Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] How much do you like Toon Town?

I've seen some posts speculating that ToonTown might be replaced with Star Wars Land. Some people are opposed to this. How much do you like ToonTown? I only really go there because the kids in my family enjoy running around there. I mostly hang around and watch them. Maybe that's enough for some folks to keep it.

I prefer going to Tom Sawyer's Island if when I'm looking for a place for them to run around and explore. Any thoughts?

Re: How much do you like Toon Town?

The question is, do you like it enough to start an online petition to save Toon Town?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I think ToonTown is cute, but there's not much to do back there for an adult. Ice cream, water fountains are fun, but the CarToon Spin ride usually has too long a wait, and pretty much everything else is only for little kids.

Had a bit of fun doing some sketching one day, and it's fun for photographing details, but yeah. Then I have to move on.
      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I think it should stay, Star Wars is awesome but there needs to be plenty for kids to do at Disneyland, as I feel its starting to turn into a Great America or Six Flags, Leave ToonTown alone

Comment

I hope Toontown stays. It should be updated however with a new attraction and remove or begin using the Trolly again. I think it should reopen after fireworks as Fantasyland does. Parents with little ones have less to do in the evenings with it closing early so Fantasyland rides' lines get longer and longer

Comment

I like the concept, the aesthetic, the detail, and music of Toontown, but it is definitely lacking in terms of attractions. I would absolutely not want it removed for a Star Wars themed area, it just needs a little TLC.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
              The question is, do you like it enough to start an online petition to save Toon Town?
              Ha!

I am a 90's baby, so Toontown sticks out the most to me when I think of my childhood trips to Disneyland. I actually found my way back there last weekend to ride RRCTS. That's really the only thing worth going back there for now, unless you have kids.

Toontown needs help. It's had the life sucked out of it the last few years (see Goofy's House, Donald's Boat, or the Chip and Dale Treehouse). It needs another great attraction and even then, I think it would still barely stay afloat.

I would hate to see it go mostly because of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, and the presence that he still has in that part of the park.

Something that just occurred to me: if a Star Wars land were to happen in that area - how would they get around the fireworks? I am assuming it would be a Fantasyland-type situation where it's closed and reopens after it's cleared? Seems like that might be a pain.

Comment

I don't care much for Toontown, but I absolutely adore Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. It's my favorite ride. I'd hate to see it go.

But if they could find a way to use the land without getting rid of the best ride ever, then I'd be cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                  I like the concept, the aesthetic, the detail, and music of Toontown, but it is definitely lacking in terms of attractions.
                  Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                  I think ToonTown is cute, but there's not much to do back there for an adult. Ice cream, water fountains are fun, but the CarToon Spin ride usually has too long a wait, and pretty much everything else is only for little kids.
                  There are plenty of attractions in Toontown. Just because they are geared for kids and not all e-ticket rides does not mean they are bad. The posts with the "not much to do for adults so lets remove it" mentality starts making me cranky. inch:

Comment

Originally posted by chadwpalm View Post
                    There are plenty of attractions in Toontown. Just because they are geared for kids and not all e-ticket rides does not mean they are bad. The posts with the "not much to do for adults so lets remove it" mentality starts making me cranky. inch:
                    But, but... but Uncle Walt said he wanted a place for adults and kids to do things together because he was tired of sitting on the bench and eating his popcorn while his kids rode the Merry go round without him...

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I'm a big fan of ToonTown. Granted, I agree that it needs another attraction and some care in terms of upkeep. But I would attest that ToonTown still has a lot of great qualities. Mickey and Minnies houses are both immersive and fun, and it's a good move for them to have their own meet and greet space. Roger Rabbit is one of my favorite rides in the entire park, the queue itself is just perfect in terms of detail and theming and the rest of the ride is just as great if you ask me.

I love all the buildings and the shops, and just the overall aesthetic is really immersive. Walking into the land and looking around makes me feel instantly happy and upbeat and like I'm in a cartoon, and that overall feeling is very Disneyland to me.

I just don't see how a world that has such wonderful things, could be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by chadwpalm View Post
                        I understand where you're coming from, and I don't want Toontown to be leveled either, but even for kids Toontown is a shell of what it used to be. For example, almost all of the fun stuff to explore in Donald's boat is roped off, Goofy's Bounce House lost it's bounce, and the Chip and Dale Treehouse turned into something pretty underwhelming as well. Even the Jolly Trolley now just sits at the station.

Mickey and Minnie's house walkthroughs are alright, and the Gadget Coaster could still be considered a "thrill" to children, but that land is lacking overall. It needs a revival, because in my opinion, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and the Mickey's House meet-and-greet are the only things keeping people back there.

Comment

as much as we love Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin, it doesnt sell any merchandise and thats a big no-no for disney.
                          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                          __________________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                            as much as we love Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin, it doesnt sell any merchandise and thats a big no-no for disney.
                            What does that even mean? That attraction has been there for 21 years. If moving merchandise was the only reason they put it in it would have been gone a long time ago.

Comment

I think Toon Town is cute, and I remember spending a lot of time there as a kid. I loved Gadget's Go Coaster. That being said, a lot has changed since then. As others had said, a lot of the charm is gone. I would be okay with them removing it, as long as something went elsewhere for the younger children- perhaps a new area in California Adventure for Mickey and Friends or something.
                              Disneyland '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '04, '06, '09, '12 x2, '14 x2, '15
                              WDW '07, '11, '13

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X