Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally have my official 2015 Disneyland trip dates!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] I finally have my official 2015 Disneyland trip dates!!

Hi MiceChatters! I have been a member for a little bit now, but only an occasional poster. Living in Oregon, I don't get to go to Disneyland too often, so I like to go all out on the whole trip, from planning to execution. This morning I was able to get confirmation that our trip will be February 21-March 3, 2015, and we will be in the park Feb 23 (my 33rd birthday!!) until Feb 27. We are going to stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn, which I am supet excited to say is right across the street! I have never been in February, and I am hoping that some of you might be able to tell me what to expect (weather, waits, possible closures...). Also, this will be our first family vacation with all 3 of our kids (my 2 boys and my husband's son), so we want to make it special!

Our last Disneyland trip was last November, which was AMAZING with all the Holiday stuff going on, and I can't wait to experience my happy place in a different season!!

AngiMouse
    AngiMouse

Re: I finally have my official 2015 Disneyland trip dates!!

Congrats on your trip.
    That's our favorite hotel in the area. It has the best free breakfast and the nicest heated pool. We'll be there starting Nov 2nd for five days. Our first trip in nearly three years!

Comment

Super congratulations. Anticipating a trip is almost as fun and excitiong as the visit itself!
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Hi ScottG and Ride Warrior!

Thanks for the replies! I have heard nothing but great things about the Anaheim Inn, and it is great to hear that their breakfast is good because we will be traveling with 2 pre-teen and 1 teenage boys who eat non-stop if I will let them.

And yes, antipating is almost as fun as the trip!! :-)
        AngiMouse

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
          Congrats on your trip.
          That's our favorite hotel in the area. It has the best free breakfast and the nicest heated pool. We'll be there starting Nov 2nd for five days. Our first trip in nearly three years!
          Nice to see that your returning to Disneyland. I hope your vacation is really great in every way.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Agreed, Barbaraann!
            AngiMouse

Comment

Feb is the wet month, though it usually rains for a couple of days to reach the high totals. so watch the weather to see if it rains before your arrival, if not, arrive prepared for perhaps a wet day.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I kind of wondered if that wouldn't be the case. We are from Oregon, so I think we can deal with that. :-). From what I can tell it looks like the crowds should be pretty light, which is awesome!

I am curious about having breakfast at the Plaza Inn on my birthday (Mon, 2/23). How early in the morning are reservations available? The park opens at 10 probably, and I dont want to miss any of my time there.
                AngiMouse

Comment

Is that the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn? I am thinking of booking a stay there for next July for our anniversary/4th holiday. Is it a nice hotel? (sorry for the hijack)

As for the Plaza Inn Breakfast, I usually get the first sitting, which when the park opens early is usually about 45 minutes before the park opens. Frankly, I recommend it. That way you finish breakfast with the park about to open or just opened. I did it with my then almost 3 year old daughter, and she got tons of character time, all of breakfast and when we were done w strolled into the just opened park and off for the day. You are allowed in early with the MM crowd to make the ressie. Really made it great, because then we felt we didn't miss out on the shorter morning lines. I suggest calling Disney dining and ask if they know when the first seating during off season hours is. you can reach them at (714) 781-(3463).
                  “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

I did the Plaza Inn for breakfast, years back, and it really is nice to be in the park that early. There are lots of characters. It was a lot of fun for me, and I had fun watching all the children/guests present there celebrating birthdays.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Congrats on your trip! The Plaza Inn breakfast is one of my favorites in the whole resort. Lots of good food to choose from.

I've been in February before and from what I remember the crowds were pretty light but I think we did get rained on just a bit, but it was no big deal.

Comment

Hello!
                        Congrats on booking a family trip to Disneyland! You will have a great time. I am a passholder living in California and I go every chance I get. Here are a couple pieces of advice:
                        1. If a line is too long, try the single riders line. It will help you get on the line faster. However, parties may be separated. If you want to go as a family, get a FastPass, a ride slip that allows you to come back to the ride at a certain time and cut the line. Very convenient.
                        2. Do as much as possible. Disneyland has a lot to offer, but go to both parks and Downtown Disney. That way when you leave, you won't wish you would have done something else.
                        3. Take lots of pictures. The memories will always be there, but images will eventually fade away over time. Take vivid pictures.
                        4. Look for hidden mickeys! Hidden mickeys are little shapes of Mickey Mouse that appear in various rides and shows. If you look online or buy a book, you'll be able to find several hidden mickeys.
                        Hope my advice helped ya!
                        -Critterintoontown
                        When you wish upon a star, your dreams (wishes your hearts make) come true. So go and have a supercalifragilistic zip a dee doo dah day with no worries (Hakuna Matata). Why should you worry? Why should you care? Just travel to the second star to the right and let it go. Have an unbirthday party under the sea. Go the distance, somewhere out there and just look for the bare necessities. In this whole new world, remember the tale as old as time: it all started with a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                          Nice to see that your returning to Disneyland. I hope your vacation is really great in every way.
                          Thanks Barbaraann, I have a feeling this will be a great trip!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X