Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Offical Disneyland refurbishment dates - Updated as needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StrawberryGirl View Post

I guess what I'll get to wonder about now is whether the Blue Bayou will remain open during the Pirates closure. (missing Pirates on our trip isn't a huge deal-breaker to us, but the Blue Bayou is a tradition for us that I would hate to miss). Does any one have any experience with what has happened with the Blue Bayou during past Pirates closures?
    I think it will stay open. From what I have heard, they are only updating the auction scene during the closure so the bayou area should be fine. I think the only time they close Blue Bayou is when the attraction is getting a major refurb and is down for an extended amount of time - for instance when they empty out the canal or redo the boats. Is the website letting you book reservations for that week you want to go? I think you are fine and the Blue Bayou will be open.

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I think even when Pirates was being refurbed for it's 50th last year and was closed for nearly 6 weeks the Blue Bayou was open the entire time. This closure is only 2-3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post

I think it will stay open. From what I have heard, they are only updating the auction scene during the closure so the bayou area should be fine. I think the only time they close Blue Bayou is when the attraction is getting a major refurb and is down for an extended amount of time - for instance when they empty out the canal or redo the boats. Is the website letting you book reservations for that week you want to go? I think you are fine and the Blue Bayou will be open.

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I think even when Pirates was being refurbed for it's 50th last year and was closed for nearly 6 weeks the Blue Bayou was open the entire time. This closure is only 2-3 weeks.
      Thank you so much! That is super helpful!

Comment

• Not sure if this is worth putting in the main post, but World of Disney will be getting a redesign starting in mid-February. Here's the link to the Disney Parks Blog post. I wonder if the new design will retain any of the California craftsman theme that worked well with the Grand Californian. I'm not too married to it (since it's mostly just a retail space and not inside Disneyland), but the California craftsman look definitely didn't make sense in Florida. Here's the header image that might offer some hints about the new aesthetic:

Comment

• I saw on the Disneyland website today that the Matterhorn is going down for refurb on April 16th does anyone happen to know how long it will be down for?
          BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
            I saw on the Disneyland website today that the Matterhorn is going down for refurb on April 16th does anyone happen to know how long it will be down for?
            It will re-open on Friday the 20th. It's also possible it will go down again the following Monday. They sometimes in the past have done weekday only refurbishments over several weeks.
            My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

• How long do you realistically think Pirates will be closed? I noticed the June 8 date is listed as rumored. We're heading there on 10-13 and am SO hoping it'll be open.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcmama View Post
                How long do you realistically think Pirates will be closed? I noticed the June 8 date is listed as rumored. We're heading there on 10-13 and am SO hoping it'll be open.
                Other websites list it as closed through the 7th, but I've not seen Disney specifically say that so I'm keeping it as rumored for now since I try to only list official dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcmama View Post
                  How long do you realistically think Pirates will be closed? I noticed the June 8 date is listed as rumored. We're heading there on 10-13 and am SO hoping it'll be open.
                  Adding to what Insemsf mentioned, DW's was only down for about 3 weeks for the refurb. So unless DL is planning on doing a lot more, I find the rumored 7 week refurb date a bit odd. Of course maybe DL is planning on doing a lot more and the June date is legit.

Comment

• Blast it. The darn Hyperspace Mountain Overlay is coming back. Bah Humbug!

Comment

• Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                      Blast it. The darn Hyperspace Mountain Overlay is coming back. Bah Humbug!
                      Only for 1 night(Disney after Dark).

Comment

• Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                        No it's available for all guests starting May 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                          I hope you're right. I'm still burned out the last time Disneyland had the Star Wars overlay up and running.

Comment

I hope you're right. I'm still burned out the last time Disneyland had the Star Wars overlay up and running.
                            He's not. It will be running on the 3rd at night for the party guests, then on the 4th and onward for all guests.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

He's not. It will be running on the 3rd at night for the party guests, then on the 4th and onward for all guests.
                              Darn; evidently Disney just can't enough of the Rebellion and the Empire in Space Mountain. It's overkill. It might be awhile before Space Mountain comes back.

Comment

Darn; evidently Disney just can't enough of the Rebellion and the Empire in Space Mountain. It's overkill. It might be awhile before Space Mountain comes back.
                                Over all Star War....has been a OVER KILL !
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Over all Star War....has been a OVER KILL !
                                  No argument here. I'm hoping that when Star Wars Land opens up next year, Hyperspace Mountain will go to Yesterland. Or at the very least have it between the Rebellion and the Empire; not the Resistance and the First Order/Empire Jr.

Comment

• Any idea when Space Mountain will close to get ready for Hyperspace Mountain? We're headed to DLR at the end of April and we're worried Space Mountain will be closed when we get there. The post here says Space Mountain will close early may, but since Hyperspace opens on May 3, is it really only going to take a day or two for the transformation?

Comment

• Originally posted by AwayWeGo View Post
                                      Any idea when Space Mountain will close to get ready for Hyperspace Mountain? We're headed to DLR at the end of April and we're worried Space Mountain will be closed when we get there. The post here says Space Mountain will close early may, but since Hyperspace opens on May 3, is it really only going to take a day or two for the transformation?
                                      They could probably do it overnight if they wanted. They just need to change what's projected on the walls and tv screens, turn on the laser effects, and change the music. The only physical change needed is changing the signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by chadwpalm View Post

They could probably do it overnight if they wanted. They just need to change what's projected on the walls and tv screens, turn on the laser effects, and change the music. The only physical change needed is changing the signs.
                                        I am not sure about how long, if at all, it will be closed. I think it would have to be closed at least on the 3rd to day guests since they say party guests will be the first to experience it. I doubt they could close the park, and get Hyperspace turned on and tested in an hour or 2 and have it up for the party. I figure it at least would take overnight and since the party guests are the first to experience it, I would think it has to be closed during the day on the 3rd. It's possible they'll open it up to all guests on the 3rd, or maybe they'll close it a day or 2 early and do some other maintenance, but it just seems that logically it would have to be closed at least the 3rd for day guests.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

I am not sure about how long, if at all, it will be closed. I think it would have to be closed at least on the 3rd to day guests since they say party guests will be the first to experience it. I doubt they could close the park, and get Hyperspace turned on and tested in an hour or 2 and have it up for the party. I figure it at least would take overnight and since the party guests are the first to experience it, I would think it has to be closed during the day on the 3rd. It's possible they'll open it up to all guests on the 3rd, or maybe they'll close it a day or 2 early and do some other maintenance, but it just seems that logically it would have to be closed at least the 3rd for day guests.
                                          Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                          X