays a nice, juicy turducken? I might actually eat in the main dining room for that, and I don't mean a 'tasting' or the 'essence of turducken' or a 'deconstructed turducken' or their famous 'sampling', but the real deal. A true Southern holiday meal, no corners cut, everything first class!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	turducken.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	7375483

Re: Club 33 Turducken!

Personally, I don't think I want to eat anything that has "turd" in it.
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I've had these a couple times at friends/family's houses at Thanksgiving. I wouldn't make one for my family and I wouldn't ever order it at a restaurant. It's just not my cup of tea.
      "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
        Personally, I don't think I want to eat anything that has "turd" in it.
        I"m sitting here laughing at my key board, that was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
          I've had these a couple times at friends/family's houses at Thanksgiving. I wouldn't make one for my family and I wouldn't ever order it at a restaurant. It's just not my cup of tea.
          Yes, it's an acquired taste but most definitely a true NOLA treat!

Comment

the problem with turducken is that the cook time of each of the types of poultry is just a little different. I think a take on turducken could be good (deconstructed as it were).

Ill take a good dark gumbo any day. By the way you guys dont have *any* good gumbo in california. We barely have any in texas and we border LA. If you think you have a candidate let me know so I can try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by txdisney View Post
              the problem with turducken is that the cook time of each of the types of poultry is just a little different. I think a take on turducken could be good (deconstructed as it were).

Ill take a good dark gumbo any day. By the way you guys dont have *any* good gumbo in california. We barely have any in texas and we border LA. If you think you have a candidate let me know so I can try it out.
              You're right, we really have no quality gumbo here in So Cal.
              Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD has a gumbo, but they serve it to you in something which looks like a cat food can and they dump it into a large bowl at your table. The portion is very, very small and while it's actually not too bad, it's definitely now what get in NOLA.
              It'll do when nothing else is available

Comment

Originally posted by David A View Post
                You're right, we really have no quality gumbo here in So Cal.
                Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD has a gumbo, but they serve it to you in something which looks like a cat food can and they dump it into a large bowl at your table. The portion is very, very small and while it's actually not too bad, it's definitely now what get in NOLA.
                It'll do when nothing else is available
                Jazz kitchen in DTD is exactly what I think about when I think about bad gumbo

There is a place called boiling crab that has very good boiled crawfish. Their oysters on the half shell are mediocre but I still get them. I havent bothered to try their gumbo, but it might be good considering how good their crawfish are (crawfish are small right now because the season is over so they are mediocre at the moment).

Comment

Originally posted by txdisney View Post
                  Jazz kitchen in DTD is exactly what I think about when I think about bad gumbo

There is a place called boiling crab that has very good boiled crawfish. Their oysters on the half shell are mediocre but I still get them. I havent bothered to try their gumbo, but it might be good considering how good their crawfish are (crawfish are small right now because the season is over so they are mediocre at the moment).
                  Thanks for the heads up! It must be difficult to find crawfish locally, it's nice to see they're going the extra mile to keep things authentic.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Name:	turducken.jpg
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	7356598

Comment

DavidA, your artistic endeavors are delightful!

But not enough to make me eat 'Turdchicken' (copyright my (then) 8 yr old son) again.

My brother (who roasted the aforementioned bird(s) one year) makes a damn fine gumbo. He's actually a really good cajun chef, but only when he 'feels like it'. Which isn't often enough to suit us!!
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

With the tiny portions club 33 now gives out, I don't think they could cut it thin enough to give you one ounce of turducken.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          With the tiny portions club 33 now gives out, I don't think they could cut it thin enough to give you one ounce of turducken.
                          Actually, you're 100% correct.
                          They would call it a 'sampling'
                          Of course, they could always release some turkeys and chickens on Tom Sawyer Island (the ducks are already there) and call it a 'deconstructed turducken'. Some assembly required. Hey, anything to save money and increase profit.

Name:	turducken_by_johansrobot-d5lqr54.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	7356612

Comment

Sorry, I'm still on my turducken kick and yes, I would love to see it served in the club for the holidays. Hey, if you're want a restaurant to be authentic NOLA, you simply must have turducken!)

Comment

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X