This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The upcoming strike....

After booking a mid March trip I realized that I had forgotten all about the possible strike that could take place during that time frame!!

So I began to ponder if it would really be that bad. No doubt all the local TV news shows will make a big deal about the strike, possibly giving the locals a reason to not come (for a while anyway).

On the other hand, DLR might respond with lots of TV commercials proclaiming that its business as usual, and its on sale to boot!

What do you think?

Re: The upcoming strike....

I have no clue, but I am very interested in seeing what happens.

Comment

I would think it would at least get mentioned on the national news, depending on how slow news is at the time.

We're set to go in early April and my dad is rabidly union, so I'm on some serious pins and needles.
      A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
      In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

As someone with an inside source (my wife) I can tell you it's pretty quiet as far as strike grumblings go...

I really don't think there will be a strike.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I needed that! :wave:
          A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
          In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

strike???????
            I just bought my air fair, and my room, and my park tickets, if they strike I will be sitting on a curb crying!!! OMGosh are you kidding)))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod
              As someone with an inside source (my wife) I can tell you it's pretty quiet as far as strike grumblings go...

I really don't think there will be a strike.
              Is your wife a Cast Member? That's who I'd rather hear this strike news from. I want to hear from an actual Cast Member who works in the Disneyland Resort who can actually tell us if such a strike will happen, rather than hearing it from a person who doesn't work for Disney and is not a Cast Member, like perhaps Al Lutz.

Comment

Ah call me stupid but what strike are we talking about ??????

Comment

I work as a 3rd shift custonian at DCA.. our contract was up last septmeber

They could resolve anything... so they said our contract is good until the following septemeber........... so in the 3rd shift department everything is fine.. so I am not sure what strike yhou mean

I never thought DISNEY could strike, then found out, we can as long as the contract is up in the air.. once it is finazlized we cant strike

what strike do you mean, is it with custonians.. or someone else.. hmmmmm

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by GRANDBREAKER
                    Ah call me stupid but what strike are we talking about ??????
                    Al Lutz describes it in his latest column on MiceAge.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                      strike???????
                      I just bought my air fair, and my room, and my park tickets, if they strike I will be sitting on a curb crying!!! OMGosh are you kidding)))))))))))
                      Have no fear. Even if there is a strike, DLR will be open. Things just might not run as smoothly as usual.

Comment

I kind of had to laugh when I saw this thread. The same thing happed four years ago when the last contact was up for negotiation. I even got the same "start saving your money, 'cuse you might not have a job" letter that Al talks about in his article. Although I don't know all the details, I'd be very suprised if a strike actually happened.

Comment

TDA people are being trained on attractions around the resort...

Id say theres some serious basis to the rumors.

Comment

I'm just glad our last day will be March 15th. So if they strike, we'll miss it. I just know that it is no fun to be the one on strike, or the family of. My DH works for UPS and they went on strike about 8 yrs. ago for 2 wks. That was the longest 2 wks. because you don't know how long it will last. I hope it can get worked out without taking those steps.

Comment

Originally posted by DLResident
                              Is your wife a Cast Member? That's who I'd rather hear this strike news from. I want to hear from an actual Cast Member who works in the Disneyland Resort who can actually tell us if such a strike will happen, rather than hearing it from a person who doesn't work for Disney and is not a Cast Member, like perhaps Al Lutz.
                              To answer your question: yes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X