Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Matt's August, 2014 Solo Trip Report.... dubbed "The Club Tour"

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's August, 2014 Solo Trip Report.... dubbed "The Club Tour"

• whoever
    replied
    Re: Matt's August, 2014 Solo Trip Report.... dubbed "The Club Tour"

Put up my Cars Land lighting video...

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
    Your pics really grab ones attention, it seems like you get a little different perspective and not just the usual subject matter (though that's always good too!). What ever it is, it works!
    Thanks!!! I think its moreso my ability to just take my time and observe my surroundings. When I'm at the park with the family, its always rush, rush, rush, so no time to just wander around taking it all in (and photographing as such).

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    The tiki mugs are awesome. I had the shipwreck on the rocks on June trip and i hope to either have the HippopotoMai-Tai or the Krakatoa Punch. How did the Krakatoa Punch taste? Heck i might even have both.
    The Shipwreck tasted like pretty much straight bourbon. I don't know that they put much else in mine. I really liked my Krakatoa. The Mai-tai was great as well, but between the two... the Krakatoa would be my preference. Try the Mosquito Mojito if you get a chance. That was one of my favs even if it didn't come with a glass.

Awesome pictures and i am wondering what kind of a camera you use as well as the type of lens. I am looking to getting a DSLR next year or next and the photos you took are mind blowing. Awesome trip report

I shoot a D600 body, and when I'm going with a single lens (like I did on the past few trips), I'm shooting my Nikkor 24mm/f1.4

The body has really dropped in price in the year and a half I've owned it (which most camera bodies tend to do). The glass... I could sell it for nearly what I paid I'm sure. Most high-end glass doesn't depreciate.

You can find each on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-FX-Format-Digital-Camera-MODEL/dp/B0099XGZXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408937156&sr=8-1&keywords=d600+body+only

Amazon.com : Nikon 24mm f/1.4G ED AF-S RF SWM Prime Wide-Angle Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by cinderella2u View Post
    Your pictures practically make me want to cry with joy, jealousy and nostalgia. Geez!
    So glad I could do something which brought you such joy.

We went in April, it was my first time in 18 years and we already have another trip planned to go back this October, taking our 4 year old to a Mickey's Halloween party. Your TR got me very excited!!!!
    That is AWESOME news!!! We are doing our week-long family vacation in October as well and a MHP as well. It should be GREAT!!! We haven't been to DLR at Halloween since 2011.

And lucky wife you have, I'm going to have to show my husband this as a hint....
    Not quite so lucky. I work a LOT, so whatever I can do to sweeten her day I do.

Leave a comment:

• ScottG
    replied

Your pics really grab ones attention, it seems like you get a little different perspective and not just the usual subject matter (though that's always good too!). What ever it is, it works!

Leave a comment:

• TDRFAN25
    replied

The tiki mugs are awesome. I had the shipwreck on the rocks on June trip and i hope to either have the HippopotoMai-Tai or the Krakatoa Punch. How did the Krakatoa Punch taste? Heck i might even have both. Awesome pictures and i am wondering what kind of a camera you use as well as the type of lens. I am looking to getting a DSLR next year or next and the photos you took are mind blowing. Awesome trip report

Leave a comment:

• cinderella2u
    replied

Your pictures practically make me want to cry with joy, jealousy and nostalgia. Geez!

We went in April, it was my first time in 18 years and we already have another trip planned to go back this October, taking our 4 year old to a Mickey's Halloween party. Your TR got me very excited!!!!

And lucky wife you have, I'm going to have to show my husband this as a hint....

Leave a comment:

• chadb14
    replied

Great trip report - thanks for sharing with all of us.

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

I bought some Body Glide for dapper day! Haha

Leave a comment:

• Treasure
    replied

great TR.....

Leave a comment:

• Malcon10t
    replied

Originally posted by whoever View Post
    The cause of this was the humidity. Moisture causes fabrics such as socks to bunch up and irritate. I just over did it, and heck, I WAS wearing dress shoes (I do this every time at DLR without previous consequence, but I've never gone in August).
    Body Glide... Works great even for this.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    If you haven't heard of it, next time try 'Body Glide' to prevent blisters. It's really great. BFF used it for shoes that rubbed and her daughter used it for a flip-flop strap that was irritating her foot. Worked like a charm. No blisters or 'hot spots'.
    The cause of this was the humidity. Moisture causes fabrics such as socks to bunch up and irritate. I just over did it, and heck, I WAS wearing dress shoes (I do this every time at DLR without previous consequence, but I've never gone in August).

Leave a comment:

• DuckyDelite
    replied

Amazing trip report and amazing pictures. Thank you so much for sharing it all!

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied

If you haven't heard of it, next time try 'Body Glide' to prevent blisters. It's really great. BFF used it for shoes that rubbed and her daughter used it for a flip-flop strap that was irritating her foot. Worked like a charm. No blisters or 'hot spots'.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Bobbee View Post
    I really enjoyed your trip report. Your collection of Disney related pieces must be spectacular! Now you have me really wanting to head over to Trader Sams and pick up that set of glasses.
    Thanks!!! there's previous versions of pretty much all but the sipper and the zombie head.... I've never bothered to get them, but now that I have my current collection complete, time to get ready for the eventual tiki bar by picking up those previous versions.

Yes, my collection of Dinseyana is probably borderline obsessive. Have you seen my Indiana Jones prop collection over in the lounge for example? I need a bigger house

Anyway, great pics and great narrative of your trip. Sounds like you had an amazing time, other than the blister, which clearly didn't seem to slow you down.
    Let me tell you... TSA confiscated my itty bitty 1.5" swiss army knife on the flight out (didn't they pass a law saying you could take 3" on a plane? My pen is more dangerous... I digress due to the stupidity of mindless TSA agents)... so popping a blister with nothing more than nail clippers was..... interesting.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    The DB is cute, but looks smaller than I thought (I'm comparing it to the size of your hand & the ball cap). Does your wife think it's big enough for the essentials? You know; phone, keys, wallet, kleenex, sunglasses, lipstick.
    Its 6" wide, so pretty tiny. Her full-size Dooney wallet for example wouldn't fit, but her Vera Bradley one I got her does. SHe doesn't wear lipstick, so that's one ahead I'm pretty sure its similarly sized to her other Dooney cross body she got on our Dapper Day trip. She's got so many Disney purses, I can hardly keep up.

Does it have a magnetic clasp or just the flap?
    Magnetic

Ha! I'm a 'handbag hag'. It's the one thing that always fits!
    Nothing wrong with that... we all have our vices

I'm lacking the Uh-Oa. BFF and I just looked at each other and agreed that there was NO WAY we would be able to drink TWO of them so we'd both get the glass. And I'm such a lightweight anyway that 1/2 of one would probably lay me out on the floor!
    I could have easily had two or three by myself, but they wouldn't even serve me one. So frustrating.
    Last edited by whoever; 08-24-2014, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bobbee
    replied

I really enjoyed your trip report. Your collection of Disney related pieces must be spectacular! Now you have me really wanting to head over to Trader Sams and pick up that set of glasses.

Anyway, great pics and great narrative of your trip. Sounds like you had an amazing time, other than the blister, which clearly didn't seem to slow you down.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied

The DB is cute, but looks smaller than I thought (I'm comparing it to the size of your hand & the ball cap). Does your wife think it's big enough for the essentials? You know; phone, keys, wallet, kleenex, sunglasses, lipstick. Does it have a magnetic clasp or just the flap?

Ha! I'm a 'handbag hag'. It's the one thing that always fits!

I'm lacking the Uh-Oa. BFF and I just looked at each other and agreed that there was NO WAY we would be able to drink TWO of them so we'd both get the glass. And I'm such a lightweight anyway that 1/2 of one would probably lay me out on the floor!

Leave a comment:

• IzzyInWonderland
    replied

MATT, this had been such a fun report to read!! You sure know how to have fun solo. Great photos and my goodness what a great haul of goodies you brought home!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X