Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What Would Walt Do?" Opinions? Experiences?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] "What Would Walt Do?" Opinions? Experiences?

A few years ago the official Disney magazine ran a story about the website:

WWWD - What Would Walt Do Welcome Page
    ______
    Rachane

Re: "What Would Walt Do?" Opinions? Experiences?

By way of followup ...

I emailed these same questions to WWWD's "contact us" link. Next day a very pleasant and detailed letter from "Tom", who is apparently the CEO of the company operating WWWD.

He says that the pins are not plastic, but metal with fired-enamel faces. I'll grant that; it's been some years since I ordered them.

However they are very small, as I remember about he size hey appear on the website. I still don't see them as $20 items.

The bigger, and still deal-killer-for-me-anyway, is that the Cast Member nomination and nominee viewing parts of the WWWD website simply don't work. Either you can't go there, or when you do the screen is all misaligned and the text jammed up.

I told Tom about this, so that he can check into it. I'm using Safari as a browser, and sometimes it doesn't dance with certain websites.

I still very much like the original idea of a tangible way to show on-the-spot appreciation to Cast Members who are especially impressessive. But at $20 a pin and a frozen nomination system, I'll hold off on WWWD.
    ______
    Rachane

Comment

We have always tried to go to Guest Relations and leave comments when a CM has been particularly great. I really like the idea of the pin and online nomination thing, though I agree, at $20 the pin is a bit much. Using Firefox the CM experience form works. I never knew this site existed, love it, thank you for the link.

Comment

Interesting site. I wouldn't mind getting just one of the pins.
        Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

Comment

If [at least using Safari] you experienced one of the jammed-up pages, refreshing the page seems to clear it up. I've passed this along to Tom.

This solved, the system seems to be working as it should. Sticking point for me is just the high price ($20) per pin. Of course I grew up in the 50s-60s and was imprinted with [good quality] $20 shoes, $5 neckties, $50 suits, and $4K Pontiac GTOs. Don't remember Disneyland admission prices, and those were also A-E coupon book days.

Good idea about just going to Guest Relations to commend a CM. Doesn't cost $20, and the results get official notice, whereas who knows who looks at the WWWD website and reads the accounts?
          ______
          Rachane

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X