• Show
Clear All

• swagdaddy
    replied
    She's beauty, eh.

Leave a comment:

• Moving Sidewalk
    replied
    Maybe they didn't finish the Mark Twain's gold treatment, and just brought it out for the busy Spring Break period...

Leave a comment:

• revol yensid
    replied
    The stacks look great, but the cutouts on top of the wheel house have lost all of their definition and contrast that they used to have being white. The gold trim isn't very shiny...I agree, it is very recycled Tomorrowland paint looking. Maybe if they had only done pinstripes along the decks, only a little gilding, not so much as they have now though.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Ugly.

Leave a comment:

• dislizzy
    replied
    the Jules Vern

looks like they found a place for the left over tomorrowland paint, good job. now boarding the tomorrowland express!

Leave a comment:

• TheDisneyInquisitor
    replied
    Originally posted by squinky
    Ugh. I have this image in my head of a Jungle Cruise boat painted entirely gold and it disgusts me. I hope they realize that this is a mistake before they do it :monkey:
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves...ulo_050131.pdf
    Go to page 30 in that to see computer renderings of the gold vehicles.

-Michael

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    I like the golden stacks and actually think they should probably leave them that way. The "gold" trim on the rails, etc. did look a little dingy to me. I was hoping for gaudy shiny gold-leaf. Hang the cost. This is a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Ah well. As long as they don't paint Tomorrow Land purple again, I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    Not a fan of the new look, although if goes back to normal next year than I'll cope. However, as anyone who's seen a 5+ year old car with gold-colored emblems will tell you, they start looking ugly after a while.

As it is, it looks like someone took the Twain into Pimp My Ride.

Leave a comment:

• dancinmanCA
    replied
    as cousin orville said, gold bezels around the light bands would be awesome- with the lights dyed in gold colorine (the dip gel they use to dye the lights for EP).

the stacks look great, the bands look drab.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Ugh. I have this image in my head of a Jungle Cruise boat painted entirely gold and it disgusts me. I hope they realize that this is a mistake before they do it :monkey:
    There is extensive discussion regarding this here

The gold boat on JC is going to happen as far as anyone can tell, but I haven't heard anything for certain about other attractions.

Leave a comment:

• AdventureLandJaggy
    replied
    It looks absolutely amazing... just hope the paint doesn't do some cheap chipping or something. Or is it high quality paint they use for their spray painting?

...I don't think I have ever actually gotten the chance to ride the Mark Twain or the Columbia.. I do remember going on the raft to TSI, but now I can barely remember the island. I need to go on the Mark Twain someday.

Leave a comment:

• squinky
    replied
    Originally posted by dlfreak
    Actually those rides vehicles are supposed to get the COMPLETE gold shakedown.

Leave a comment:

• travelmom
    replied
    thumbs up here!

I can't wait until May, I have been shying away from MT for a few years because it looked so beaten down. Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    That is cool- I bet it looks AWESOME in Fantasmic!

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied
    oh, that's good. I thought (for some reason) that it would be solid gold and kept thinking how tacky that would look. I guess this means they'll do it in a similar way to the other "goldified" rides, in which case I'm happy with it. It looks really good.

Thanks for the pcitures.
    Actually those rides vehicles are supposed to get the COMPLETE gold shakedown.

Leave a comment:

• Retlaw Yensid
    replied
    I love what they did with the smoke stacks, it makes the ship look more prestine.

Leave a comment:

• NPCody
    replied
    Looks good!

Leave a comment:

• Not Afraid
    replied
    I'm surprised I'm not disgusted. It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person on Sunday. That's going to be one busy day!

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Originally posted by Druggas
    I was there Wednesday and I only saw the Columbia. The park was so crowded that we didn't stay long in NOS. Sorry I missed it. Doh!
    It didn't come out from under the tarps until yesterday, so don't feel bad for not staying long in that area.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    I would surmise that it isn't gold leaf. More than likely it's what's called "Dutch leaf" which is an alloy. It looks like gold to the naked eye, but costs a fraction of what real gold leaf does. It was used extensively by the old carousel makers and band organ builders.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X