X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chadwpalm View Post

Makes sense.
    It is officially closed the 3rd.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	8554641 Pirates is back on June 8th!
      The purpose of Disneyland is to make people smile.

Kevin Plank

Comment

• Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	8554641 Pirates is back on June 8th!
        I'm in the middle of a long trip and need to update the list. Once I get some time in the middle of this week to unpack my laptop I'll do it.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	8556810
          ​​​​​​​According to the schedule for June 24th, when Pixar Pier opens the fun wheel, games of the boardwalk and many concession stands won't be open. I find this quite perplexing. The Incredicoaster, however, is shown to open on June 23rd.

Kevin Plank

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	8556810
            ​​​​​​​According to the schedule for June 24th, when Pixar Pier opens the fun wheel, games of the boardwalk and many concession stands won't be open. I find this quite perplexing. The Incredicoaster, however, is shown to open on June 23rd.
            My cynical take on this is that WDI is behind on the project, so they'll rush to make sure the big attraction is open, but need more time to finish the rest of it. I think even MiceChat touched on the rumor that imagineering was being put under a lot of pressure by senior management to use the Pixar Pier project to prove they could still get stuff done on time and on budget. The prolonged closure of most stuff doesn't seem to bode well for their results.

Comment

• Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post

My cynical take on this is that WDI is behind on the project, so they'll rush to make sure the big attraction is open, but need more time to finish the rest of it. I think even MiceChat touched on the rumor that imagineering was being put under a lot of pressure by senior management to use the Pixar Pier project to prove they could still get stuff done on time and on budget. The prolonged closure of most stuff doesn't seem to bode well for their results.
              The Pixar Pier timetable has been error ridden throughout the whole project. I think major blame is on Marketing, as 2018 is the odd year out for a new marketing gimmick, as it's not an anniversary year and SWGE/Marvel land have not opened.

The only other excuse on the majority of the closures, is they are trying to prevent overcrowding when the Incrediscreamin opens.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	8556810
                According to the schedule for June 24th, when Pixar Pier opens the fun wheel, games of the boardwalk and many concession stands won't be open. I find this quite perplexing. The Incredicoaster, however, is shown to open on June 23rd.
                Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                The only other excuse on the majority of the closures, is they are trying to prevent overcrowding when the Incrediscreamin opens.
                These attractions are showing closed after the 23rd because they WILL be closed after the 23rd......as in closed forever. None of these things are coming back. Ariel's Grotto is becoming Lamplight Lounge. Mickey's Fun Wheel is becoming Pixer Pal-Around. Hot Dog Hut is becoming Angry Dogs. King Triton's Carousel is becoming Jessie's Critter Carousel. Don Tomas to Poultry Palace.

Etc. etc. etc.

They just haven't updated the site with the new places yet. It's still over a month away. Not quite at the point of the "falling behind" alarm just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by chadwpalm View Post

These attractions are showing closed after the 23rd because they WILL be closed after the 23rd......as in closed forever. None of these things are coming back. Ariel's Grotto is becoming Lamplight Lounge. Mickey's Fun Wheel is becoming Pixer Pal-Around. Hot Dog Hut is becoming Angry Dogs. King Triton's Carousel is becoming Jessie's Critter Carousel. Don Tomas to Poultry Palace.

Etc. etc. etc.

They just haven't updated the site with the new places yet. It's still over a month away. Not quite at the point of the "falling behind" alarm just yet.
                  I thought that might be the case, but then why aren't the Cove Bar and California Screamin' on that list? They disappear on June 23rd. On the other hand, It says Ariel's Grotto is under refurbishment and we know that's never coming back. So I think you might be right that they just haven't updated it. Although, with Disney I wouldn't be certain quite yet. We know the carousel isn't coming back until 2019 and that the Pixar lamp won't be there on opening day either.

Kevin Plank

Comment

• Quick update: the VIP premiere on June 22nd will have the Pal-A-Round and all shops. So it looks like everything will be completed in time. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/eve...0180516180008C

Kevin Plank

Comment

Quick update: the VIP premiere on June 22nd will have the Pal-A-Round and all shops. So it looks like everything will be completed in time. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/eve...0180516180008C
                      It doesn't mention the Critter Carousel so not EVERYTHING will be open, but most things should be able to open on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

It doesn't mention the Critter Carousel so not EVERYTHING will be open, but most things should be able to open on time.
                        critter carousel and the inside out spinner will not be done for a year.
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• I'm a little confused on the Hyperspace Mountain news. I saw the article said "through June 3" but does that mean June 3 is the last day for Hyperspace operation, or June 2 is? Basically, what I'd like to know is whether or not any Space Mountain will be up and running on June 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by CherryMouse View Post
                            I'm a little confused on the Hyperspace Mountain news. I saw the article said "through June 3" but does that mean June 3 is the last day for Hyperspace operation, or June 2 is? Basically, what I'd like to know is whether or not any Space Mountain will be up and running on June 3.
                            Hyperspace Mountain is running through the end of the day on the 3rd.

Comment

• I just found out that It's a small world closes shortly after Halloween to get it's Christmas overlay. We'll be there November 1-6. How soon after Halloween does it shut down for its holiday decorations, is it the first week of November? I looked at the Disney refurbs and it's not listed yet. Anyone remember which day it went down last year for the overlay? Thanks everyone! I'm hoping it's open at least the first day of our vacation

Comment

• historically, Small World is a 20 day overlay project, if you were to go to a Disneyland Travel site, which this site is not, you could search the topic. It for sure will be closed on your dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicjenn View Post
                                  I just found out that It's a small world closes shortly after Halloween to get it's Christmas overlay. We'll be there November 1-6. How soon after Halloween does it shut down for its holiday decorations, is it the first week of November? I looked at the Disney refurbs and it's not listed yet. Anyone remember which day it went down last year for the overlay? Thanks everyone! I'm hoping it's open at least the first day of our vacation
                                  If memory serves me right, it opens around the 6th to around Veteran's Day, depending on when Disneyland starts the holiday season.

Comment

• It's June 3rd, and Space Mountain still shows as closed on June 4th and beyond. Hopefully the website maintainer just fell asleep on their keyboard and forgot to update the site?

EDIT: They fixed it!
                                    Last edited by Ika Musume; 06-03-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone heard or have any information on how long the refurbishment of big thunder mountain is supposed to last in July

Comment

• Originally posted by tands4 View Post
                                        Has anyone heard or have any information on how long the refurbishment of big thunder mountain is supposed to last in July
                                        I haven't seen anything specific but I'd expect it to be a 2-4 week closure but that's honestly just a best guess. Since it was down fairly recently for it's major repair it probably needs just a few weeks of work and not a few months worth, but it's closed in to the weekend so it's not just a few day job either.

Comment

• Disney just updated
                                          https://disneyland.disney.go.com/att...tain-railroad/
                                          From July 16 through July 26, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment.

Comment

Working...
                                          X