This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disneyland ride parodies in My Little Pony: Friends Forever #8

Okay, I couldn't resist showing these here. The recent issue of My Little Pony: Friends Forever features Applejack and Rarity visiting a ponified Disneyland, complete with a page of DL ride spoofs:

^Pffft, Silver Swamp instead of Blue Bayou.

^Here we have spoofs of the Mansion, Country Bears, Jungle Cruise, and PotC. Love the tombstone epitaph ("Doctor, Lawyer, Legal Clerk, Forever Buried In His Work") and the Jack Skellington pumpkin

^They even threw in a pony version of Walt and the Partners statue, as well as a Dole Whip reference!
    Last edited by J.E.Smith; 08-25-2014, 09:04 PM.

Re: Disneyland ride parodies in My Little Pony: Friends Forever #8

Lol love it!

Comment

The name of the Jungle Cruise spoof is also a reference to the Yacht Club that was in the old old Tomorrowland, before the 1967 remodel. The artist has done their homework, in other words.
      Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

I know there is an artist that does work for Disney as well as MLP. I wonder if that was her. She also does the "Pocket Princesses." Her name is Amy Mebberson, here is a link to her tumblr so you can see her work, My Junk Drawer
        I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me!

Comment

I bought the comic and there was a consistency error. The character Rarity says she wants to go to Whinny World. She does not say Whinny Land. Oops. Guess there was a change latr on.
          Still I love the artwork.

Comment

Hey, it's my two favorite things in one! I haven't really followed the MLP comics but maybe I need to start.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X