Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you join Club 33 if the opportunity arose?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Would you join Club 33 if the opportunity arose?

Alright gang, here's the big question, please play along and give your honest opinion:
    Let's say that a large volume of the original gold and silver members quit Club 33 in 2015, which is actually very likely.
    A large number of openings become available and you just received your pretty blue and gold invitation in the mail.
    You open it up and reality smacks you in the face. Now is the time to join. Do you?

Membership Initiation $25,000.00
    First years dues, based on 2015 estimated prices $14400.00
    Total $39,400.00

Access through the new Art Nouveau Club 33 door is but a check away!

What would you do? Join, not join, gather a group of friends and pool your money, possibilities are endless but you have to act quickly as memberships may not last long!

Tick...Tick...Tick...

Re: Would you join Club 33 if the opportunity arose?

No way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks would I join Club 33. It's too corporate and I could spend all that money on something more valuable.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Holy fish paste, that's how much it costs?! No way in hell would my husband agree to that!
      Just a lurker now. ._.

WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
      Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

Comment

I have never been overly impressed with the food and service at the club, good? Yes. Amazing? No. The alluring part of C33 has always been the history for me, and that mostly died in the remodel, and took some of NOS with it..

I'm sure the new club will build a history of its own, I'm just not willing to take the gamble to finance it.

Comment

If it were like it was 30 years ago then yes for sure.

Comment

No.

Comment

Maybe if I was financially well off and in a dream world, but in reality no. It would take over 2 years of salary just to join assuming I didn't spend one penny those 2 years...

But re-thinking even if I had the money, I'd rather put it towards something more enjoyable like traveling, or a nice huge aquarium in my living room, I honestly do not think I would enjoy the club as fancy food isn't my thing.

Comment

No. In reality, I don't have anywhere near the discretionary income required for that. But even if I did have the money readily available to spend, I wouldn't do it. There's no debate there for me. The idea of dropping that kind of cash simply so I can eat dinner at a private club just doesn't appeal to me (and yes, I know there are perks with 33 too...I'm not really too keen on any of them). Plus, I'm not particularly a foodie so the type of cuisine they serve at 33 doesn't appeal to me.

If I had that kind of cash to spend on leisure every year I would be taking lots and lots of trips around the world, I'd have front row seats at every concert I want to see, I'd finally have my very own painting studio, etc.
                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

If my name came up on the list I'd join in a second without hesitation.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Is this in some alter-reality where I'm obscenely wealthy? If so, then yeah. But in this current world there is no way I could afford those prices.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
                      I have never been overly impressed with the food and service at the club, good? Yes. Amazing? No. The alluring part of C33 has always been the history for me, and that mostly died in the remodel, and took some of NOS with it..

I'm sure the new club will build a history of its own, I'm just not willing to take the gamble to finance it.
                      After 30 days of rain on "summer vacation" I'd probably join a gypsy caravan for amusement, but...no. I agree with DownwiththeTide.

Comment

Living on a student loan definitely not!

Although if I had the money and was living comfortably enough and could easily afford it then I would.

Comment

If I had enough discretionary income to warrant that type of purchase, I would most likely do it.

Comment

It is a moot point for me as well, since there is nothing even remotely close (or frankly in the same reality) to that kind of discretionary money to spend. And the fantasy of having large sums to be able to join such things sounds wonderful, for now I work in the world where we budget for everything and make things work.
                            “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

If it were up to me alone, absolutely! It would be a BIG initial 'chunk-o-cash' that I would have to budget and replace, but I could afford the yearly dues, although it would change my leisure plans to being pretty much Disney-centric. I'm totally OK with that!

But since I have to consider DH in the equation, the answer in reality would have to be no. It would be one thing to restrict just my own leisure activities to pretty much 95% Disney, but I couldn't ask DH to do so.
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X