X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AStarOnMars
    replied
    My Mom surprised my BF and I two years ago (I'm 22 now) ... which shows, your kids are never too old to surprise them ... we thought we were just going up to shop in DTD and grab lunch ... when we got their my Mom said we were going to the parks ... it shows my Mom thinks I'm still 10 ...

Leave a comment:

• Jennidisneyfer
    replied
    We did this a few years back when our youngest/4th was a newborn. We told the older kids we were driving to their uncle/aunt's house in Fresno. We left before sun-up as usual. Our oldest, then 10, recognized Magic Mt. but we told her it was on the way to Fresno. When we passed the "Disney Way" fwy sign, the 7y.o. saw it, but we played it off with a "Whoa, wouldn't that be cool to live on a street called Disney Way?!" It worked! Finally, we get to the entrance sign and they get it. The oldest says, "I KNEW it wasn't this far to Uncle Kelly's!" and the second/7 y.o. looks sad. Why?, we ask...
    "Uncle Kelly won't get to see my new haircut!" Oh geez, She cheered up when we told her Mickey would see it!

Leave a comment:

• Retlaw Yensid
    replied
    Originally posted by MellyMouse
    We are surprising my niece this June. She is ten and has never been to DLR.
    It is an 8 hour drive so we are trying to come up with what to tell her. We dont want her to know where she is going until she see's the Disneyland sign.
    Any suggestions?
    That's my problem too. I always want to suprise my girlfriend but I think she would figure it out with in the first half hour of our 7+ hour drive.

Leave a comment:

• MellyMouse
    replied
    Originally posted by MiceMan
    Tell her you are going to Sea World
    Cant believe I didnt think of that! Thats a good one!
    Thanks MiceMan!

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MellyMouse
    It is an 8 hour drive so we are trying to come up with what to tell her. We dont want her to know where she is going until she see's the Disneyland sign.
    Any suggestions?
    Tell her you are going to Sea World

Leave a comment:

• MellyMouse
    replied
    Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Retlaw Yensid
    replied
    Originally posted by Tedi Bara
    I live in Washington, and once about days before Christmas my parents called my sister and I into the living room. They had two envelopes one with a number 1 and one with a number 2. They told us to pick one and we picked #1, inside it said you going to Disneyland!!! We left for the airporst the next morning.
    What was in envelop #2???

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    We just did it for Christmas!

We decided not to buy the girls a lot of presents for Christmas, but instead planned a Christmas Day surprise. We held out....then on Christmas Eve, when our parents and my sister and my husband's brother were over for dinner and present-opening, we decided to do the kids' scavenger hunt that night instead of waiting til the next morning.

It was so much fun, all the adults following the three kids running through the house, upstairs then downstairs then back up.....ten clues in all. At then end there was a note taped to the back of the Mickey head ornament on the tree telling the girls to pack their bags.....they were headed to Disneyland!

Then all of their grandparents and aunts and uncles gave them their Disney Dollars. They each got a little more than $200, plus some Toys R Us cards. Cassidy sold some Disney Dollars to her sisters and got enough Toys R Us credit to buy a Gameboy Advance SP when we got to Anaheim! Smart kid!

After breakfast and present opening on Christmas morning, we packed (they got all new shirts and coats and hats and gloves that day) and loaded the car, turned on the DVD player, stopped at Starbucks and headed out. We got to Disneyland on Dec. 26th in the a.m. It was so much fun!!!

I'm not sure we'd ever be able to pull it off again, but it was a great Christmas and a wonderful trip. We stayed in Anaheim until Jan. 1.

Leave a comment:

• ttztotdca50
    replied
    ^Hehe...I love surprises!

Once, my parents said that we were going to an art museum and that I had to take time off from school (I was in first grade at the time). Anyways, I fell asleep in the car, and when I woke up, there was a Disney statue in the front! We were at the Disneyland Hotel! I remember I wasn't sure if we were actually staying there or not, but my Mom said we were! Woo hoo!

Leave a comment:

• Goin2DL
    replied
    A couple of years ago we were went to my sistet-in-law's wedding in Oregon. We had to drive up through CA. to get there. My son asked us "Can't we stop at DL?". We told him no, that the trip to Oregon was enough. We secretly booked a trip for a couple of days after the wedding. We were driving "home" when Zac saw the signs for DL - he was dying! He couldn't believe that we were so close but not going! We exited on Harbor and were right in front of the entrance and said "Well, we are here anyway, we might as well stay a couple of days". The kids were thrilled! Zac (who was 7 at the time) couldn't believe that we had kept it secret the whole time.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerbelle
    replied
    I can't do...we always plan on surprising them but 2 weeks before we end up telling them...though we do find cool ways to do it. Last trip for example we watched the Disney planning video (not an unusual thing my 3 yr old loved it and would watch it all the time) so when he was watching DH and I sat down and started watching (planned all along) we called our dd in to see something, she watched in a huff, she hates watching since she thinks we are not going (hehehe) anyway at some point my so sais 'mommy, we go to disneyland please?" I said sure, how bout next week. they fliped or more specificly my son did my daughter just stared at me for the longest time before it sank in then she litteraly bounced off the walls.

I need a great way to tell them this year...I'm thinking a balloon pop or something,

any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Tedi Bara
    replied
    I live in Washington, and once about days before Christmas my parents called my sister and I into the living room. They had two envelopes one with a number 1 and one with a number 2. They told us to pick one and we picked #1, inside it said you going to Disneyland!!! We left for the airporst the next morning.

Leave a comment:

• sicjkr
    replied
    i did this to my kids once, when they were younger, it was so cool to see the surprise and joy on their face when we got there!

Leave a comment:

• Michelle
    replied
    My parents did this to me once. I agreed to go on a rather boring trip across the Southwest and as we got to the exit my mom said, "I really have to go to the bathroom." I then exclaimed that she was terribly cruel and my parents started laughing. I thought it was a sick joke pretty much until we got into the parking lot.

Leave a comment:

• Snacks
    replied
    I cant keep a secret like this ... No way.....

If I could ..... They always know when we are crossing over to the USA and at the boarder you have to say what your doing...

Its just best to let them be excited and have their count down...... The Count down is 1/2 the fun!

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    My uncle did this to me this summer. It was really funny because they were planning it and I kept guessing but I NEVER thought they would take me to Disneyland. The funniest thing was when my Aunt was asking my Uncle whether they let bags into "The Place" and I piped up saying that when I went to Disneyland last year they did, and that's the biggest place around here! They were so awesome and completely played it off ... I had no idea where we were going until we got to the ticket booth though because we came on side streets and parked in Timon lot, which I had never parked in before. Definitely funny stuff!

Leave a comment:

• JMike
    replied
    My parents did this to me once or twice. The only one I remember is that we were told we were going to a furniture store, or some such thing like that.
    Needless to say, it was always a more than pleasant surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    We did that, then really surprised them by telling them they had to reimburse us for the hotel sleepover on their eighteenth birthday. That was the bigger surprise!

Leave a comment:

• Modern Folly
    replied
    My mom and dad always used to do this, once they told us we would be going to our dreaded aunt's house. It finally hit us that we weren't going to our aunt's when we drove past the Disneyland sign.
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 03-19-2005, 01:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied
    I've tried but I always blow it cause I get so excited. Nowadays though, once we pass the 205 offramp on 5 they no, there's no foolin' them anymore. Shawn is only 6 but he says "Dis is the way to Disneyland!!!"

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X