This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squinky
    oh, that's good. I thought (for some reason) that it would be solid gold and kept thinking how tacky that would look. I guess this means they'll do it in a similar way to the other "goldified" rides, in which case I'm happy with it. It looks really good.

Thanks for the pcitures.
    Actually those rides vehicles are supposed to get the COMPLETE gold shakedown.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

That is cool- I bet it looks AWESOME in Fantasmic!
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

thumbs up here!

I can't wait until May, I have been shying away from MT for a few years because it looked so beaten down. Looks great!
        Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by dlfreak
          Actually those rides vehicles are supposed to get the COMPLETE gold shakedown.

Ugh. I have this image in my head of a Jungle Cruise boat painted entirely gold and it disgusts me. I hope they realize that this is a mistake before they do it :monkey:

Comment

It looks absolutely amazing... just hope the paint doesn't do some cheap chipping or something. Or is it high quality paint they use for their spray painting?

...I don't think I have ever actually gotten the chance to ride the Mark Twain or the Columbia.. I do remember going on the raft to TSI, but now I can barely remember the island. I need to go on the Mark Twain someday.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Comment

Ugh. I have this image in my head of a Jungle Cruise boat painted entirely gold and it disgusts me. I hope they realize that this is a mistake before they do it :monkey:
              There is extensive discussion regarding this here

The gold boat on JC is going to happen as far as anyone can tell, but I haven't heard anything for certain about other attractions.
              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
              Help support the site you love:
              -Visit the MiceChat store
              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

as cousin orville said, gold bezels around the light bands would be awesome- with the lights dyed in gold colorine (the dip gel they use to dye the lights for EP).

the stacks look great, the bands look drab.

Comment

Not a fan of the new look, although if goes back to normal next year than I'll cope. However, as anyone who's seen a 5+ year old car with gold-colored emblems will tell you, they start looking ugly after a while.

As it is, it looks like someone took the Twain into Pimp My Ride.

Comment

I like the golden stacks and actually think they should probably leave them that way. The "gold" trim on the rails, etc. did look a little dingy to me. I was hoping for gaudy shiny gold-leaf. Hang the cost. This is a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Ah well. As long as they don't paint Tomorrow Land purple again, I'm happy.
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves...ulo_050131.pdf
                      Go to page 30 in that to see computer renderings of the gold vehicles.

-Michael
                      Walt Disney

Comment

the Jules Vern

looks like they found a place for the left over tomorrowland paint, good job. now boarding the tomorrowland express!

Comment

Ugly.

Comment

The stacks look great, but the cutouts on top of the wheel house have lost all of their definition and contrast that they used to have being white. The gold trim isn't very shiny...I agree, it is very recycled Tomorrowland paint looking. Maybe if they had only done pinstripes along the decks, only a little gilding, not so much as they have now though.

Comment

Maybe they didn't finish the Mark Twain's gold treatment, and just brought it out for the busy Spring Break period...

Comment

She's beauty, eh.
                                www.deliciousmayhem.net
                                www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X