This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Star Wars Marvel Plans for DLR

This report says Star Wars goes to Toon Town. Let the teeth gnashing begin!

More Marvel at Disneyland ResortMiceChat

Comment

Re: Star Wars Marvel Plans for DLR

I'm loving the 60th news in this article!

However, I thought the part about multiple new parades was interesting. Is Soundsational's leave confirmed? I know that was a recent rumor.

Comment

Not too sure I'm thrilled about Star Wars Land taking over Toon Town. Tomorrowland is where it is for a specific reason. It doesn't clash with the rest of the park. If you plop a "futuristic" sci-fi land in an area of the park that already bleeds Classic Disney and Americana, due to its location next to Fantasyland and Frontierland, I'm afraid this would clash way too much and the natural flow of Disneyland and the overall story it is trying to present would be disrupted.

Comment

The star wars land looks like someone just copied the idea someone just proposed in a thread on this forum not to long ago

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            Not too sure I'm thrilled about Star Wars Land taking over Toon Town. Tomorrowland is where it is for a specific reason. It doesn't clash with the rest of the park. If you plop a "futuristic" sci-fi land in an area of the park that already bleeds Classic Disney and Americana, due to its location next to Fantasyland and Frontierland, I'm afraid this would clash way too much and the natural flow of Disneyland and the overall story it is trying to present would be disrupted.
            The transition would need to be really well done. I'm interested in how they would do the entrances to the new land.

Sounds like it will be at least a year before we see any designs. So whatever plans they have will be cooking for awhile by the time we see them.

Comment

If TT is going away, wouldn't it be a good idea to move RRCS over to the HPBL in DCA? They could use the Hollywood setting and "plus" RRCS with "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" scene and maybe even open an "Ink & Paint Club" next door for "refreshments", just remember to tell the bouncer at the door "Walt sent me"...

Comment

I wish they would fix Tomorrowland before building a whole new land

Comment

I wonder what the marvel coaster will be themed to (my hope is either Iron man, Captain America, Hulk, or Shield)
                  Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

^Well there's been talk that WDS' Rock'n'Rollercoaster with replace Aerosmith with Spiderman, but I can't see them doing that in DCA. That just seems too cheap.
                    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

Comment

Not too sure how I feel about a land themed to one franchise in Disneyland, however I suppose you could argue that Toon Town is also themed to one franchise.

Comment

Seriously hoping that Toontown isn't used for a Star Wars expansion.

There is a lethargic, dying land just across the way that thematically already fits. I would hate to see Roger Rabbit go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                          ^Well there's been talk that WDS' Rock'n'Rollercoaster with replace Aerosmith with Spiderman, but I can't see them doing that in DCA. That just seems too cheap.
                          And also Spiderman takes place in New York (unless they offered an explanation to why he's in Hollywood)
                          Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

My hypothesis is that the transition would be from the entrance to Star Wars land being themed as Tatooine (a desert, which somewhat ties into the theme of Frontierland) and then within Star Wars land the theme would transition to the sleek and modern world of Courscant or a related planet.

Originally posted by AZDisney View Post
                            The transition would need to be really well done. I'm interested in how they would do the entrances to the new land.

Sounds like it will be at least a year before we see any designs. So whatever plans they have will be cooking for awhile by the time we see them.

Comment

Most likely. There has never been a big push to change Tomorrowland as much as there is a push to add Star Wars. In that regard, if there is now hesitation to build in Tomorrowland, it comes from a concern over how much has been invested in the current attraction lineup. Nemo, Buzz, Star Tours and even Space Mountain all represent millions upon millions of dollars in investment and there is little point in throwing that all away.

In other words: Tomorrowland is fine how it is.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X