X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atavuss
    replied
    Re: Matt's August, 2014 Solo Trip Report.... dubbed "The Club Tour"

Excellent trip reports with outstanding pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Love the pics!
    Thanks!!!! I so enjoyed myself it was a MAGICAL experience all around...

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    You captured the very essence of The Haunted Mansion in your photos.
    Thanks... I'm not happy with a few of them. I made some sensor noise more apparent in post-processing (give and take between exposure and noise). I guess I was just shooting at the limits of my hardware for a few of those shots or I should have TRIED for a longer shutter (unlikely I could have held the camera still enough).

Leave a comment:

• Great Movie Rider
    replied

You captured the very essence of The Haunted Mansion in your photos.

Leave a comment:

• FolsomFan
    replied

I really enjoyed your pictures because some of them are from different perspectives. I also enjoy how crisp and clear they are. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Malcon10t
    replied

Love the pics!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Last edited by whoever; 08-22-2014, 06:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    I still have the chocolate AND the sugar stick that came with the espresso! I vacuum-wrapped them! LOVE the FoodSaver! Ha.

Can't wait for the next installment, Matt!
    Our waiter actually saw me getting all giddy over one of the cocktail stirrers and put together a bag with stirrers, napkins, anything with the logo on it and gave it to me haha

Leave a comment:

• RegionsBeyond
    replied

Great report and photos, very enjoyable to read about your experiences - thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I finally threw away the chocolate squares I got from Club 33 when we moved houses. It was so stale, but I could never bring myself to eat it!

I did save the wrappers for my photo albums, though.

Anxiously awaiting your next installment!!!
    I still have the chocolate AND the sugar stick that came with the espresso! I vacuum-wrapped them! LOVE the FoodSaver! Ha.

Can't wait for the next installment, Matt!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Btw, recently I noticed that in the DCA CoC they actually have a picture of Walt on the wall where he is holding a cigarette!!!
    I wonder if that is the same pic which hangs in the CCR waiting area. Is it where he's coming out of a premier of one of his shorts?

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Originally posted by whoever View Post
    Just the little chocolate square so far and it is complimentary. I'm sort of surprised Disney is passing up another revenue opportunity. Just wait for the next to installments... it gets even better....
    I finally threw away the chocolate squares I got from Club 33 when we moved houses. It was so stale, but I could never bring myself to eat it!

I did save the wrappers for my photo albums, though.

Anxiously awaiting your next installment!!!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Loving the photos!! It was probably a good thing they didn't have any 1901 branded souvenirs when I visited, as I would've bought a ton. I absolutely love that lounge!
    Just the little chocolate square so far and it is complimentary. I'm sort of surprised Disney is passing up another revenue opportunity. Just wait for the next to installments... it gets even better....

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Loving the photos!! It was probably a good thing they didn't have any 1901 branded souvenirs when I visited, as I would've bought a ton. I absolutely love that lounge!

Leave a comment:

• Steveman
    replied

Nice trip report, and some great photos. I plan on doing my first ever solo visit a week from this Saturday, hope I have as good a time as you seemed to have had.

Leave a comment:

• amanda.collishaw
    replied

Beautiful pictures once again! So envious of your visit to 1901.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

I left the Paradise Pier area about 15:48 and wandered around for a bit before heading over to DL. I had some Juju to get to finding. Hit the DL gate at 16:35 and proceeded to Adventureland. As my last nametag has lost its adhesive, I decided to get a new one and a new name to go with it. I was promptly dubbed... Mumbai Matt. Empowered with my new moniker, I quickly whipped out my map, grabbed my rubbing pencil, and headed for the unearthed stone on a crate over by the Indy queue. A rubbing later, I had translated the first clue... it lead me to Aladdin's Oasis where I spotted the second maker... A quick translation later had me at the Indiana Jones Adventure outpost sticking my hand into dark recesses... only to find... no Juju... had I got it wrong? Was there another clue? No, the Juju just hadn't been replenished (it was quickly taken care of). And I had it.. the Juju of knowledge.

Empowered by the new knowledge, I thought I would take a crack at the piranha Juju...a quick to trip to the dock, some tests, a joke or two over the speaker, and I had it!! I also remembered I had asked for a map of the Jungle Rivers every time and they were always out... this was my lucky day it would appear as I received that coveted piece of Disneyana as well. It was turning into a very fortuitous day. I tried for some Venomade and the snake Juju only to find it sold out for the day, so that would have to wait.

Being that it was now 17:15, I decided to go for the Parrot Juju... a Dolewhip, and a trip through the Tiki room had me stocked picture-wise to retrieve it. Imagine my dismay upon returning to claim it and being told they wanted NEW candidates to JOIN the Tiki room. I had misunderstood the clue... the Tiki Gods took pity on me and awarded me my Juju anyway. I headed up Tarzan's tree to try to find all the rocks for the Tree Juju to perform magic on, and only happened across the one at the base of the tree over by the river next to the Pirate's queue. The magic was weak apparently this late in the afternoon... I got some interesting sound and nothing else...Ah well... it was 18:05, and I had a serious hankerin' for some Haunted Mansion..

999 happy haunts... always room for one more...

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet Spanky
    replied

So glad you had a great time - and are sharing it with us all!
    So OK, number 3 pet peeve is runners in the parks (yeah, they annoy the hell out of me, too), probably #1 is flash photography in dark rides? (terrible that CMs do nothing about it - especially when they are blinding other guests, although I do have to admit that I've gotten so pissed off about it that I finally decided to flash back on at least one occasion :shy, #2 is?

I knew about the 2 finger point, had actually been trained in it years ago where I used to work (they had someone from Disney come in for the day and do some personnel training) ... to this day I automatically never point with one finger (it would feel weird) - but we were taught that a full flat hand gesture in the proper direction was also acceptable. I never heard about the 2 finger point originating with airbrushed Walt photos, though! Btw, recently I noticed that in the DCA CoC they actually have a picture of Walt on the wall where he is holding a cigarette!!!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR and photos!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

I made my way to one of my favorite watering holes in DCA, Cove Bar. There was a line at the hostess extending beyond and behind Donald's photo spot. Being that I was a single individual and not really picky about who I'm sharing a bar with, I asked the hostess to seat me at the soonest opportunity, which she did a moment later. Now despite having read/heard/seen/smelled the lobster nachos, and have never actually had them, so one order of those and an order for a Tower 10 IPA was placed. I think they gave me somebody else's order because I hadn't taken but one or two sips of my beer and the nachos were out. You can see that I also didn't really stop to drink the beer while eating they were so GOOD. I'm sure if I looked at the timestamps on those pics, only a few minutes had elapsed... my gosh did I enjoy those nachos.

While I was sitting there, I looked up and saw this:

I have to say... it was true... THAT is Disney magic. Not a care in the world...Took my time, relaxed a little, then headed over to Screamin' at 15:30. SR was walk-on. Ended up riding it twice in a row...

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

After I left the club, my host and I said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I was a bit at a loss as to what to do, but being I was so close to Cars land, I headed over to Radiator Springs Racers. I hit the single rider line, and it was walk-on. I was literally in my car pulling away from the platform 5 minutes after stepping out of 1901... what a treat. It was a fun ride as always, but we lost... Given that I HATE losing, I jumped right back in SR line..... and lost again... By the time I got off the ride for the second time, it was 1403 and I was getting hungry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X