Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disneyland Update: Luigi's Flying Tires to be Replaced, 60th News, and more

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disneyland Update: Luigi's Flying Tires to be Replaced, 60th News, and more

From today's Micechat Update:
    Enhancements for Disneyland

Highlights include:
    - Details on the changes to our version of Paint the Night
    - 60th Fireworks talk
    - Main Street Alley Update
    - Peter Pan to go down for 3 months to receive updates
    - Luigi's Flying Tires to fly away for good next year for "Luigi's Festival of the Dance," a trackless spinner ride (using trackless ride technology)
    - Frozen Hollywoodland Details
    - Soarin' to close January 11th for an upgrade (not Soarin over the World/Horizon) and reopen in late May
    - Condor Flats to be rethemed to be more time period appropriate
    - Refurbishment madness
    Last edited by Right Ear; 09-30-2014, 04:09 AM.
    Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Re: Disneyland Update: Luigi's Flying Tires to be Replaced, 60th News, and more

Hi, first time poster here, have just read the link on your post, please tell me I have not royally ruined my holiday by booking it for early Feb 2015, what with the closures and all. Please tell me it will still be wonderful

Comment

Luigi's Flying Tires is one of the best rides on all of Disneyland. It's one of the few ones where my entire family needs to work together in order to have fun. We communicate a lot, we do things together, we have tons of fun, and the ride itself is pure Disneyland history - an old ride coming to life from the dead.

The entire place is superbly themed, too.

I'm with Lasseter on this one. It should not be taken away.

Comment

Will Paradise Bay be drained for WOC's rehab?

Comment

While I agree that Luigi's Flying Tires has a lot of issues (just like the Flying Saucers did from the 60's), the rider participation factor will be missed when the "new" ride debuts. At least, they are going to keep the wonderfully themed queue intact.

Comment

There have been lots of rumored plans, even fairly high profile plans, and then budgets get cut. Also, there are people paid to draw up plans all day, but that's a lot cheaper than actually ripping out and replacing a ride/land/whatever. In the case of Luigi, it's a fairly new, functional ride, so replacing it seems like a longshot at best.

IBIWISI
            (I'll believe it when I see it)

Comment

Look everyone, you're finally getting that trackless ride you've all wanted!

Anyway, I'm not surprised Luigi's is on the chopping block. They've had issues with the ride from a customer participation and infrastructure standpoint since the very beginning (remember the beach balls?) so replacing it isn't that shocking.

And for those arguing that Luigi's is historic, the original Flying Saucers lasted for only 5 years, and Walt was around for their removal. He realized the concept just wasn't worth the cost back then, and while this was a game effort, it still has the same issues.

Comment

Sure its disappointing that Flying Tires maybe replaced, but by the sound of it, the new attraction won't be that bad. At least its still themed to Cars and isn't some Frozen tie-in inexplicably added to the land.

And to be honest, of all three of the Cars Land attractions, we all speculated how long Flying Tires would last, even when it was being constructed.

I do like the idea of adding more of Luigi's family, I do hope Uncle Toppolino and Mamma Toppolino make the journey over.
                sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                Walt Disney

Comment

Guess this means I'll have to try the flying tires since I passed on my last trip. Just didn't seem to exciting. I'll be there for their last weekend and hopefully Splash Mountain will close that same day so I can at least enjoy it on my trip and bring my cousin on it if she gets to go since she's never even been to a Disney park.

Comment

So Peter Pan is closing right up to the beginning of the celebration, but what about the other three dark rides? No love for them?

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post

IBIWISI
                      x2

Comment

So Monstropolis is still happening.... right?

It's funny that they keep saying MagicBands going over budget has forced cutbacks on other projects. They then go through a whole laundry list of other spending projects using words like "healthy" and "beefy" to describe their budgets. Hmmmmm.

I'd be surprised if the flying tires completely went away. It would be the most expensive failure in Disney theme park history. I do remember saying it was a bad idea when they first announced it though.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the Luigi's update actually happens. I still can't believe they scrapped the whole Star Wars update.

Comment

From Monstropolis, to Star Wars to Nemo, its hard to believe any of these updates anymore.

Comment

I just don't understand why Disney wouldn't spend the additional $$$ and get fully themed arcades in the back like Disneyland Paris to help with crowd flow. I'm not surprised at all that the flying tires are going, it is such a boring ride. Disney needs to learn from its OWN history.
                              Jeff Wayne

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X