This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] "Secret" Menu Items

Much like In 'n Out, are there locations with "secret" food items that aren't listed on the menu, but are in fact available? I know of the Mozzarella Sticks at Stage Door Cafe/Golden Horseshoe (and speaking of which, are there any other locations that serve them, particularly in DCA?).

Have there been any reports of other items from different location of off the menu food dishes?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Re: "Secret" Menu Items

Great thread idea. I'll be watching for some tips here.

Comment

In my experience the "off menu but available" stuff is usually at least somewhat based around food restrictions. IE Most places you can order a burger, you can also order a veggie burger, even when it's not specifically listed. The same sort of applies to the mozzarella sticks. It was the only vegetarian option at the Golden Horseshoe/Stage Door Cafe for years and when they took if off the physical menu, they continued to serve it without listing it. For example, you can go in and just order them if you know they're there, but if you don't and ask "is there anything vegetarian?" they'll say "we have mozzarella sticks". Of course, there might be other things I'm just not aware of, but I don't think there's really any kind of "secret menu" thing going on. It's more like a "yeah we'll accommodate you" menu.

Comment

There used to be the Figaro Fries at Village Haus many years ago... Something so artery clogging the OC Fair would be impressed...
        WELCOME ABOARD
        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Earl of Sandwich took the All-American sandwich off the menu recently but will still make it if you ask.

Comment

Those Mozzarella sticks are sooooo good!
            2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
            *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
            *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

I've been told that you can get Onion Rings at Tomorrowland Terrace. Has anyone heard this?
              I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
              - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Comment

Yes, onion rings are available at the Tomorrowland Terrace. My friend gets them all the time and I just got an order for my wife a few weeks ago.

Comment

Good to know about the Mozzarella sticks. I was bummed when they removed them from the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Princess View Post
                      Earl of Sandwich took the All-American sandwich off the menu recently but will still make it if you ask.
                      Oh that's good to know because that was my favorite from them. I was so disappointed when I saw it wasn't on the menu anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                        Have there been any reports of other items from different location of off the menu food dishes?
                        Carnitas Nachos at the White Water Cafe

Their carnitas were so good the day I had the nachos I could have just eaten it plain without the chips.

Comment

I have heard that there are drinks like the Mickey's Fun Wheel not on the menu at Cove Bar in DCA.

Also my favorite thing to order that is not on the menu is a large cup of ice water (complimentary).

Comment

Originally posted by JDN View Post
                            I have heard that there are drinks like the Mickey's Fun Wheel not on the menu at Cove Bar in DCA.

Also my favorite thing to order that is not on the menu is a large cup of ice water (complimentary).
                            The "Black Pearl" is another off-the-menu drink you can order there as well.

Comment

I hate threads like these so much...

I'M SO HUNGRY NOW.
                              "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
                              J.M. Barrie

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X